Fire Kirk

I will also say, this was beyond embarrassing. Sure, losing to them was a possiblity, but being non-competive....outside of a few sacks and a terrific punter....it does not give much confidence for the future moving forward.

Even the annoucement of new OC....after seeing this mess....it is going to take the luster off of that. It goes beyond the OC. Serious talent issues as well.
Well if the new OC is a kirk disciple then it will be more of the same old same ole.

Ball control, conservative play calling and sitting out of the big playoff games at the end of the year.

Tell me what Kirk has shown that indicates any desire or hunger to improve upon more than just taking his lunch pale to work and just putting in his time like any factory worker. I have watched this mentality for years. Three damn years of shit offense and what has he done that indicates even the smallest of pulses to show an appetite or hunger for more? This isn’t just a Brian issue. As Fryowa has said nothing will change until Kirk moves on or shows a desire to do more than punch a clock.

I have said I am ok with Kirk staying as long as he shows adaption or effort to change things up to give some hope of improvement. That’s not just spending money and bringing a player in here or there but a change of offensive philosophy.

Good god man, Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, Washington, UCLA, (IOWA or Wisconsin) Purdue, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana. That’s close to how I would rank them.

Finishing 7th, 8th, or 9th every year what’s that do for you? No more so called conference championship games…………. total bullshit. Not even a competant realistic chance in those pretended championships games. The West is dead and the gig is up.

Alabama goes down as I type this. Now listening to a You Tube with Don Patterson and a couple of other guys. It’s been a long, long, long time sinice we had a mind on the offensive side of the ball like Don’s.

Last edited:
Not saying up tempo like TN, but show some urgency. With Marco and his running threat alone, this means Iowa is more up tempo than they are with Hill standing his butt in the pocket unable to move.

TODAY:

Hill QB rating .5
Marco QB rating 68.5

Stating something very obvious to all expect KF and BF, but this stat shows Marco deserved a shot during the regular season.
How does any competent coach believe a QB with a rating of .5 is the best chance to win?

Thank You Mr. Barta.

I read the article. That 42 mil was a buyout after 2022 so it is a bit less once you subtract this year. Should be $35 mil now.
I hear you, but Iowa isn’t really interested in “competing” beyond being invited to the outback bowl. They aren’t paying any buyout unless kirk embarrasses them and I’m not talking about losing the citrus bowl or having a bad offense

Well if the new OC is a kirk disciple then it will be more of the same old same ole.

Ball control, conservative play calling and sitting out of the big playoff games at the end of the year.

Tell me what Kirk has shown that indicates any desire or hunger to improve upon more than just taking his lunch pale to work and just putting in his time like any factory worker. I have watched this mentality for years. Three damn years of shit offense and what has he done that indicates even the smallest of pulses to show an appetite or hunger for more? This isn’t just a Brian issue. As Fryowa has said nothing will change until Kirk moves on or shows a desire to do more than punch a clock.

I have said I am ok with Kirk staying as long as he shows adaption or effort to change things up to give some hope of improvement. That’s not just spending money and bringing a player in here or there but a change of offensive philosophy.

Good god man, Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Penn State, Washington, UCLA, (IOWA or Wisconsin) Purdue, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana. That’s close to how I would rank them.

Finishing 7th, 8th, or 9th every year what’s that do for you? No more so called conference championship games…………. total bullshit. Not even a competant realistic chance in those pretended championships games. The West is dead and the gig is up.

Alabama goes down as I type this. Now listening to a You Tube with Don Patterson and a couple of other guys. It’s been a long, long, long time sinice we had a mind on the offensive side of the ball like Don’s.
I'm still kind of shocked at Michigan winning that game. I thought Bama would roll them.....but give Michigan credit...they....I think they wanted it more in the end. Saban playcalling could have been right out of the Brian Ferentz playbook on the last few calls.

Last edited:
I'm still kind of shocked at Michigan winning that game. I thought Bama would roll them.....but give Michigan credit...they....I think they wanted it more in the end. Saban playcalling could have been right out of the Brian Ferentz playbook on this last few calls.
Can’t understand the last call. Have to do a QB rollout option. Roll out and cut up toward towards the goal line or pass it. I hate Bama and Michigan but hate Bama more.

Happy New Year, everybody!!! May I start my Larry Downer post by saying, "the renown Iowa defense?", really, they looked like someone poured cement in their sneakers, speed kills and we ain't got it. Oh, aren't you all just dying to see Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA, over the next four years, will not even get into the offense, the good news is egotistical turd is officially off the side lines now, however, the big, outdated turd still exists. Oh, did mention have a great 2024!!!!
There's no doubt that Parker is going to have to change up Iowa's defensive schemes to also keep pace with the 'hurry up', spread offenses coming to town. Iowa has played lots of 'spread' teams over the years -- Purdue being the most noteworthy -- but none of those Purdue QBs could run. It's a different world out there vs elite teams. There's been a lot of talk about Iowa lack of offensive points (93-0), but the defense was not that great either in those games vs ranked teams -- giving up 31, 26, and 35.
Even Michigan's defense today had their greatest success vs Alabama when they blitzed.
Parker is gonna have to up his game.

There's no doubt that Parker is going to have to change up Iowa's defensive schemes to also keep pace with the 'hurry up', spread offenses coming to town. Iowa has played lots of 'spread' teams over the years -- Purdue being the most noteworthy -- but none of those Purdue QBs could run. It's a different world out there vs elite teams. There's been a lot of talk about Iowa lack of offensive points (93-0), but the defense was not that great either in those games vs ranked teams -- giving up 31, 26, and 35.
Even Michigan's defense today had their greatest success vs Alabama when they blitzed.
Parker is gonna have to up his game.
I get what you are saying, but since our O has been a joke, the pressure on our D, in addition to the number of snaps they have to endure, really impacts the D’s success in big games. Yet, they beat Michigan up like no one else. Yeah. Parker’s D struggles the most when they face QB’s who can run, or hurry up O’s. More often than not, he seems to make second half adjustments that bring success, often through timely blitz schemes. He is still the best in the business.

1704171988714.png

Old Women: "Get a Big, Competent Offensive Line....and do whatever you want.....with that new offensive coordinator."

Last edited:
Can’t understand the last call. Have to do a QB rollout option. Roll out and cut up toward towards the goal line or pass it. I hate Bama and Michigan but hate Bama more.
Play was blown up by a low snap. Was supposed to be thrown to the back in motion on bottom of screen that was wide open

There are some KF butt kissers on this board whose heads would explode if they listen to this and read the comments.
I think we need to clean house bring in new coaches it’s not all about Xs & Os we need to bring in new young coaches just for recruiting the talent difference between us & Tennesssee was very noticeable & like Kirk always was saying we’re just little old Iowa we’ll that’s BS with his style of outdated football your not going to get some of the better talent he is the elephant in the room he’s had people bullshited for years $$$$$

Yep, you're pretty much spot on in your ranking going forward with the new big alignment, this comment may have flames coming out of my screen, Nebraska going forward may be higher than you think on the pecking order you described, they seem to be not f___Ing around with their recruitment lately and they have a coach that doesn't read out of a 19th Century playbook, just sayin.