Frans Buyout

Bc you're standing firm in the face of common sense all the time is ridiculous.

I don't - i literally apologize and side with other posters points and views several times a day... all while getting aggressive posts from you. I just give my reaction to things. It's fun. I'm gonna go ahead and keep doing it.

Well let's not give the media a pass here for the fun of it. So it wasn't till yesterday or today that they even 'investigated' it to find this out. With as bad as Iowa's been one would think they'd have done this sooner. It's easy to see why the school didn't release any kind of release bragging about it. If Iowa/Barta is anything they are somewhat self aware of how things look after how they've extended KF and all ....
Which to me is terrible because if you KNOW how that was going to look back then and then do what they did by not announcing it at all just to try temporarily avoiding this (media scrutiny) knowing full well it'd eventually come out then your just a special kind of stupid as they say...

BTW, this is Gary Barta's house:

IStgo68prc6xqw0000000000.jpg

IShfb66m20tdrw0000000000.jpg

IS1jnhkmsia8sw0000000000.jpg

ISletqei1g3ys01000000000.jpg

ISdc26ka7ry3411000000000.jpg

ISxjldvwl22t911000000000.jpg

Come on, man. You really didn't expect him to live in a shack? Maybe in a tent down by the Iowa river.

Last edited:
Come on, man...didn't you see earlier this week when Rob assured us tough questions are asked? That the media is not a bunch of bootlickers? I'm sure he'll come back on for more drivel to reassure everyone.

Nope. I've said my piece for now. Thanks for thinking of me, though. It's nice to know you care.

Well let's not give the media a pass here for the fun of it. So it wasn't till yesterday or today that they even 'investigated' it to find this out. With as bad as Iowa's been one would think they'd have done this sooner. It's easy to see why the school didn't release any kind of release bragging about it. If Iowa/Barta is anything they are somewhat self aware of how things look after how they've extended KF and all ....
Which to me is terrible because if you KNOW how that was going to look back then and then do what they did by not announcing it at all just to try temporarily avoiding this (media scrutiny) knowing full well it'd eventually come out then your just a special kind of stupid as they say...

Scott filed the FOIA a while back. The UI is not obligated to release the information right away to the requester. Aren't facts great?

Scott filed the FOIA a while back. The UI is not obligated to release the information right away to the requester. Aren't facts great?
Ah well that makes sense too then. Why wouldn't they drag their feet at providing something when it's as simple as clicking a mouse.

Bruce Weber just signed a contract extension this year with a 2.5 million dollar buyout that goes down $500,000 every year.

Steve Alford just signed a contract extension this year with a 6.2 million dollar buyout that goes down to 3.6 million the following year and 1 million the following year after that.

Steve Piekiell just signed a contract extension this year with a 5 million dollar buyout that goes down 1 million every year.

How about B1G coaches

Chris Holtman - $18 million multiplied by six, or $108 million, to Ohio State
Archie Miller contract is 24 million until 2024 - If IU wants to buyout his contract, IU would owe Miller 100-percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022 and 50-percent of his remaining salary any date after that
Brad Underwood's is 8.5 million

They probably were hoping things on the court improved to make for a better climate. That have a certain amount of time to respond to the FOIA. My guess is they took all of it.
I realize the Prez isn't going to fire Barta, so who would have to make that decision if he won't?

I don't have the best memory in the world but I can't remember Iowa waiting this long to announce an extension. This was done almost two months ago. It could have been because Barta was taking his leave, but he's been at every sporting event for football and men's basketball throughout the seasons.

Scott Dochterman from Land of 10 filed a FOIA to get the information. Unusual that it took him doing that for the info to come out.
This is whole thing smells like shit

The very fact a FOIA request had to be used, shows that the U of I knows that this is a public relations nightmare. If we were NCAA bound and all was rosy, Gary would have farted this all out with a presser to every possible media outlet.

A public humiliation as it were. Nothing more than another cluster f by our snaggled toothed leader Gary Barta.

They probably were hoping things on the court improved to make for a better climate. That have a certain amount of time to respond to the FOIA. My guess is they took all of it.

That worked well for them.o_O

Latest posts