Frans Buyout

After the Purdue game I thought there was a chance Fran may step down at the end of the season. Obviously, I didn't know about the extension......he ain't walking away from all that loot not voluntarily anyway.

For what reason would they have to not make an announcement for something like this?

because he's no where near a buy out situation and if it comes to it, Iowa has money stuffed in the walls of the football complex and will happily pay it to get rid of him.

Last edited:
Will the likes of Jon, Rob, Kakert, Leistikow address the total mismanagement of the Iowa Athletic Department in print?

Will questions be asked in the paper on why this was done on the quiet?

And the biggest question, will the booster or donor class step up and mandate a change?

BTW, this is Gary Barta's house:

IStgo68prc6xqw0000000000.jpg

IShfb66m20tdrw0000000000.jpg

IS1jnhkmsia8sw0000000000.jpg

ISletqei1g3ys01000000000.jpg

ISdc26ka7ry3411000000000.jpg

ISxjldvwl22t911000000000.jpg

I don't have the best memory in the world but I can't remember Iowa waiting this long to announce an extension. This was done almost two months ago. It could have been because Barta was taking his leave, but he's been at every sporting event for football and men's basketball throughout the seasons.

Scott Dochterman from Land of 10 filed a FOIA to get the information. Unusual that it took him doing that for the info to come out.

What data do you want? I gave you two HOF coaches with no buyouts whatsoever. Tom Crean's buyout was always widely discussed and his was only $4 million.

I'd like some deals structured in 2017 to prove that current coaching contract market isn't what drove the price. Please provide it. You also gave 2 guys who are at the top jobs in their sport and one makes 5 million a year the other makes 8 million a year.

I just read it, I didn't see where it compared it to other college BB coaches contracts.

Will you please just stick your head back in the ground and stop posting? You've been proven wrong so many times, yet you come back posting the same sorry ass shit. Everyone gets that you're a Fran lover, and no matter how shitty we are today, tomorrow and in the future, you're gonna be a Fran lover.

because he's no where near a buy out situation and if it comes to it, Iowa has money stuffed in the walls of the football complex and will happily pay it to get rid of him.
Man this was a contract extension! Meaning he was signed to coach for longer than we knew. Normally you tell the fanbase and your recruits these types of things. Tough to see an explanation for not releasing this.

Will the likes of Jon, Rob, Kakert, Leistikow address the total mismanagement of the Iowa Athletic Department in print?

Will questions be asked in the paper on why this was done on the quiet?

And the biggest question, will the booster or donor class step up and mandate a change?

Come on, man...didn't you see earlier this week when Rob assured us tough questions are asked? That the media is not a bunch of bootlickers? I'm sure he'll come back on for more drivel to reassure everyone.

I don't have the best memory in the world but I can't remember Iowa waiting this long to announce an extension. This was done almost two months ago. It could have been because Barta was taking his leave, but he's been at every sporting event for football and men's basketball throughout the seasons.

Scott Dochterman from Land of 10 filed a FOIA to get the information. Unusual that it took him doing that for the info to come out.

This is a situation where I'm glad there are journalists out there digging.

Will you please just stick your head back in the ground and stop posting? You've been proven wrong so many times, yet you come back posting the same sorry ass shit. Everyone gets that you're a Fran lover, and no matter how shitty we are today, tomorrow and in the future, you're gonna be a Fran lover.

Why do I have to stop posting? Can't I have my opinion? Let's get real, the UofI is getting 51 million a year just for football TV contract and if they bought out Fran they would pay it out in monthly installments over several years. This buy out aint shit.

BTW, I'm home sick with three kids today so I don't think I'll be writing on the buyout today but as I wrote when KF received the large buyout in his contract, it seems exorbitant. I don't know have dada for buyouts all around the country for college football and men's basketball, but I'd be surprised if these weren't among the more coach-friendly buyout deals.

Man this was a contract extension! Meaning he was signed to coach for longer than we knew. Normally you tell the fanbase and your recruits these types of things. Tough to see an explanation for not releasing this.

I trust Rob when he says it's unusual, because Rob's trusted source. So I am sorry I doubted you on the announcement part of things. I always thought contracts were signed typically months in advance of announcement in a lot of cases.

Why do I have to stop posting? Can't I have my opinion? Let's get real, the UofI is getting 51 million a year just for football TV contract and if they bought out Fran they would pay it out in monthly installments over several years. This buy out aint shit.

Bc you're standing firm in the face of common sense all the time is ridiculous.

Were they really that afraid of the backlash? Why would they even care?

I'd like some deals structured in 2017 to prove that current coaching contract market isn't what drove the price. Please provide it. You also gave 2 guys who are at the top jobs in their sport and one makes 5 million a year the other makes 8 million a year.

Bruce Weber just signed a contract extension this year with a 2.5 million dollar buyout that goes down $500,000 every year.

Steve Alford just signed a contract extension this year with a 6.2 million dollar buyout that goes down to 3.6 million the following year and 1 million the following year after that.

Steve Piekiell just signed a contract extension this year with a 5 million dollar buyout that goes down 1 million every year.

Last edited:

Latest posts