Former verbal committments to Iowa

Kozan never commited

What about players that have switched to Iowa?

CJ Fed
Reggie Spearman
Leshun Daniels
CJ Beatherd
Barkley Hill

CJ should be good but up until now still hasn't become the beast we all thought he should. The other four haven't even seen the field so how can we judge them?

CJ Fed originally committed to Ron Zook, which is a huge character red flag right there. It is no surprise to me he's failed to meet expectations.

I can't believe no one has mentioned AJ Derby yet. I guess he wasn't technically a decommit but probably the most talented player the hawks have lost in that time frame.

Kozan never committed to Iowa. Reiff never committed to Nebraska...I think he picked up a very late offer from them, but he never committed. Gordon was the state of Wisconsin's top RB and was committed to Iowa for all of a month before changing his mind.

As for this topic, I was thinking about this yesterday...it's not the volume of decommits here, and Iowa gets some from other schools...it's just that the last two years (so far) Iowa has lost the highest rated kids in their class.

That said, Hill got a late offer from Michigan and he is from Detroit. Kenney wanted to be with his dad (at the time) at Indiana and he was able to spend a ton of time there.

No mention of the greatest of all. The Shadow was told this by a retired staffer from Fort Kinnick.

A running back from Omaha Central had pledged himself to Iowa due to Evy's exciting offense. However, he called Evy and asked for some funds to buy an old used car so that he could get to Iowa City. His request was refused. Therefore, he got his vehicle from Lawrence and the Kansas Comet was born.

For the young readers his real name is Gale Sayers.

I can't believe no one has mentioned AJ Derby yet. I guess he wasn't technically a decommit but probably the most talented player the hawks have lost in that time frame.

I think the theme was 4 star players that de-committed. Derby committed to the Hawks, signed and played here, then transfered, plus he was 3-star, at least on Scout anyway.

Kozan never committed to Iowa. Reiff never committed to Nebraska...I think he picked up a very late offer from them, but he never committed. Gordon was the state of Wisconsin's top RB and was committed to Iowa for all of a month before changing his mind.

As for this topic, I was thinking about this yesterday...it's not the volume of decommits here, and Iowa gets some from other schools...it's just that the last two years (so far) Iowa has lost the highest rated kids in their class.

That said, Hill got a late offer from Michigan and he is from Detroit. Kenney wanted to be with his dad (at the time) at Indiana and he was able to spend a ton of time there.

um, you posted a couple articles on your HN Scout site about Rieff de-committed from Iowa and pledging to Nebraska.

Scout.com: Riley Reiff: Back Where He Started

Riley Reiff: Back Where He Started
premium.gif

408374.jpg

By HN Staff

Date: Dec 21, 2007

Riley Reiff of Parkston, SD committed to the Iowa football program in the spring. In October, he took a visit to Lincoln and changed his mind, pledging to the Cornhuskers. After a change at the top of the Nebraska football program and athletic department, Reiff has changed his mind again, and he is right back where he started...

um, you posted a couple articles on your HN Scout site about Rieff de-committed from Iowa and pledging to Nebraska.

Scout.com: Riley Reiff: Back Where He Started

Don't confuse us with the facts....Jon is getting a little forgetful in his later years.:D
Riley Reiff: Back Where He Started
premium.gif

408374.jpg

By HN Staff

Date: Dec 21, 2007

Riley Reiff of Parkston, SD committed to the Iowa football program in the spring. In October, he took a visit to Lincoln and changed his mind, pledging to the Cornhuskers. After a change at the top of the Nebraska football program and athletic department, Reiff has changed his mind again, and he is right back where he started...

Bielema went after Melvin gordons dad for that switch. MG was all Iowa until BB started changing his Dad's mind. BB couldn't get anywhere with Melvin, but ended up getting him through his family.

You also forgot David Barrent 4 star, 2009.

It's always tough to lose a highly ranked commitment, but I believe Barrent's scholly went to Van Sloten. Barrent ended up having to give up football a year into his college career due to injuries and Van Sloten will be a solid two-year starter at RT for Iowa.

Melvin Gordon averaged 10.0 ypc last year. AJ Derby played mediocre JUCO ball. I think you are incorrect.

Bonecrusher Williams was a big time former commit who is now in prison. If Ferentz really cared about the Fulmer Cup, he would have managed to keep Bonecrusher on campus for a few weeks so we could have scored some serious points.

Bonecrusher Williams was a big time former commit who is now in prison. If Ferentz really cared about the Fulmer Cup, he would have managed to keep Bonecrusher on campus for a few weeks so we could have scored some serious points.

Don't forget 4/5 star and the #1 ranked FB in the country Kalvin Bailey that we couldn't keep on campus either.

B. Wegher, C. Wilson, C. Everson...

These players were lost through attrition by transferring or were kicked off the team. The whole point of the thread was to discuss Iowa's lack of keeping 4* commits the past two/three years, not kids already on campus.

Latest posts