? For Those Of You Who Lost Taste And/Or Smell...

I don't know a single person who has had covid a 2nd time and it knocked them on their ass. I'm sure there are plenty of stories. But since I haven't heard a single one, I assume it's pretty rare.
Work with a guy who didn’t get very sick the first time but the second one put him in the hospital for a month. No ventilator but he couldn’t walk 10’ without about passing out. He even wrote letters to his family and had zoom meetings with his lawyer about how to split up his ground (he farms too). His neighbors harvested for him in ‘21. Like a lot of folks up here he’s uber conservative and against the vaccine.

I’m not pro or anti so I don’t want to get into that discussion (this is the moderated OT forum), I’m just stating the facts as I know ‘em.

I’m not anti modern medicine whatsoever, but I still believe and always will, that sleep is the absolute best thing for recovery from being sick. If you have a normal immune system and can keep your fever down your body is going to kick a lot of ass on its own.

I did the two vaxes but none of the boosts. I keep hearing people keep getting it. But, to your point, there may be benefit lessening the symptoms and having better outcomes. But, I feel we've had heard immunity to now and most likely my family and I have had it at some point. Those people who are still running around with masks should realize they've prob had it and have immunities built up and most likely will be able to handle it. But, it's a choice. It each their own.
I certainly do believe in herd immunity....like the chicken-pox parties of my youth.

But this Covid strain was deadly since people had zero natural immunity to it...thus the high death rates. Pulmonary compromised people were especially at risk.

I foresee a recommended yearly Covid shot along with a flu shot. In fact rumor-control says It'll be named "FluVid" of all things.

Viruses are the ultimate survivors and morph constantly to ensure viability of the species. Man will forever be chasing the most current variant.

Work with a guy who didn’t get very sick the first time but the second one put him in the hospital for a month. No ventilator but he couldn’t walk 10’ without about passing out. He even wrote letters to his family and had zoom meetings with his lawyer about how to split up his ground (he farms too). His neighbors harvested for him in ‘21. Like a lot of folks up here he’s uber conservative and against the vaccine.

I’m not pro or anti so I don’t want to get into that discussion (this is the moderated OT forum), I’m just stating the facts as I know ‘em.
IMO his second exposure was to a more virile strain, which wasn't particularly protected against via the first generation Covid VAXs.

This is why there's a second "co variant" VAX already on the market....again, man chasing the ever-changing viruses as they morph.

IMO his second exposure was to a more virile strain, which wasn't particularly protected against via the first generation Covid VAXs.

This is why there's a second "co variant" VAX already on the market....again, man chasing the ever-changing viruses as they morph.
I got the first vaccine and a booster in May 2021. Haven’t gone again because I’m lazy and indifferent. Got rona Jun ‘22 and it was just like a regular cold other than the taste/smell thing. Severe COVID cases (deaths as a measure) have completely tanked to the point where they’re statistical noise so I don’t feel any danger. Strictly my own viewpoint and I don’t have any opinion on anyone else’s choice at all.

I’m in the camp of if you want it, get it, if you don’t, don’t. Same with flu. I get the flu vaccine every year because it’s free at work and our occ health nurse literally comes to our offices to give the shot if we want it. I don’t even have to get out of my chair.

I got it first taking care of a seriously ill relative who didn't want to go to hospital. Didn't knock me down, but had terrible back pain. 2nd time around I tested positive but had very little symptoms. Took a while to have no symptoms both times.

No way the vax was significantly tested before roll out. In ag I've watched over and over again how new chemicals by pharma is rolled out. Almost no real testing. I have no reason to believe this was much different. I can easily bring up how Roundup was mishandled in this country.

Regardless, there are things you can do to reduce death risk. Eat right which means organic and the right foods in the right amount. Cut way back on sugar including foods that digest into sugar. Avoid diabetes. Exercise.

I'm not a denier. My wife is an RN and into health. We both look much younger than we are. She communicates in RN groups. In certain areas the system was overwhelmed and made lots of mistakes. Closed vent systems were a huge problem. Inadequate vent training was also huge. Vax mandates caused many RNs to quit. Not much reported about that. Zinc ND Vit D levels also important.

As I've said before back in the days of many local farmers raising hogs, when viruses were big, about the worst thing you could do was to vax your whole herd.

I don't doubt the vax has some benefit to some people. I

Common sense went out the door.

I got it first taking care of a seriously ill relative who didn't want to go to hospital. Didn't knock me down, but had terrible back pain. 2nd time around I tested positive but had very little symptoms. Took a while to have no symptoms both times.

