Ferentz going after PSU players

Just heard on Mike and Mike that he called Bill O'Brian to let him know he is going to recruit current PSU players.
Whoops! Now everyone that said we had too much class to go after these guys will have to spin something new to make it sound like we are superior to other programs in how we do things. I guess the factt hat we waited two days instead of one is something those people can hang their hats on, right?

Whoops! Now everyone that said we had too much class to go after these guys will have to spin something new to make it sound like we are superior to other programs in how we do things. I guess the factt hat we waited two days instead of one is something those people can hang their hats on, right?

When the coach of said team holds you up as doing the classy thing, that is enough for me.

Who said that? The people saying we wouldn't go after them were mostly people ******** about Ferentz.

Kirk's seems very loyal, almost to a fault but it doesn't surprise me personally that he is doing this. He's not as dumb as some think. Always thought he had a media persona and that he acted differently behind the scenes.

That doesn't really address the fact that Iowa has not take advantage of alternate methods of filling obvious holes through alternate methods during KF's tenure. Good teams supplement via transfers from both D1 and college. Kirk has kept up with guys who failed out of Iowa or didn't qualify in the first place, but hasn't had a record of finding other players and it has hurt the team's success.

That doesn't really address the fact that Iowa has not take advantage of alternate methods of filling obvious holes through alternate methods during KF's tenure. Good teams supplement via transfers from both D1 and college. Kirk has kept up with guys who failed out of Iowa or didn't qualify in the first place, but hasn't had a record of finding other players and it has hurt the team's success.

I understand the sentiment but has it thought? Iowa's problem in the past few years hasn't seemed to be the talent because we get guys into the NFL (our team two years ago was a Big Ten Champion/National Champion contender on paper to some people). It's been winning with said talent that's been an issue.

I suppose the talent has been thinner the last two years though and I could agree with the lack of transfers being an issue there.

This is an unchartered area for recruiting. Do we have any scholarships to offer the PSU recruits or are we expecting them to walk on here? Everyone is talking about getting some Dlinemen and a RB, but we need to have the open spot here to plug them in. I would love to see it happen, but how many spots do we have open we can plug a guy in? How much money do I have in my pocket before I go shopping?

This is an unchartered area for recruiting. Do we have any scholarships to offer the PSU recruits or are we expecting them to walk on here? Everyone is talking about getting some Dlinemen and a RB, but we need to have the open spot here to plug them in. I would love to see it happen, but how many spots do we have open we can plug a guy in? How much money do I have in my pocket before I go shopping?

you can go over your scholarship limits for this season, it would only become an issue for next year, where we've got at least 4 openings currently.

Schools get to make a one year exception to the scholarship limit if they take PSU players according to NCAA.

BCL: Having to play a true frosh at MLB and other guys at LB spots who were not ready or good enough and a fifth year walk-on at guard killed the 2010 season.

I just didnt think KF had it in him. But at the same time, I was hoping all this no talk outta Iowa city till now was that he was working on it while not saying anything. Now make us even more happy kirk and get some starters!!! :)

After reading threads regarding this topic over the past couple days I've come to the conclusion that there are several posters who will complain about anything regarding Ferentz. Cough cough CARRHawk... Cough cough THawk...

First he won't reach out to them and he sucks for that, now it's he didn't do it quick enough when you really have no idea what the timeline has been. Par for the course.

You need to think about the kids. Is it disrespectful to give a kid a chance to play in a bowl game? These commits and players were promissed things that are now not even an option for them. If they want to leave they have all the right in the world and if they want to come to Iowa, I'm perfectly fine with that.

BCL: Having to play a true frosh at MLB and other guys at LB spots who were not ready or good enough and a fifth year walk-on at guard killed the 2010 season.

That's fine to say that but were there any available? I don't really follow recruiting or anything like that so I don't know. If not though what was there to do? It's not like he can go after players on scholarship and beg them to leave their school.

Latest posts