Former verbal committments to Iowa

Certainly a selling point for a high ranking DB recruit coming to college is how well does the college train the recruit for the NFL. Does Iowa, for example, train any recruits to become cornerbacks in the NFL? No.

The Paschals, the Considines, and to my knowledge, Spieveys, etc., didn't make it into the NFL with any relevance playing DB (Detroit seems to be easing Spievey out). Playing on the practice squad isn't relevant to playing as DB in the NFL. Playing only on special teams isn't relevant to playing DB in the NFL. Does Fletcher still play for St.Louis? He may, beside Sanders, be the only Iowa DBs - safeties who are/were relevent for any length of time in the NFL from Iowa under KF.

For example, Dean, keeps explaining his point, but it's a different point than I originally had and still have about being sucessful recruiting highly-rated high school DBs to Iowa . Probably he thinks my point is unnecsessary...

Bradley Fletcher $5,600,000
Tyler Sash $1,400,000
Spievey $2,500,000
Micah Hyde $580,000

Career earnings of Iowa DB playing in the NFL on a roster this year. Yip I bet those numbers wouldn't help recruit a kid to Iowa......

You do understand that the NFL is the best of the best football players out there? To be earning an NFL paycheck by definition means you are an elite football player.

Having an early signing period might prevent some of this from happening. I feel Ferentz does have an eye for talent and has proven he can develop talent but top Iowa recruits continue to get vultured by other programs and as a fan that is unfortunate. That's football.

Latest posts