FBI Trial

Excellent post.
The lack of a level playing field is the basis of why I cut FM some slack.

Even if he is clean, the bench coaching is still lacking. Raving lunatics don't get this generation to just come to them unless you have a strong reason to be at Iowa.

So they indict Asst. Coaches who make crap for money...the Head guys Pitino, Self, Calipari, Einfeld, get nada?! You talk about the most hippocritical crap this is it. I'm guessing UNC, Kentucky, Flodida when Donovan was there (ala student of Pitino). The fact that Nike hasn't been rolled into this yet might be coincidence or a joke. In any event until a SCHOOL is held accountable instead of being called the victim in all this SSDD.

Will Wade discussing offer with middleman on wiretap.
See ya in the G League Will.

Nope. They are a top 10 team and going to make noise in the NCAA tournament. The fans will all be cheering, the money will be rolling in. The story will die down. The NCAA will conduct a sham investigation.

THEY.....DO.....NOT.....CARE

If we have to cheat to win I would rather not win. It’s not worth it to me personally.

I agree. Just the logic of saying you cheat and win means you only won because you cheated. Therefore you are a loser. I think we should play fair.

Funny how there is so much cheating and lying and not taking responsibility in much of sports, politics, business and financial institutions, basically much of our lives. It literally is very true that the good people who play by the rules in life many times just get run over and left there with tread marks on their backs.

Will Wade discussing offer with middleman on wiretap.
See ya in the G League Will.

This is great stuff, and a real window into what college basketball is all about:

According to people familiar with the calls, Wade was frustrated with a handler of current LSU guard Javonte Smart, who was then a top-50 recruit from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"I was thinking last night on this Smart thing," Wade told Dawkins during one of the calls. "I'll be honest with you, I'm [expletive] tired of dealing with the thing. Like I'm just [expletive] sick of dealing with the s---. Like, this should not be that [expletive] complicated.

"Dude," Wade continued during the call, "I went to [the handler] with a [expletive] strong-ass offer about a month ago. [Expletive] strong.

"The problem was, I know why he didn't take it now. It was [expletive] tilted toward the family a little bit. It was tilted toward taking care of the mom, taking care of the kid. Like it was tilted towards that. Now I know for a fact he didn't explain everything to the mom. I know now, he didn't get enough of the piece of the pie in the deal."

"It was a [expletive] hell of a [expletive] offer," Wade continued. "Hell of an offer. ... Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid."

In a different telephone call with Dawkins, Wade joked that the player would be compensated more than the "rookie minimum."

Wade told Dawkins that he had made deals for "as good of players as him" that were "a lot simpler than this."
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...72/sources-lsu-coach-wiretap-discussing-offer

If we have to cheat to win I would rather not win. It’s not worth it to me personally.

Strawman. No one is suggesting we cheat. Bringing this up is just a fan signaling that losing with honor is somehow a win. Reminds me of republicans. You'll never meet a group more determined to lose to prove an inane point.

Well, that didn’t take long.

Based on defense testimony, there are more schools and coaches that are going to get named.

Sometimes it’s ok to just struggle on the floor.

Strawman. No one is suggesting we cheat. Bringing this up is just a fan signaling that losing with honor is somehow a win. Reminds me of republicans. You'll never meet a group more determined to lose to prove an inane point.
Very disappointed. You spent 11 days drafting this post? My response took 90 seconds.

I was kind of surprised by the suspension, it seems like equally damning info on Miller from Arizona was leaked, and Arizona/Miller went into denial mode and nothing ever came of it (the story was later refuted). I assumed the LSU case would be the same, but maybe the fact that direct quotes were leaked made it harder to ignore (much like the NFL can ignore assault cases until the video goes public, and then they have to react). Anyway, surprised at the suspension, but I respect the decision even if it was forced upon them.

But did you see that the LSU crowd was chanting, "F__k Alleva!" (Alleva is their AD), "Free Will Wade!" and "Free Javonte!" (Javonte Smart is the player who got paid and is also currently suspended)?

Not real high standards for the attending fans down in Baton Rouge. I guess maybe they are just realists when it comes to college BB and they realize their coach was just playing the game (at this point it seems like everybody is in on the scam).

I was kind of surprised by the suspension, it seems like equally damning info on Miller from Arizona was leaked, and Arizona/Miller went into denial mode and nothing ever came of it (the story was later refuted). I assumed the LSU case would be the same, but maybe the fact that direct quotes were leaked made it harder to ignore (much like the NFL can ignore assault cases until the video goes public, and then they have to react). Anyway, surprised at the suspension, but I respect the decision even if it was forced upon them.

But did you see that the LSU crowd was chanting, "F__k Alleva!" (Alleva is their AD), "Free Will Wade!" and "Free Javonte!" (Javonte Smart is the player who got paid and is also currently suspended)?

Not real high standards for the attending fans down in Baton Rouge. I guess maybe they are just realists when it comes to college BB and they realize their coach was just playing the game (at this point it seems like everybody is in on the scam).

Latest posts