No way the vax was significantly tested before roll out. In ag I've watched over and over again how new chemicals by pharma is rolled out. Almost no real testing. I have no reason to believe this was much different. I can easily bring up how Roundup was mishandled in this country.

Regardless, there are things you can do to reduce death risk. Eat right which means organic and the right foods in the right amount. Cut way back on sugar including foods that digest into sugar. Avoid diabetes. Exercise.

I'm not a denier. My wife is an RN and into health. We both look much younger than we are. She communicates in RN groups. In certain areas the system was overwhelmed and made lots of mistakes. Closed vent systems were a huge problem. Inadequate vent training was also huge. Vax mandates caused many RNs to quit. Not much reported about that. Zinc ND Vit D levels also important.

As I've said before back in the days of many local farmers raising hogs, when viruses were big, about the worst thing you could do was to vax your whole herd.

I don't doubt the vax has some benefit to some people. I

Common sense went out the door.

Couple things.

I think they knew it wasn't going to be perfect because they knew or thought they had to roll it out fast. I think all in med research and health clinicians realized it's not ideal to do these things fast, but, they didn't have time because it was a historical pandemic, not seen in this generation.

Not being in the AG industry, I do have a question about Roundup. I and many obviously know what it is but I don't stay up on the regulations in AG. I suspect Roundup is still used? Not? If is, did they lock down on more stringent regulations? I'm out of that circle so don't know but curious as if it is managed differently now. Txs.

I don't know a single person who has had covid a 2nd time and it knocked them on their ass. I'm sure there are plenty of stories. But since I haven't heard a single one, I assume it's pretty rare.
I've had it twice (vaccined but not boosted) and maybe a third time early before it became widespread. I'm a little over 50 and it didn't hit any of us bad. In fact, my teens just slept more for a weekend.

No way the vax was significantly tested before roll out.

I thoroughly read the Pfizer study that they published on December 10, 2020. The Pfizer shot was tested for approximately 12 weeks before rollout. I wouldn't have read it and would have blindly got the shot but my buddy asked me "how can a vaccine be 95% effective?" and that question piqued my curiosity. After reading it I concluded that I was fine rolling the proverbial dice. I wish I had done a better job maintaining a real time compendium of propaganda that was unleashed. It was surreal watching a military grade "in group-out group" psychological operation deployed in real time.

They should have pushed that thing hard for the really vulnerable groups and just let everyone else decide for themselves with actual informed consent (which would have included a statement like "we have no fvcking clue what the long-term effects, if any, are"). The only person I knew well who died of the Germ was max vaxxed. I think the Germ mutated significantly and the OG version was probably going after an extinct virus by the time it hit widespread distribution, but it was likely that by that point virility had been reduced as well. At this point I really hope there aren't any sort of widespread long-term issues for the people who took it.

I've been VAX'd twice and boosted twice.

Was scheduled for a R TKA last Friday.

Had to do a preliminary Covid swab 48 hours prior to the surgery.

Yep. + test. Surgery delayed for 30 days.

I had some minor pulmonary tightness, a slight headache and mandatory off work for 5 days.
That's it. I'm back at work this week. (masking for another 5 days)

My point? Any vax isn't going to prevent transmission.

However, I'm convinced vax'ing mitigates the event.

As a Long Term Care Pharmacist, I deal with the vaccines daily. So, yeah, I'm pro-vax and pro-boost.
My most recent covid experience went like this:

My wife started getting symptoms on Dec 27th. She tests positive on Dec 29th. Her Dr. prescribes: Ivermectin & Zpac and then recommended vitamin D & an immune boosting IV w/ glutathione. She saw symptoms much improved by the afternoon of Dec 30th. Then on Dec 31st i started getting the very distinct "covid headache". I don't get migraines and i've had covid at least 3 previous times w/ the same distinct headache each time. Due to the fact my wife just tested positive it was an easy conclusion w/ what my body was fighting. I took one ivermectin w/ vitamin D and woke up the next morning w/ zero symptoms and felt fine. Not advocating for "self medicating" but rather simply saying what i did and what worked for me. No one in my family of 4 have been vaxed and all have had covid several times. I'm not anti vax and believe there are MANY who may have benefited from it. What i am however is ANTI mandate. To each his own. Do your research and do what you feel is best for you.

