@ "Fans" who left the game early

I know, I am ashamed that I didn't even go to the game or watch the game . All that noises in stadium would make me deaf. Wait what ? I am already deef!

The main thing I don't like about fans leaving early is how the outside world portrays us as a fan base for it. On TV they made it a point to show and talk about the fans leaving. That saddens me. It can be used against us in recruiting and as how we are looked at as a loyal fan base. How loyal of a fan base are we in that we don't think we can win a winable game? This is just me. But when I pay to go to the game I go planning on seeing them till the end win lose or draw. Now others have the right to do what they want. Just too bad that other recruits and fan bases will see that and can use that against us....

Fans leaving early happens to every team, not sure why you think it is such a big deal.

I hardly think any opposing coach is going to be showing potential Iowa recruits film of fans leaving the Ball State game early.

Lucky for your dog, Iowa ended up winning. I'm sure you would have beat the hell out of the poor thing if the Hawks didn't pull it off.

You really get that worked up over a football game? You sound like a great role model for your kids.

Ma yelling at the coaches and the old man cussin' up a storm.

I beat that dumb dog regardless :eek:

it's great you are an enthusiastic fan, but beyond that you can fvck off

We stayed until KF called for punt with 7 min left. My kids were bored, my wife was yelling at the crappy coaching (wow, takes a lot for that to happen), and I was so frustrated I was using all kinds of inappropriate language in front of the kids around me, including my own. I don't need that kind of aggravation, and so we left early, and I don't regret it one bit. We're lucky to win, pure and simple. Defense deserves all the praise for that win, 100%. The coaching staff, the offense, and the special teams all deserved to finish the game in front of an empty stadium after their performance for the first 54 minutes of the game.

you think Iowa was the lucky team Saturday? You can fvck off.

you think Iowa was the lucky team Saturday? You can fvck off.
If you punt w/ 7 min left and down 2 scores, you are gambling that everything is going to go perfectly ... we needed two quick stops and 2 quick TDs, with no room for error (and no chance we go for a FG). We won that gamble yesterday, but it was just that, lucky.

I'm not sure who is more annoying, the OP or you for this post.

Glad you read my post so I could annoy you too.

As for me, not sure what is more annoying....the fact you're annoyed, or the absolute garbagbe on the field for 3 and 1/2 quarters on Saturday.

I bet you weren't even at the game. Tavern-Hawk suits you.

Glad you read my post so I could annoy you too.

As for me, not sure what is more annoying....the fact you're annoyed, or the absolute garbagbe on the field for 3 and 1/2 quarters on Saturday.

I bet you weren't even at the game. Tavern-Hawk suits you.

Good thing a football game is 4 quarters and not 3 and a half, right?

What is a tavern hawk?

The use of a V in place of a U dates back to Roman times. The pronunciation is the same it was simply easier to write that way on stone tablets. There are more recent examples of this. Such as the United States silver Peace dollar. In these situations the designer wanted to give the writing a more classical appearance. What is more perplexing is the word placement And you say in this thread. I don't understand what an old Roman Catholic fornication law has to do with leaving the game early.

What if a "fan" arrives late? Does that also make him an object of derision and less a man than those "real fans" who arrived before him?

I left in the 1st quarter to avoid being arrested. Does that count 

Absolutely! It counts you as a shameful, disrespectful infidel!

HawknickerRico shall exact their punishment on you with merciless condescension and chastising. May God have mercy on your soul.

What if a "fan" arrives late? Does that also make him an object of derision and less a man than those "real fans" who arrived before him?

In case you missed the edicts ... If you are not banging on the gates 90 or more minutes before kick AND security is not asking you to leave ...
Well, I think you know the answer and you don't want to know the consequences. Just fall in line and no one gets hurt.

10 point game with 7-8 minutes to go, yeah, way too early to start heading for the gates. Dumb move. But these people paid for tickets to come watch the Hawks play, the same as everyone else. To say they are not fans is ludicrous.

