Fitz In The Pitz

I know this will hit close to home, but to me, the longer someone stays at a school, the more weird and shitty culture they produce. I just think of Paterno, or what happened at Iowa, now with NW. Keeping someone in power for that long almost like a king or some shit really opens itself up to fucking weird behavior that isn't normal to anyone else on the outside of said kingdom.
While I see where your coming from with this comment I think there's a major difference between what is being considered weird and shitty. Not taking a shot at Iowa here or letting go of what happened within our own program, but I don't think it's even remotely comparable to what happened at PSU or what may be going on at NW.

I know this will hit close to home, but to me, the longer someone stays at a school, the more weird and shitty culture they produce. I just think of Paterno, or what happened at Iowa, now with NW. Keeping someone in power for that long almost like a king or some shit really opens itself up to fucking weird behavior that isn't normal to anyone else on the outside of said kingdom.

Nonsense. Dan Gable was at Iowa forever and nothing bad happened under his tutelage. It just depends on the top man. Ferentz is cut from a different mold. And besides, the program is so flush with cash now that my guess is the truly big blue blood programs have compliance dorks watching major interactions among the teams now just to ensure there isn't a bunch of grabass being played. It's just that Northwestern ain't got the athletic department cash to post up a bunch of superfluous bodies to snitch out bullying and to try to run off guys who look like they're about to crack.

One instance, in particular, makes me feel pretty decent about Ol' Ball Coach. Kyle "Bonecrusher" Williams. Bonecrusher was I believe our last 5 star recruit on defense, Ol' Ball Coach met him his first or second day on campus and told him to get the fvck out. In comes Joe Tiller, brings Bonecrusher into West Lafayette. I don't want to recount Bonecrusher's multi-state crime spree, but that event made me really trust KF's judgment.

I'm sure it'll come out soon enough. If the team is split 98% to 2% against the accusers they won't be able to stay anonymous very easily I wouldn't think. Not that it is I have no clue. This whole thing will just be interesting to see play out and how fast does it.

There's the angle of what'd the school all know and when of course too. If they sat on this and tried to brush it under the rug or not. Not sure how transparent they have to be since they are private and all that. That two week suspension was a joke though if say Fitz should be held responsible that's for sure...
The 2 week suspension would seem to be the standard CYA move. You can't fire the guy without thorough examination of the accusations and facts. But you've at least removed him from contact with students as a "precaution". They're covered either way.

The 2 week suspension would seem to be the standard CYA move. You can't fire the guy without thorough examination of the accusations and facts. But you've at least removed him from contact with students as a "precaution". They're covered either way.
Again it just depends... It could fall in-between way too light if any of the allegations are true to not necessary at all if they aren't. How school proceeds will be as interesting as the facts as they get sorted out

Chicago Sun Times very critical. Wants Fitz's head. Doesn't care what he knew. Says he should have known.

It is totally beyond comprehension that a bunch of players would participate in such disgusting behavior. Part of me says, “This never happened. It’s a massive joke played on all of us.”

I think this shit happens more than we would like to believe. I've heard of reports on a women's team at a small Iowa college going thru some hazing. Part of it was players undressing. That's all I'll say.

I think this shit happens more than we would like to believe. I've heard of reports on a women's team at a small Iowa college going thru some hazing. Part of it was players undressing. That's all I'll say.

I saw a movie on Skinemax with a plot like this back in the '80's. Reform School Girls was the movie in case anyone wants to research it.

I get Freshman rites of passage...like running (the real kind) or having to sing your fight song in front of the team, clean up the trays at training table...that's pretty harmless.

But what's with the sexual stuff? FFS

I get Freshman rites of passage...like running (the real kind) or having to sing your fight song in front of the team, clean up the trays at training table...that's pretty harmless.

But what's with the sexual stuff? FFS

Yea, I don't get it. Also, these coaches know they are going to be in deep shit if found out. I don't get the undressing and humping stuff, etc.. It must be a young thing. Weird.

Chicago Sun Times very critical. Wants Fitz's head. Doesn't care what he knew. Says he should have known.
Fitz knew. Like many emperors he always says or insinuates that the buck stops with him. That certainly applies here and that's not good for Fitz.

You know who it is good for? Burp Biliema. He already has his Illinois program on the rise and this has to help his recruiting. It may help Iowa’s a little bit as well.

Makes one wonder what really happened and the circumstances
leading up to the incident

Wonder if one of the players lives an alternative lifestyle

Perhaps has a perm every week and wears colorful lipstick

Perhaps the pressure is getting to FItz after so many years

And his attitude certainly begs for voluntary retirement

Later on, Fitz

Wow, that went from breaking news to game over pretty fast. One can only wonder what kind of statement he's going to make...or rather, his lawyer.

You have to wonder what the leadership at Northwestern was thinking when they announced a two week suspension on Friday. They obviously didn't read the situation very well. What a quick turnaround and it doesn't reflect very well on them either.

Couple things…

1) Why does Northwestern even have sports?

B) This might be the end of the program at a place like that. It’s a bunch of rich kid lawyers and writers. Let’s be honest, no one gives a shit about sports at that school.

3) I’m glad I didn’t buy Wrigley tickets

4) Chances their new stadium still happens now?

Latest posts