Ferentz going after PSU players

Actually a bit of Ferentz/Silas Redd Chatter on twitter coming from Non-Iowa fans

We are the perfect destination for him if there is one. Lack of experienced depth, get to stay in the B1G and come to a team that likes to run and produces good RB's with good OL. Won't believe it until he steps foot on the playing field though.

In the past, I would have thought that Kirk would have zero interest in older players, but may be interested in a young guy. With the recent changes, maybe he will actually go after a guy like Silas Redd.

Silas Redd is not coming to Iowa.

That's fine to say that but were there any available? I don't really follow recruiting or anything like that so I don't know. If not though what was there to do? It's not like he can go after players on scholarship and beg them to leave their school.

My point on 2010 isn't that there were players available, only that I am not of the mindset that Iowa had the players and just underachieved. As soon as Gettis and MacMillan went down Iowa went into a tailspin.

Now, would there have been a JUCO guard that Iowa could have signed as depth in case one of the line starters went down? Maybe, but it is hard to tell in retrospect.

Now, I would say that they should have done something at LB. That spot was obviously thin and you could have promised a transfer that at least he would get ST reps and most likely game reps.

Iowa's best bet is to go after more than one. It will be easier to get someone to come if they have a friend coming with them.

But speaking of that, another factor could be ex-teammates of current PSU players. That one is harder to identify, but might be just as meaningful.

This has to be somewhat ackward for Ferentz. Both O'Brien and Ferentz are close to Bill Bellicek. And Brian F. was an assistant at New England last year with O'Brien.

Awesome tweet from a USC fan:

William L. Braude Jr ‏@WBraudeJr
If I was Silas Redd, I'd be out of state college ASAP and on the next flight to SoCal. No point in playing if you cant win a championship.

Latest posts