Former verbal committments to Iowa

Nah, you don't think you're a moderator... not. And if I remember correctly, and I do, YOU were the one telling me to stay on topic... your decreed topic... not the OP's topic...

The OP's topic is about Iowa losing top commits the last few years and calling it a "trend". I explained why those players choose to decommit per their statements they made publicly, which all reasons were clearly out of the hands of Iowa. None of the players decommitted for any reason that Iowa could control. You expanded on that stating that top recruits choose other schools because they can't showcase their talents in the KF/Iowa system, which is obviously not true.

Either you're owning me because you clearly trolled me since obviously no one is truly this dense or you just can't seem to grasp simple concepts and then you really are this dense.

So again, please tell me how wrong I am and how I am not staying on topic and how I think I am moderator.

The OP's statement also includes Iowa's unfortunate 4-8 record last year, and the possible trend. And Dave, if you don't think you think you're a moderator, let me repost this:

I know I am not a moderator, can you stay on topic? Seriously who do you think you are? We are having a conversation and if you're taking offense to how I post, then stop responding. What are you 5 years old? He's mean, so I am going to tell my daddy. When you're going use words like trepidations, please at least know what they mean. In any of my posts did I show any signs of "worrying" about the team's ability to get and keep high level players, um no I didn't, but you did...
Do you not know what a moderator is?

Last edited:
Just concentrate on straw man logic... like you always do.

There is definitely one of us that is hung up on the strawman topic, no pun intended.

on a serious side, I'll stop with the "strawman" arguments, when you stop arguing with "strawman" facts. There are plenty of people on this board I don't always agree with, OOTH, Freed, and others but I respect their points and even there logice at times....you see to just want to argue and never be wrong, even when you are.

You have given me little reason to take you seriously. So I don't really care what you think of my posts, my logic, or my arguments. This isn't that you arent entitled to your opinion, and represent that opinion on this board, of course you are, and can.

You have been refuted a few times in this thread, but you refuse to admit it....then you wonder why people stop taking the time to respond with a serious comment to you and instead use "strawman" arguments.

Did I use "strawman" enough in this thread and did I use the "strawman" incorrectly enough?

strawman.

Fletcher, Godfrey, Spievey, Considine.all multi year NFL guys besides Sanders. Hyde and Prater are likely multi year guys who will contribute.

DB recruits the last couple years.

Warfield 53 ranked safety
Rucker 33 ranked safety
King 73 ranked cb
Draper 53 ranked cb
Fleming 54 ranked cb
Gair 58 ranked cb
Lile 34 ranked athlete

I didn't see this until I read a repost of Dave's: this whole thread is about worrying if Iowa will get the higher-regarded high school recruits.

There is definitely one of us that is hung up on the strawman topic, no pun intended.

on a serious side, I'll stop with the "strawman" arguments, when you stop arguing with "strawman" facts. There are plenty of people on this board I don't always agree with, OOTH, Freed, and others but I respect their points and even there logice at times....you see to just want to argue and never be wrong, even when you are.

You have given me little reason to take you seriously. So I don't really care what you think of my posts, my logic, or my arguments. This isn't that you arent entitled to your opinion, and represent that opinion on this board, of course you are, and can.

You have been refuted a few times in this thread, but you refuse to admit it....then you wonder why people stop taking the time to respond with a serious comment to you and instead use "strawman" arguments.

Did I use "strawman" enough in this thread and did I use the "strawman" incorrectly enough?

strawman.
Well, at least you tried to refute me. OK, for starters, I'm pretty sure you don't know what straw man logic is: straw man logic is making up an imaginary argument then refuting said argument... That's you.

I didn't see this until I read a repost of Dave's: this whole thread is about worrying if Iowa will get the higher-regarded high school recruits.

Come on man Iowa has a lot of DB's who have "made it" in the NFL.

Sanders obviously. Fletcher, Paschal, Considine, Spievey, and both T. Sash and Micah Hyde are impressing their teams at this moment.

You always bring up the "strawman" comment every time you have nothing else to respond with. The fact of the matter is you thought the only DB Iowa had that made it in the NFL was Sanders. That says enough about your knowledge level right there. End of discussion.

Fletcher, Godfrey, Spievey, Considine.all multi year NFL guys besides Sanders. Hyde and Prater are likely multi year guys who will contribute.

DB recruits the last couple years.

Warfield 53 ranked safety
Rucker 33 ranked safety
King 73 ranked cb
Draper 53 ranked cb
Fleming 54 ranked cb
Gair 58 ranked cb
Lile 34 ranked athlete
Hyde and Prater are likely... there's no doubt they will be safeties in the NFL (if anything). and Spievey.. is he still with Detroit or they trying to ease him out? Considine is on special teams. Not sure what's going on with Godfrey, I'm just sayin' if Iowa had more success with their DBs in the NFL, there'd, IMO, be more DB high school recruits that were highly regarded that would come to Iowa.... a lot more, and higher regarded than what Iowa gets now. Is this part of your argument strategy to make me repeat and repeat until I get tired of repeating????

Last edited:
Well, at least you tried to refute me. OK, for starters, I'm pretty sure you don't know what straw man logic is: straw man logic is making up an imaginary argument then refuting said argument... That's you.

Yeah, I know...your still wrong on most points...or is that a straw man argument....am I doing right?

The OP's statement also includes Iowa's unfortunate 4-8 record last year, and the possible trend. And Dave, if you don't think you think you're a moderator, let me repost this: Do you not know what a moderator is?

