Ferentz Supporters Enter Here

Some of this sounds pretty personal. If it gets to where we hate someone because our own little world is unhappy on account of a football team losing, then its time us to think twice, step back and get a life.

I find it extremely difficult to find fault with this post....

:rolleyes:

Oh, I definitely support Kirk Ferentz.
10 winning seasons.
Upteeen NFL Players
A BCS BOWL WIN
2 ORANGE BOWLS
Countless January Bowl games
Integrity

Yeah, I don't really support not supporting THE IOWA HAWKEYES, as the
OP appears to be doing, here.
GO FRIGGIN HAWKS

How easy it is to forget. This season still has to be played and the possibility of improvement is there. We are 2-1, and many of Kirk's teams improve as the season progresses. In-State Games are usually a toss up, even against UNI, we won a tough game against them with a very inexperienced defensive secondary. The Ball State game was a tough one that I thought was over before one of the better rallies we have ever had. We won the game. Iowa State has been a thorn in our side for years. This game means more to them than any bowl game. I am anxious to see what happens at Pitt. It will be a very tough game, but I am not giving up on the team. They are Hawkeyes and have Hawkeye Pride. The talent is there, hopefully it will manifest itself. I will watch and cheer for the Hawks all season, just as I have for Many years, ever since the Evy era, when few games were on TV, and I listened to them on WHO, same as I did with the basketball team with Don Nelson.....

The frustration is easy to understand, and also frustrates me, but I love the Hawkeyes, and will always support them. I also would like to see the offense open up, and not be so predictable. A little imagination would do wonders. The raw talent is there.....

Remember, we have never had scores of 4/5 star players starting and sitting on the bench as the traditional powers always do. We have done rather well over the years, all things considered.....

A win or even a very close, hard fought game at Pitt would help to right the ship, a win and we are 3-1, which would be a nice start....

:rolleyes:

Thank goodness he was told to leave then. Who else can take 2 years to get receivers not ready to run routes that don't get looked at anyway.

DJK, Marvin McNutt, Kevin Kasper, Ed Hinkel, Mo Brown all have in common?

I'll just give you the answer up front - they are KF era WRs who have current WR records, or had them only to be surpassed by another KF era WR.

Of the 9 categories of records - Receptions, Yards Gained, and Touchdowns by game, season and career, KF era WRs hold 8 of the 9 of them - I believe the only exception is Yards gained in a single game record - still held by Quinn Early. All the rest are held by KF era receivers.

I'm sure there is some logic as to why this is (meaning, to not give credit to KF by the 'naysayers'), but facts are facts - he is doing something right if he is surpassing records set by Fry - the offensive wizard....

DJK, Marvin McNutt, Kevin Kasper, Ed Hinkel, Mo Brown all have in common?

They all played receiver for Okeefe?

I have made it clear that the major issues on offense started with GD. Before you had a guy that was able to work within the conservative framework that Ferentz laid out. Now you have a moron who got run out of town at the most talent rich school in the history of college football brought it and he can't do it. McNutt and DJK played the majority of their career under Soup as well, was he the problem?

The offensive problems are a direct result of Ferentz and Davis not understanding at all how to work together, but they do it NICELY so they both think it is working.

My problems with Ferentz are that he used to be a guy that didn't coach like he knew it all. He was willing to adjust and make changes in the face of glaring weaknesses. Now he comes across as a guy who has seen and done it all so he will just do it his way regardless of how terrible the end result is. (see 2012 Vandy)

KF is the coach...I like KF (most days)... I like Hawkeye football (all days)...I just believe, for now, that it is time to move away from the GD Greg Davis experiment, and quickly (like this week...ok, see how Sat goes since it's Thurs already). Not sure who or what the issues are, but as it is now, they are not working. Lot of the season left to correct ourselves, and this weekend's game should be a good indicator. Just show us something!

Maybe I missed it, but who said they don't see that what they're doing on offense doesn't work. I certainly see it. It's AWFUL and should be changed immediately. It's just that some of us don't get on here and complain and bash those of us who try to stay optimistic about turning the season around. I don't support what the current staff is doing AT ALL... It sucks! But until the folks that actually make decisions about who coaches the Hawkeyes decide a change will be made, rather than a bunch of posters that have nothing better to do than to make literally thousands and thousands of posts thinking they somehow make a difference, I'm going to hope the current staff makes the needed changes and turns it around.

""The people lay down the conditions which the king is bound to fulfill. Hence they are bound to obedience only conditionally, namely, upon receiving the protection of just and lawful government…the power of the ruler is delegated by the people and continues only with their consent." -- Theodore Beza 1579

Those people are influenced by the popular opinion of the fans that provide a substantial portion of their revenue.

The fans indirectly pay the paycheck of Barta -- be it through television ratings and radio ratings, supporting advertisers, taxes, ticket sales, donations, or merchandising purchases. Their consent, as the source of funding, is paramount, and blind acceptance of the status quo, unyielding support of the coaches and teams, has nothing to do with fandom.

Throughout history, the governed get the government they deserve. This is far less serious than the election going on right now, but it is still a political (social) process wherein the power to coach the football team is granted by the following of the team by the fans.

The fanbase, in general, does not consent. Even Iowa State fans, like my father, think he needs to go. It's not just this board. Jon and the media won't say that yet, because their livelihoods depend on being invited to press conferences, getting access to coaches and players, etc; and because Iowa hasn't had a consistent meltdown on the field yet for a whole season. Many fans believe it is coming. To do so this year would be especially damning, because Iowa barely plays anyone in the top 50 of college football, let alone the top 25 or top 10, while our coach is the 9th best payed coach in college football, and our athletic department is the 11th highest in the country in revenue. Forgive me for thinking that performance should be commensurate to the resources available and spent.

KF is the coach...I like KF (most days)... I like Hawkeye football (all days)...I just believe, for now, that it is time to move away from the GD Greg Davis experiment, and quickly (like this week...ok, see how Sat goes since it's Thurs already). Not sure who or what the issues are, but as it is now, they are not working. Lot of the season left to correct ourselves, and this weekend's game should be a good indicator. Just show us something!

Dont hold your breath. Greg Davis sucks, but he has Ferentz's full faith and confidence which leads me to believe he is doing exactly as he is told. I dont see Ferentz ever going away from GD which is why I can no longer be a fan of Kurt.

Latest posts