Forum redesign to roll out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it after I have signed in and click on the Forums header it shows that I am not signed in. But if I click on Recent Threads - it recognizes me as being signed in? Using Chrome by the way.

Fixed..thanks for bringing it to our attention

Meh. Not as user friendly as before.

It actually is far more user friendly...the user just has to give it more than 10 minutes ;)

The reality is had we started with this layout them moved to what is now the old layout, nearly all of these same objections would be raised...I've been through enough of these things to guarantee that.

After a few weeks, it will feel familiar.

Will look into the centering on the larger resolutions. I haven't looked at it on my 23" iMac yet, so will take a look see

Jon, these forum threads/pages are loading a he!! of a lot faster than before. Now I can't even drink a beer between the pages loading. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes::p

It actually is far more user friendly...the user just has to give it more than 10 minutes ;)

The reality is had we started with this layout them moved to what is now the old layout, nearly all of these same objections would be raised...I've been through enough of these things to guarantee that.

After a few weeks, it will feel familiar.

Well, I beg to differ!

It does load faster, I'll give you that. But having the links on the right hand side is just...odd. Of course, I'm odd myself (left-handed among other things).

I doubt I'll ever get used to it. But....that won't keep me from this site.

I don't care for the black bar at the bottom of the screen. What is the alleged purpose?

Well, I beg to differ!

It does load faster, I'll give you that. But having the links on the right hand side is just...odd. Of course, I'm odd myself (left-handed among other things).

I doubt I'll ever get used to it. But....that won't keep me from this site.

how often do you actually use those links for it to be an issue

those links are new so you can't say the old way was better

I don't care for the black bar at the bottom of the screen. What is the alleged purpose?

I am assuming you have an ad blocker. If you turn off your ad blocker you will see that there are ads on it. The site looks like crap with ad blocker, but much better than the alternative.

Not sure why it changed to u duff. I had tried earlier to merge a thread u started into this thread. Must have been due to that. I was doing it on smart phone, so there u go.

I am assuming you have an ad blocker. If you turn off your ad blocker you will see that there are ads on it. The site looks like crap with ad blocker, but much better than the alternative.

Tks, Dug.

I don't know if anyone else has said this in this thread, but when I load the site in Safari on an iPad, the banner ad I think is supposed to be on the bottom loads across the middle of the page.

I was reallly confused that Duff was the one creating this thread. I thought for a second maybe JDM had pulled a fast one on us all and was, in all reality, Duffman, OK4P and the other alter egos. That would be one hell of a way to drive traffic!

Back on topic: I love the new look Jon. Very profressional. Very user friendly. Very aesthetically pleasing. Very functional. Impressed. I still struggle with the amount of white space on this site but I don't know what else you should put in its place so it just remains an unidentifiable dislike for me. Other than that, I dig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts