Frans Buyout

I just read it, I didn't see where it compared it to other college BB coaches contracts.
Sure could be Fake news I guess. I just did a google search that said Alford’s buyout at UCLA was 10.4 Million, which the article also noted as staggering.

To compare John Calipari and Bill Self have no buyout whatsoever. No wonder Barta tried to sneak this past everyone. Ridiculous!

Don't forget President Herrald signed off on this. This proves exactly what I have said over and over: the University of Iowa does not care about athletics. Fran better turn things around next season, because he is going to be Iowa's BB coach for a long time.

Be prepared for Brian Ferentz as the next head FB coach.

Sure could be Fake news I guess. I just did a google search that said Alford’s buyout at UCLA was 10.4 Million, which the article also noted as staggering.

It's just the nature of big time college athletics, it's a big #, but I find it hard to believe that the market doesn't drive that price.

To compare John Calipari and Bill Self have no buyout whatsoever. No wonder Barta tried to sneak this past everyone. Ridiculous!

All the Iowa coaches contracts are publicly released, how you exactly think he was "sneaking" anything is cute.

All the Iowa coaches contracts are publicly released, how you exactly think he was "sneaking" anything is cute.
I’m sorry but you’re wrong on this man. Normally when you extend a coach you are excited about it and you make a public announcement for it. Shows recruits you are committed to a coach. I’ve never seen something like this where a reporter literally had to dig to find this.

It's just the nature of big time college athletics, it's a big #, but I find it hard to believe that the market doesn't drive that price.

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

I’m sorry but you’re wrong on this man. Normally when you extend a coach you are excited about it and you make a public announcement for it. Shows recruits you are committed to a coach. I’ve never seen something like this where a reporter literally had to dig to find this.
Ingoodco would justify anything u of i did. Its what he does

Crazy that just last week I was explaining to people how our Athletic department didn’t have a drive for success that UW and other schools have. The proof is the pudding as they say. Extensions for making the tournament? The tournament should be an effing expectation most years. Wow

What's even more sickening is it looks like Fran signed the extension on November 29th...the DAY AFTER he lost to Virginia Tech by 24 points and a week after the Cayman Islands debacle

Ouch Barta, ouch
This is exactly what I thought. We just came off an NIT year, start off 2017-18 looking like hot garbage...and NOW would be a great time to lock FM down? I say all this being a Fran supporter through next year.

What in holy hell is Barta and Harrell thinking?
Do they have ANY business acumen at all.

This was done on the quiet, any boosters or donors happy with this?

On top of Iowa’s doormat ranking overall in the B1G, Lesbogate to the tune of $6.6m and repeated contract negotiating f ups - GB needs out before lunch. Good Gawd.

Barta is the one who needs fired
I saw where Barta was like the 5th or 6th highest paid State employee at well over a million a year What a crime. Its hard enough to see mediocre coaches making millions but a bumbling fool like Barta. Wonder what it would cost to get rid of him

Ingoodco would justify anything u of i did. Its what he does

Geez, that's not true at all. I will happily admit that I am wrong, I do all time.... let's see some data to prove it - or you guys can just cut me down for no reason what so ever. I know I do it to all of you constantly right?

Did Barta's health issues mess him up this bad? I am thinking there may be a case of elder abuse going on in Iowa City. Fran just brought him ppwk and told him to sign in between pudding cups.

Geez, that's not true at all. I will happily admit that I am wrong, I do all time.... let's see some data to prove it - or you guys can just cut me down for no reason what so ever. I know I do it to all of you constantly right?
For what reason would they have to not make an announcement for something like this?

What data do you want? I gave you two HOF coaches with no buyouts whatsoever. Tom Crean's buyout was always widely discussed and his was only $4 million.

Latest posts