Frans Buyout

Asking Fran about his contract isn't going at the right person. It's not his job to blow his own horn and announce the details of his contract. That's on Barta and the school. Fran may have went along with what the school decided to do not making any of the buyout public at the time but again that's him doing what his boss says and why would he do any different in that respect? So this is on Barta to me to be asking any of the questions in regards to this.

These contract buyouts are ridiculous.

Or maybe not...

The next great coach will leave Kentucky and crawl over broken glass for the 5th best coaching job in the big ten (up 4 spots because of the buyouts).

Barta is listening it’ll just take a few years to implement.

Asking Fran about his contract isn't going at the right person. It's not his job to blow his own horn and announce the details of his contract. That's on Barta and the school. Fran may have went along with what the school decided to do not making any of the buyout public at the time but again that's him doing what his boss says and why would he do any different in that respect? So this is on Barta to me to be asking any of the questions in regards to this.

Bingo we have a winner. It's a free country, good on Fran for getting this buyout. The persons who should be asked about this are Barta and Harrald. I'm not sure what the media would expect Fran to say if they ask him "Is your buyout too large?"

Agreed. However, do you just ignore the 10,000 lbs. pink elephant in the room?

because he's no where near a buy out situation and if it comes to it, Iowa has money stuffed in the walls of the football complex and will happily pay it to get rid of him.

They certainly do not have "hidden" money. As a state institution that would be highly illegal. All money is accounted for. Iowa's athletic budget is heavily scrutinized by the board of regents. Barta doles out big contracts and extensions to keep the money flowing to the athletic department and not allocated elsewhere. Like it or not it is just like government funding. You have to justify the funds or your budget gets cut. I'm sure that one of Barta's main goals is to increase the budgetary need every year by 3 to 5%.

They certainly do not have "hidden" money. As a state institution that would be highly illegal. All money is accounted for. Iowa's athletic budget is heavily scrutinized by the board of regents. Barta doles out big contracts and extensions to keep the money flowing to the athletic department and not allocated elsewhere. Like it or not it is just like government funding. You have to justify the funds or your budget gets cut. I'm sure that one of Barta's main goals is to increase the budgetary need every year by 3 to 5%.

You are very naive.

You are very naive.

Lol so you are saying that you believe that Barta is guilty of defrauding the University and State of Iowa by miraculously stashing away millions of dollars without being caught? The same guy who won't let boosters provide "special" benefits to recruits? The same criminal mastermind that couldn't even cover his tracks running out an employee he disliked?

What happens if Fran has no need to make changes going into next season knowing he has the most secured job in the country and next season is more of the same? Fans will fall apathetic real quick. Already heading that direction. Carver may look like Lick-era attendance by next season and Barta won't be able to do anything. I'm sure this will end well.

BTW, Iowa is the ONLY Big Ten conference school since expansion to not win a regular season conference title in any athletics. I believe Rutgers, Nebraska, and Maryland even have. Iowa is way down on the Director's Cup.

I know, but he has to feel guilty as hell.
If he has any conscious at all, he and his staff better coach their ass off the rest of the year.

He’s been sitting on knowledge of the FOIA request since Nov, as well. That and with his team playing like utter dog crap— must be fun around the house right now.

Latest posts