Frans Buyout

There aren't going to be any questions at the press conference. Why would there be? "Fran, do you think you deserve an extension?" "Well, I already signed the contract and you don't have $10M that I see, so go f*ck yourself."

Don't forget President Herrald signed off on this. This proves exactly what I have said over and over: the University of Iowa does not care about athletics. Fran better turn things around next season, because he is going to be Iowa's BB coach for a long time.

Be prepared for Brian Ferentz as the next head FB coach.
Yep. Exactly right. Fran McCaffery and Brian Ferentz get to finish the job of running Iowa athletics into the ground! What a freaking joke!

Lol so you are saying that you believe that Barta is guilty of defrauding the University and State of Iowa by miraculously stashing away millions of dollars without being caught? The same guy who won't let boosters provide "special" benefits to recruits? The same criminal mastermind that couldn't even cover his tracks running out an employee he disliked?

Not accusing anyone. You are very naive though. LOL

Will the likes of Jon, Rob, Kakert, Leistikow address the total mismanagement of the Iowa Athletic Department in print?

Will questions be asked in the paper on why this was done on the quiet?

And the biggest question, will the booster or donor class step up and mandate a change?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaaaaaaaa! ****gasp*****HAHAHAHAHAhahaaaaaa!!

I don’t frown on the media in this instance. How would they know to look for something like this when this is completely unprecedented? This is unheard of. Actually the only reason the information probably got requested in the first place was because of how bad this season has been going and they wanted to see what it would cost to fire Fran. Then they stumbled upon this craziness.
I think this is exactly what happened.

Couple things...

-Patrick won't sign his NLI until November of this year.

-Asking Fran about the deal after the Nebraska game isn't that big of a deal, IMO. Barta needs to explain why he feels it's good business.
There's not much point in asking that question.

Its an opportunity for the media to prove they're not pussies.
Yep! They don't have a hair on their arse between them. They will tap dance around this issue with a real easy question and then ask no follow up questions once they get the Barta speak, brush off. mark my words.

Bingo we have a winner. It's a free country, good on Fran for getting this buyout. The persons who should be asked about this are Barta and Harrald. I'm not sure what the media would expect Fran to say if they ask him "Is your buyout too large?"
You can't ask them this in a public forum, so you have to get an official response. Then the media has to write the columns with these responses. You've already seen one of these columns with absolutely ZERO shade thrown at Barta or Harrold. That's all you'll get with this bunch. Trust me.

Lol so you are saying that you believe that Barta is guilty of defrauding the University and State of Iowa by miraculously stashing away millions of dollars without being caught? The same guy who won't let boosters provide "special" benefits to recruits? The same criminal mastermind that couldn't even cover his tracks running out an employee he disliked?
I happen to believe that Gary Barta would defraud his mother out of her SS checks. But that's just me.

What happens if Fran has no need to make changes going into next season knowing he has the most secured job in the country and next season is more of the same? Fans will fall apathetic real quick. Already heading that direction. Carver may look like Lick-era attendance by next season and Barta won't be able to do anything. I'm sure this will end well.

BTW, Iowa is the ONLY Big Ten conference school since expansion to not win a regular season conference title in any athletics. I believe Rutgers, Nebraska, and Maryland even have. Iowa is way down on the Director's Cup.
I know for a fact that he's not making any changes for next year. He has the roster he wants. If players transfer out, it's because they want to play for a good team or they want minutes somewhere else.

I know for a fact that he's not making any changes for next year. He has the roster he wants. If players transfer out, it's because they want to play for a good team or they want minutes somewhere else.

If he doesn't add a transfer or two, then it's going to be more of the same next year. Fan apathy will excel quickly too.

Well, that's it then. I refuse to even allow my sons to attend the U of I. It's too embarrassing. They can go to UNI or a private school.

Latest posts