No player except Ross P. made any comments regarding Iowa's records. Considering he choose Alabama, his concern wasn't just that Iowa's record sucked last season. He clearly went to the best program in the country over the past 4 seasons. I have said this for a while now, clearly even if Iowa had gone to a bowl game last season there is still a huge difference between Iowa and Alabama. 4-8 was not the reason Ross P. choose Alabama. I agree that 4-8 MIGHT deter many other players highly rated players, however unless they say that, you are merely speculating.

Now, my comment responding to your original moderator comment was to the fact that I know I am not an assigned moderator on this site who has rights to delete posts/threads or ban anyone. My response was in the fact that you were purposes avoiding the topic and derailing the conversation because you said I was demanding things from you. Obviously, I didn't demand anything, you took the posts personally and that is on no one but you.

This is exactly what you're doing. Your point stating that highly recruited players don't choose Iowa because they can't showcase their talents or be game changers because of the system that KF uses, is a strawman argument. You don't know that is the reason they transfer or decommit, you just assume that it is. Me on the other hand, I provided answers based solely on public statements by former players and commits as to why they decommitted or transferred.

Dave (myself) presented facts, Homer (you) presented opinion and speculation that is made up with no proof or backing.

Another point is your definition of a game changer only being a player at the top level. Such as Shonn Greene, according to you he wasn't a game changer at Iowa because he isn't in the NFL. Again, made up non-sense.

Your definition of strawman argument is what you did, no one else.

This is exactly what you're doing. Your point stating that highly recruited players don't choose Iowa because they can't showcase their talents or be game changers because of the system that KF uses, is a strawman argument. You don't know that is the reason they transfer or decommit, you just assume that it is. Me on the other hand, I provided answers based solely on public statements by former players and commits as to why they decommitted or transferred.

Dave (myself) presented facts, Homer (you) presented opinion and speculation that is made up with no proof or backing.

Another point is your definition of a game changer only being a player at the top level. Such as Shonn Greene, according to you he wasn't a game changer at Iowa because he isn't in the NFL. Again, made up non-sense.

Your definition of strawman argument is what you did, no one else.

I think he was calling me out Dave...but you pretty much nailed it.

I think he was calling me out Dave...but you pretty much nailed it.

I know, but his argument with me was clearly strawman by his own definition. I think we are getting trolled hard by homer. I thought that type of non-sense went away with the mass bannings, but apparently not.

Easy to post when you turn the point into your own favor.. Earlier, I asked anyone to name the Hawkeye DBs that made it in the NFL. Not just drafted, not hamburger squad, and not special teams, but still playing after a few years 'cause of DB skill... Other than Sanders, none. I think this is really getting into the area of a hijacked thread..

Are you serious, or are you just a HUGE FREAKING TROLL? Can you at least do quick math to seem a little less stupid? 6 rounds in the NFL draft, and what 30 picks a around is 180 college football players are drafted each year. How many D1 college football player graduate or come out early each year? 20 per team and 113 D1 teams, so you have approximately 2260 player coming out of D1 football every year. You basically have to be in the top 8% of all college football players coming out to even be drafted into the NFL to begin with.....but of course you call them the hamburger squad, instead of realizing that they are the best of the best to even be drafted to begin with.

So basically you don't even understand that Iowa has placed multiple players into the NFL out of the secondary, and then you don't even realize that only the best of the best college football players even get drafted to begin with. Congratulations on being one of the dumbest non ISU trolls on this board.

Certainly a selling point for a high ranking DB recruit coming to college is how well does the college train the recruit for the NFL. Does Iowa, for example, train any recruits to become cornerbacks in the NFL? No.

The Paschals, the Considines, and to my knowledge, Spieveys, etc., didn't make it into the NFL with any relevance playing DB (Detroit seems to be easing Spievey out). Playing on the practice squad isn't relevant to playing as DB in the NFL. Playing only on special teams isn't relevant to playing DB in the NFL. Does Fletcher still play for St.Louis? He may, beside Sanders, be the only Iowa DBs - safeties who are/were relevent for any length of time in the NFL from Iowa under KF.

For example, Dean, keeps explaining his point, but it's a different point than I originally had and still have about being sucessful recruiting highly-rated high school DBs to Iowa . Probably he thinks my point is unnecsessary...

Wait a minute...is this HomerChampless guy serious?

DB, other than offensive line, is by far Iowa's most NFL-friendly position. We've had a defensive back drafted every season for the last ten years.

Are you gonna call out our inablity to put Tight Ends in the NFL next?

Certainly a selling point for a high ranking DB recruit coming to college is how well does the college train the recruit for the NFL. Does Iowa, for example, train any recruits to become cornerbacks in the NFL? No.

The Paschals, the Considines, and to my knowledge, Spieveys, etc., didn't make it into the NFL with any relevance playing DB (Detroit seems to be easing Spievey out). Playing on the practice squad isn't relevant to playing as DB in the NFL. Playing only on special teams isn't relevant to playing DB in the NFL. Does Fletcher still play for St.Louis? He may, beside Sanders, be the only Iowa DBs - safeties who are/were relevent for any length of time in the NFL from Iowa under KF.

For example, Dean, keeps explaining his point, but it's a different point than I originally had and still have about being sucessful recruiting highly-rated high school DBs to Iowa . Probably he thinks my point is unnecsessary...

Calling out spievey (sp?) shows you don't know much. He is very talented and has even started at safety...his problem is not ability it is concussions that he has had lingering migraines from. Last I had seen they still had him list as a 2nd stringer even with those problems.

Wasn't Adam Shada a CB playing in the NFL for Philly?

Latest posts