The product wasn't as garbage as some in here believe. Balls State was getting every bounce their way.

Left sometime during 2nd quarter. Was bored and growing tired of watching Iowa play bad football, again.

As so many have pointed out (and no one seemed to take issue with it when Jon and all the others who "understand the game" talked about it for basketball) it's Lickliter football. It's one thing to be entertaining -- Iowa football is not. It's one thing to be competitive -- Iowa football does more to undermine itself, minimize or flat-out ignore it's strengths, and allow chance "bounces" to influence the outcome as any team out there.

I paid my "contribution" and bought my tickets for many years. I determine whether the performance, for which I paid a significant amount of money, is providing the entertainment value I expected -- and that goes from one performance to the next.

By the way ... to the jeeenyusses saying people "missed a great comeback". There's this wacky invention called flat screen, HD tv. There's these places all around the ped-mall that have lots and lots of them and they let you watch them for free. I got to see the entire 2nd half. Cheered just as wildly at the go ahead TD as if I was at Kinnick. I wasn't squeezed out by Tommy 2-ton and kneed in the back by Becky bovine. The music selection and overall "gameday atmosphere" was great. Best of all, I was enjoying a couple pints of Sam's summer seasonal. All in all, on this particular day and for this particular performance, I actually did receive an equitable return of entertainment value for my dollar.

Not ashamed. No regrets. Didn't miss a single thing worth seeing.

I do look forward to returning to Kinnick (like I've done for 7 Saturdays each fall for the last 10 years or so) next Saturday for the Iowa State game. I will bring the same expectation I always do -- that the Hawks play competent, competitive football and play to their capabilities and strengths -- the same hope for victory and will cheer loudly to encourage them to achieve that. I will also continue to reserve the right to be entertained to MY satisfaction and choose to stay or go, depending.

Most of all, I so look forward to that pius superfan that wants to give me crap for exercising my right to leave. I'll take my ribbing, sheepishly smile and tell them, "GFY, aZZhole!" Maybe it'll be Hawknick or SpiderRico.

For somebody that has attended Iowa games as you say you have for you to not be able to tell the difference or get the same "satisfaction" between being there at the game for a comeback and watching it on TV that says alot about a person to me. There was absolutely nothing better then being at Kinnick for when Daniel Murray made that kick to beat PSU. I only wish I was old enough to have been at the famous 85 Iowa Michigan game. If you think watching big moments on TV are the same as being there in the stadium and feeling the atmosphere from that then I feel bad for you. Cause I'd hate to be spending that money on tickets and being let down. It sounds like you don't like going to the games at all. In fact why do you spend the money and your time going to some then?

The stands being full of fans helps the players. Thats how they know we have their backs. It helps the program when fans show up and stay its a measuring stick as to how fan bases are compared. To some extent even being chosen for bowl games. Yes I know Iowa fans shell out and travel for bowl games really well. And in this new system it may not matter anymore so much. But it sure used to. I just wish they'd stick it out from start to finish through thick and thin. Thats what true fans are to me. I felt embarrassed when I saw the fans flooding out of the stadium. Serves them right to have missed the comeback and I feel bad for those that are either kidding themselves when they say they don't feel bad for having missed it or truly are apathetic. Cause I wish the true fans would get those tickets instead.

Buddy and I left the game at half to get a beer. We had 2 extra tickets to get back in, but while back at the tailgate, we figured why go back in to watch more of that crap? We just drank beers and watched it at the tailgate.

We left at half as well.

If they choose to run an offense that doesn't want to pkay to its strengths I will again next week. Winning a comeback against ball st is great. I would have been more surprised if they lost.

The fact they chose to forget the run was my breaking point. Not calling for heads, never have. I want to see a team dominate a smaller line like they did at times last year. Choosing to be pansies doesn't sit well with me. I refuse to support an offense that bails on a run game, especially against ball st.

So much derp in here. I left early. Got back to teh RV, cracked a beer, and watched teh game in the RV parking lot with about 40 other fans that left early too. U mad?

Latest posts