FBI Trial

SidFarkas

A not level playing surface for teams named Iowa.
This thing is gonna get real ugly.
Maryland and Oregon shoe alumni schools dragged nicely in the slime.

Go Hawks

This is a federal investigation.
The NCAA is on the sidelines as an organization waiting to get lit up during these trials.
The individuals charged will end up singing like a Jayhawk to save their own skin.

This is a federal investigation.
The NCAA is on the sidelines as an organization waiting to get lit up during these trials.
The individuals charged will end up singing like a Jayhawk to save their own skin.
True. But it will still have no effect on these schools. Unless the Federal govt decides to come in and take control away from the NCAA. Which I don't see happening.

Whaddya think I'm payin' you all this gol dern money for???!!!

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Texas and Crieghton $100k mentioned in today’s testimony for the Brian Bowen Jr sweepstakes.
It will be interesting to see what the NCAA will look like when the feds conclude...this thing has a long way to go.
Despite not teaching D, really glad that Fran is Coach.

A while back the standing joke was "What? Kentucky had some NCAA violations? Really? Time to crack down on Morehead State!"

Texas and Crieghton $100k mentioned in today’s testimony for the Brian Bowen Jr sweepstakes.
It will be interesting to see what the NCAA will look like when the feds conclude...this thing has a long way to go.
Despite not teaching D, really glad that Fran is Coach.
Every D-1 program that wins, is cheating in some fashion. Only an idiot would try to compete in the NCAA basketball world by doing things above board.

Honestly, its rampant but only an idiot thinks "everyone" is doing it too. Both statements can be true. There are likely just as many coaches still trying to do things above board. I'm confident in that. At the same time, college hoops is so broken and now obviously unfair as far as level playing field (what is fair in today's current college sports landscape?) that I think the whole thing needs re-evaluated and fixed... it's just too big of a job for the NCAA to over see and they likely don't want to hurt their pockets enough to do it.

Last edited:
Honestly, its rampant but only an idiot thinks "everyone" is doing it too. Both statements can be true. There are likely just as many coaches still trying to do things above board. I'm confident in that. At the same time, college hoops is so broken and now obviously unfair as far as level playing field (what is fair in today's current college sports landscape?) that I think the whole thing needs re-evaluated and fixed... it's just too big of a job for the NCAA to over see and they likely don't want to hurt their pockets enough to do it.
Excellent post.
The lack of a level playing field is the basis of why I cut FM some slack.

I totally get the level playing field argument, but at the same time to be successful a program must adapt. I'm not saying cheating is ever ok, but I believe in the mentality of playing the game to the level of the officiating. Everyone knows the rules but at the same time knows that if it's not being called (enforced) your putting yourself at a strategic disadvantage by continuing to play within those rules not being implemented. While I respect a clean program I also respect winning and feel that based on the current state of the NCAA were doing ourselves absolutely no favors by "playing by the rules" that so many other programs are refusing to abide by.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...es-offering-cash-improper-benefits-son-attend

Okay, probably not a surprise to many, but I was pretty shocked to see a smaller program like Creighton involved in the bidding ($100,000!). Also, extensive pay-for-play at the AAU (not totally surprising) and even high school level (wow!)
Me too.. That's the school that sticks out... They've been as solid of a 'mid major' hoops program as their is for awhile and to that I guess we find out it's no coincidence...

Not every kid on every team is getting shoe boxes full of cash. That's where this is messy. Some are. How many and which all schools are doing it is the 64k question... I honestly feel Fran hasn't been doing it. That may be to his and our programs detriment on the floor to a degree but hey if he's been clean then I only admire him more. I mean just look at how some of the schools that are neck deep in allegations are doing? Even with all this 'bad' publicity they are still killing it on the recruiting trails. So how do you fix the Titanic in the middle of the ocean with only a roll of duct tape?...

Me too.. That's the school that sticks out... They've been as solid of a 'mid major' hoops program as their is for awhile and to that I guess we find out it's no coincidence...

Not every kid on every team is getting shoe boxes full of cash. That's where this is messy. Some are. How many and which all schools are doing it is the 64k question... I honestly feel Fran hasn't been doing it. That may be to his and our programs detriment on the floor to a degree but hey if he's been clean then I only admire him more. I mean just look at how some of the schools that are neck deep in allegations are doing? Even with all this 'bad' publicity they are still killing it on the recruiting trails. So how do you fix the Titanic in the middle of the ocean with only a roll of duct tape?...
The only way this gets fixed is if the Feds come in and remove the NCAA from authority.

I just sent the Iowa AG an email requesting an investigation for charges against Nike/Adidas/Under Armor for conspiracy to defraud or some civil penalty under consumer protections for Iowans. One way to stop this nonsense is to hit these shoe companies with huge financial lawsuits. I'll let you guys know what response I get. If any.

The only way this gets fixed is if the Feds come in and remove the NCAA from authority.
Probably yup. The NCAA has no incentive to police themselves to that degree because that'd destroy their bottom line. Hell it might be we come to find out that if the FBI got involved to that extent that the NCAA is complicit in some way to some extent of allowing it to go on and looking the other way. Can't be ruled out at this point shit. These shoe companies are throwing around an obsurd amount of $ anythings possible in the dirty money world this is.

If the NCAA were clean I'm sure they are glad to poke at a Louisville or the occasional individual program here and there when it's obvious as all get out. But to do what needs to be done they neither have the man power or incentive to do it. regardless...

The NCAA has zero once incentive to punish programs in the moment. When they actually punish someone, ahem USC, it is well after the fact. Otherwise, they just give a coach who has left the program a 'show cause' and that is about it. It is no wonder players can rape women and the AD or coach has control of the investigation, cough, cough Sparty, but the NCAA preach ethics. However, ethics only matter when they infringe upon profit, so you see Morehead St or Boise St get charged with lack of institutional control. The NCAA needs to be the governing body that put SMU on the death penalty and drop the hammer more than a few times and work with the law agencies to clean up the entire system.

Latest posts