My most recent covid experience went like this:

My wife started getting symptoms on Dec 27th. She tests positive on Dec 29th. Her Dr. prescribes: Ivermectin & Zpac and then recommended vitamin D & an immune boosting IV w/ glutathione. She saw symptoms much improved by the afternoon of Dec 30th. Then on Dec 31st i started getting the very distinct "covid headache". I don't get migraines and i've had covid at least 3 previous times w/ the same distinct headache each time. Due to the fact my wife just tested positive it was an easy conclusion w/ what my body was fighting. I took one ivermectin w/ vitamin D and woke up the next morning w/ zero symptoms and felt fine. Not advocating for "self medicating" but rather simply saying what i did and what worked for me. No one in my family of 4 have been vaxed and all have had covid several times. I'm not anti vax and believe there are MANY who may have benefited from it. What i am however is ANTI mandate. To each his own. Do your research and do what you feel is best for you.

Well stated and that is where my head is at.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that a preliminary COVID-19 vaccine "safety signal" has been identified and is investigating whether the Bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine creates an increased risk of ischemic stroke in people 65 and older.

In the Friday statement, the CDC said that the preliminary signal hasn't been identified with the Bivalent Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

"Following the availability and use of the updated (bivalent) COVID-19 vaccines, CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD), a near real-time surveillance system, met the statistical criteria to prompt additional investigation into whether there was a safety concern for ischemic stroke in people ages 65 and older who received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent," the CDC said.

"Rapid-response investigation of the signal in the VSD raised a question of whether people 65 and older who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent were more likely to have an ischemic stroke in the 21 days following vaccination compared with days 22-44 following vaccination."

According to the CDC, an ischemic stroke "occurs when blood clots or other particles block the blood vessels to the brain."

Imagine being the CEO of a company and stumbling into a situation where you had a really short window to make an obscene amount of money. What corners would you cut and what propaganda would you put out there to capitalize on that window of opportunity?

This wasn't like cancer where they had all the time in the world to find a good product. If they were going to cash in big time, they had to get something out fast and tell everyone its fine.

Imagine being the CEO of a company and stumbling into a situation where you had a really short window to make an obscene amount of money. What corners would you cut and what propaganda would you put out there to capitalize on that window of opportunity?

This wasn't like cancer where they had all the time in the world to find a good product. If they were going to cash in big time, they had to get something out fast and tell everyone its fine.

People have no memory. Absolutely none. No one remembers the whistleblower who refused to sign off on the Challenger launch. No one remembers the stories told in Ralph Nader's book "Unsafe at any Speed." No one remembers the decades of lies from the USDA that created a "food pyramid" designed to serve the farm lobby to the detriment of human health. I'd wager that most people under 60 don't even know anything about the atomic testing that our military conducted in Nevada and at the Bikini Atoll and the absolutely horrific human costs paid in blood by our servicemen who were on site for those tests.

Basically anyone with any semblance of memory is not going to place a great deal of trust in many of the largest institutions in this country. Fortunately for those institutions most people have no memory other than with respect to a handful of carefully curated stories.

People have no memory. Absolutely none. No one remembers the whistleblower who refused to sign off on the Challenger launch. No one remembers the stories told in Ralph Nader's book "Unsafe at any Speed." No one remembers the decades of lies from the USDA that created a "food pyramid" designed to serve the farm lobby to the detriment of human health. I'd wager that most people under 60 don't even know anything about the atomic testing that our military conducted in Nevada and at the Bikini Atoll and the absolutely horrific human costs paid in blood by our servicemen who were on site for those tests.

Basically anyone with any semblance of memory is not going to place a great deal of trust in many of the largest institutions in this country. Fortunately for those institutions most people have no memory other than with respect to a handful of carefully curated stories.
People don't even remember a year ago when everyone swore you don't get or spread covid with the vaccine.

Couple things.

I think they knew it wasn't going to be perfect because they knew or thought they had to roll it out fast. I think all in med research and health clinicians realized it's not ideal to do these things fast, but, they didn't have time because it was a historical pandemic, not seen in this generation.

Not being in the AG industry, I do have a question about Roundup. I and many obviously know what it is but I don't stay up on the regulations in AG. I suspect Roundup is still used? Not? If is, did they lock down on more stringent regulations? I'm out of that circle so don't know but curious as if it is managed differently now. Txs.
The issue with glyphosate is that contact through skin and breathing can cause cancer. Roundup the Monsanto trade name has a surfactant in it that is also an issue. Glyphosate is an endocrine disrupter. The thyroid is a part of the endocrine system. Glyphosate is easily found in the food chain. It also destroys proteins. The EU has banned it, though it is still used in Ukraine to a large extent though it is against the law as well. Top that off with that roundup is used in conjunction with gmo grain which destroys the intestines of pests. Go back to the 90s and look at photos/videos of the general population. The contrast is shocking. Obesity is a complex issue, but there are studies that do show gmo and glyphosate impact health and one area is in obesity. Roundup use exploded in popularity as it make farming so much easier. It's used in both corn and soybeans, but primarily soybeans which is the crop that is most directly used for human consumption. Corn is about 1/3 ethanol and a large amount goes to feeding livestock. Guarantee a test if done would show you have glyphosate in your body. Even organic crops are getting contaminated.

