Fire Kirk

Three good teams three embarrassing losses on a national stage. Shut out all three games.

Even worse with over a month to prepare for this game.

It sad to see a former player that we all once cheered for to have to go through this.

I know some of you will say that $800,000 you would happily be embarrassed for three years in a row. A point well taken.

Yep. These things don’t usually end well. It’s been a great ride and he has taken us to some great places. But he has not evolved with the times and therefore he has to go.

Too make matters worse the top rumor is that we may be getting a former Wisconsin coach as the offensive coordinator.

I think we have seen enough of the Wisconsin hand me downs in deek.

I will also say, this was beyond embarrassing. Sure, losing to them was a possiblity, but being non-competive....outside of a few sacks and a terrific punter....it does not give much confidence for the future moving forward.

Even the annoucement of new OC....after seeing this mess....it is going to take the luster off of that. It goes beyond the OC. Serious talent issues as well.

KF has embarrassed Iowa football and college football today. The game passed him by some years ago and today is the final nail in the coffin that proves it.

Love it or hate it, up tempo is the way to play the game.

Either change as a coach or retire and GTFO of the game.
Going up tempo is not necessarily the way to go. However, KF keeps talking about “complimentary football”. THIS is not complimentary football. You have to at least be able put yourself into situations to score points or at least be able to keep drives alive. Going three and out more often than not or turning the ball over multiple times is not how I would define “complimentary football”.

Happy New Year, everybody!!! May I start my Larry Downer post by saying, "the renown Iowa defense?", really, they looked like someone poured cement in their sneakers, speed kills and we ain't got it. Oh, aren't you all just dying to see Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA, over the next four years, will not even get into the offense, the good news is egotistical turd is officially off the side lines now, however, the big, outdated turd still exists. Oh, did mention have a great 2024!!!!

Happy New Year, everybody!!! May I start my Larry Downer post by saying, "the renown Iowa defense?", really, they looked like someone poured cement in their sneakers, speed kills and we ain't got it. Oh, aren't you all just dying to see Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA, over the next four years, will not even get into the offense, the good news is egotistical turd is officially off the side lines now, however, the big, outdated turd still exists. Oh, did mention have a great 2024!!!!

Can you guys win the Big12 next year?

If they don't call back the punt return against Minnesota, we would have gone 11-3 with three shutouts. That's crazy.

Can you guys win the Big12 next year?
What the hell is the Big 12, never heard of them, you need to worry about the Big whatever, in which Iowa will be doing good at 9th, please don't do the dumb, fu______ing, default position on here that everyone is a Cy fan trolling, fu___Ing Dah, boring, if that's the case.

As long as everyone accepts the fact that Kirk or no Kirk the new landscape starting next year is not going to make you feel any better. Do we want to be more competitive on offense? Yes of course. But reality is 8 win seasons will be the norm and no chance of sniffing a Big championship. That goes for a hundred and twenty to twenty five teams in the same position. Kirk blew it this year and last year with no offense in back to back championship games to have given us a little feel good glory. In reality the last five years is what he's going to be haunted by for his stubborn decisions. IOWA will become a stepping stone for an up and becoming coach to resume build on unless he has the desire of just holding the line and contentment.

Going up tempo is not necessarily the way to go. However, KF keeps talking about “complimentary football”. THIS is not complimentary football. You have to at least be able put yourself into situations to score points or at least be able to keep drives alive. Going three and out more often than not or turning the ball over multiple times is not how I would define “complimentary football”.
Not saying up tempo like TN, but show some urgency. With Marco and his running threat alone, this means Iowa is more up tempo than they are with Hill standing his butt in the pocket unable to move.

TODAY:

Hill QB rating .5
Marco QB rating 68.5

Stating something very obvious to all expect KF and BF, but this stat shows Marco deserved a shot during the regular season.

I'm not there with firing, but Kirk just got a little closer to me with how I feel about Fran.....if both retired....it is not the end of the world.

I think it will work itself out. Both Fran and Kirk probably are not here beyond 2 years.
Their respective buyouts say otherwise

Is there a rich Iowa graduate who's a billionaire that's willing to pony up $42 million for the buyout. That's my hope although I won't hold my breath. I'd even take any billionaire that's willing to donate $42 million for the buyout just for the tax deduction.

I would also like to think some big money donors may be considering having a come to jesus meeting with BG about this mess they call Iowa football. Outside of Iowa for sure and probably inside the state, Iowa football is being laughed at in a big way.

One can always hope and dream.

As long as everyone accepts the fact that Kirk or no Kirk the new landscape starting next year is not going to make you feel any better. Do we want to be more competitive on offense? Yes of course. But reality is 8 win seasons will be the norm and no chance of sniffing a Big championship. That goes for a hundred and twenty to twenty five teams in the same position. Kirk blew it this year and last year with no offense in back to back championship games to have given us a little feel good glory. In reality the last five years is what he's going to be haunted by for his stubborn decisions. IOWA will become a stepping stone for an up and becoming coach to resume build on unless he has the desire of just holding the line and contentment.
Steppingstone, I agree, two coaches in the last 500 years (not really, seems like it), wouldn't mind seeing a young gun slinger come in and get some blood flowing again in the Iowa fan base.

Their respective buyouts say otherwise
Thank You Mr. Barta.
Is there a rich Iowa graduate who's a billionaire that's willing to pony up $42 million for the buyout. That's my hope although I won't hold my breath. I'd even take any billionaire that's willing to donate $42 million for the buyout just for the tax deduction.

I would also like to think some big money donors may be considering having a come to jesus meeting with BG about this mess they call Iowa football. Outside of Iowa for sure and probably inside the state, Iowa football is being laughed at in a big way.

One can always hope and dream.
I read the article. That 42 mil was a buyout after 2022 so it is a bit less once you subtract this year. Should be $35 mil now.

Latest posts