Glyphosate is still used in the US. Roundup like many vaccines is not protected and there are many generic versions which decreased Monsanto's profits. Monsanto was facing billions of dollars in lawsuits in Europe and the US so they sold the rights to the Roundup trade name to Bayer. Bayer is stopping the home use of Roundup this year and say they are changing it both in this market and ag, but aren't saying what they are putting in it basically yet. The EPA fights for glyphosate quite hard in contrast to the European version.

Basically in both the rolling out of farm chemicals and gmo hybrids, the companies (which are basically pharma) appeal to EPA for an "emergency label" for some big impending threatening calamity use that bypasses extensive testing. GMO's were not really testing.

Rest assured, the ag chemical/seed industry is in part to blame for the reduction in the bee population and obesity. European corn borers that used to cover our windshields are gone except in wheat country (borers aren't native). Monarchs began reducing when GMOs/Roundup and now have made a slight comeback with more non-gmo crops being used (the soybeans with weeds). Mosquitos are disappearing. Some are saying great, but this is a sign of a major problem.

The US Govt isn't going to help much with regulation, but the pocketbook is. Back in the 90s some started being concerned with reductions in earth worm populations in farm fields. It has been very detrimental. The use of insectide was the main issue. Now trying to preserve earthworm populations is generally mainstream.

The issue with glyphosate is that contact through skin and breathing can cause cancer. Roundup the Monsanto trade name has a surfactant in it that is also an issue. Glyphosate is an endocrine disrupter. The thyroid is a part of the endocrine system. Glyphosate is easily found in the food chain. It also destroys proteins. The EU has banned it, though it is still used in Ukraine to a large extent though it is against the law as well. Top that off with that roundup is used in conjunction with gmo grain which destroys the intestines of pests. Go back to the 90s and look at photos/videos of the general population. The contrast is shocking. Obesity is a complex issue, but there are studies that do show gmo and glyphosate impact health and one area is in obesity. Roundup use exploded in popularity as it make farming so much easier. It's used in both corn and soybeans, but primarily soybeans which is the crop that is most directly used for human consumption. Corn is about 1/3 ethanol and a large amount goes to feeding livestock. Guarantee a test if done would show you have glyphosate in your body. Even organic crops are getting contaminated.

Glyphosate is still used in the US. Roundup like many vaccines is not protected and there are many generic versions which decreased Monsanto's profits. Monsanto was facing billions of dollars in lawsuits in Europe and the US so they sold the rights to the Roundup trade name to Bayer. Bayer is stopping the home use of Roundup this year and say they are changing it both in this market and ag, but aren't saying what they are putting in it basically yet. The EPA fights for glyphosate quite hard in contrast to the European version.

Basically in both the rolling out of farm chemicals and gmo hybrids, the companies (which are basically pharma) appeal to EPA for an "emergency label" for some big impending threatening calamity use that bypasses extensive testing. GMO's were not really testing.

Rest assured, the ag chemical/seed industry is in part to blame for the reduction in the bee population and obesity. European corn borers that used to cover our windshields are gone except in wheat country (borers aren't native). Monarchs began reducing when GMOs/Roundup and now have made a slight comeback with more non-gmo crops being used (the soybeans with weeds). Mosquitos are disappearing. Some are saying great, but this is a sign of a major problem.

The US Govt isn't going to help much with regulation, but the pocketbook is. Back in the 90s some started being concerned with reductions in earth worm populations in farm fields. It has been very detrimental. The use of insectide was the main issue. Now trying to preserve earthworm populations is generally mainstream.
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time in that large post. I couldn't stop reading. So, if I wanted to get Roundup to spray around my residential yard, I couldn't now or won't be e able to soon? I'd be fine with that.

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time in that large post. I couldn't stop reading. So, if I wanted to get Roundup to spray around my residential yard, I couldn't now or won't be e able to soon? I'd be fine with that.
Or there will be a close cousin.