@ "Fans" who left the game early

The main thing I don't like about fans leaving early is how the outside world portrays us as a fan base for it. On TV they made it a point to show and talk about the fans leaving. That saddens me. It can be used against us in recruiting and as how we are looked at as a loyal fan base. How loyal of a fan base are we in that we don't think we can win a winable game? This is just me. But when I pay to go to the game I go planning on seeing them till the end win lose or draw. Now others have the right to do what they want. Just too bad that other recruits and fan bases will see that and can use that against us....

The main thing I don't like about fans leaving early is how the outside world portrays us as a fan base for it. On TV they made it a point to show and talk about the fans leaving. That saddens me. It can be used against us in recruiting and as how we are looked at as a loyal fan base. How loyal of a fan base are we in that we don't think we can win a winable game? This is just me. But when I pay to go to the game I go planning on seeing them till the end win lose or draw. Now others have the right to do what they want. Just too bad that other recruits and fan bases will see that and can use that against us....

Were you at the game?

:mad: You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your lack of faith and confidence in your team. It was a two score game with plenty of time left. You missed IMO the greatest comeback and quarterback performance since 2011. You missed dominant play by the Iowa defense forcing a 3 and out then a turnover late. I stuck with the team yelling and screaming until the last snap. I unlike you was confidant in victory from start till finish despite the early and mid game setbacks. Next time reclaim your status as loyal Iowa fans by sticking with your team. These kids work their tails off for victory please do your part. That is all.

I, too, stayed until the band played "In Heaven There Is No Beer". On the way home on the radio, I like Lew Montgomery's opening comment: "Congratulations to the fans who stayed true to the Iowa Fight Song.... until the game is won!"

I, too, stayed until the band played "In Heaven There Is No Beer". On the way home on the radio, I like Lew Montgomery's opening comment: "Congratulations to the fans who stayed true to the Iowa Fight Song.... until the game is won!"

"They're not saying 'boo', they're saying 'Lew'"!

Yup....40+ year fan, season ticket holder, been to every away league stadium, 5 bowl games....I left when we punted with 5 mins left after seeing nothing but Yakety Sax for the other 3 quarters and 7 minutes.

Shame on me.

Iowa last punted with ~7:20 left.

I stayed until the end as well. It was rewarding. Much like Pitt in '11!

In fact, I took my daughter (9yrs old) who seemed bored for 3 1/2 quarters. I'm glad we stuck around, as it probably instilled a sense of fan-ism in her.

I love a happy ending (no that wasn't a massage reference)!

If I was actually at the game I would have stayed till the end. The atmosphere changes everything. Unfortunately this is the first time I haven't finished watching the game on tv. I did record the rest of the game but with 10 minutes left and the way we were playing I would have mbet my mortgage that we would lose. My mistake, I learned never to count Iowa out if it's a close game. It's a mistake I won't make again.

Were you at the game?
No I wasn't. It's how I know how it looked on TV. I Don't see how it is relevant if I was or wasn't. I have been to many Iowa games. Many tough losses and big wins. I will be up for next weeks game. I'll be in my seat an hour before the game till the final gun.

I'm ashamed I walked away when the 4th quarter began. I was posting on the game thread all afternoon but when my frustration hit an all time high and I didn't see anything that looked like we could do to change the game I left. I decided it was better to leave than post things built of frustration and anger. If that makes me a bad fan I can accept it. I've been following the Hawkeyes since 1977 and this was one of the least satisfying wins I've seen. I don't think leaving makes you a bad fan, instead I think it's more about the love and passion you have. If it means you're a bad fan to leave I guess we lost 10,000 fans a game during the Lickliter years.

^^^^ This^^^^
Just because we won doesn't mean fans don't have a reason to be very upset with the way the offense played for the majority of this game. We weren't playing Ohio State or Alabama. We had to have our hands forced before we started to throw the ball down field. Is it against KF's religion to play like that an entire game?

Why can't Iowa play with a sense of urgency. Why must we play at the level of our opponents? Was KF not paying attention to Hayden Fry's offensive philosophy or was his entire focus on the offensive line performance during his years under Hayden.

One more first down by Ball State and we lose this one. The time would not have been there for the comeback. All we saw was the potential of this offense and how it's being held back by a playing not to lose mindset. Why was CJ yanked after showing his ability to pass the ball where it can be caught. Jake has some serious issues with throwing the long pass accurately. He is ok with the ten and fifteen yard routes but the long pass just isn't there on a consistent basis.

How about next week we come out of the gate with a sense of urgency and carry it out through the entire game. How is it that Oregon can put it on Michigan State and BYU can stick it to Texas but we play a lower tier team like we are playing against the national champs. It is damn irritating.

Padding your career win totals by playing cupcakes during the non conference part of your schedule is nothing to write home about. It's just a cheesy way to make your career look better than what it really is. I would like to see Iowa schedule at least one really good team out of the four non-conference teams. It seems like all the legit top twenty teams try to do this. When was the last time we did that?

People paid their money...if they want to leave early, let em leave. They'll either regret doing it or not.

One could make the argument that Ball State was the luckiest team in the world today. The stars were aligned in their favor, but thankfully KirFer & co had a different idea.

No I wasn't. It's how I know how it looked on TV. I Don't see how it is relevant if I was or wasn't. I have been to many Iowa games. Many tough losses and big wins. I will be up for next weeks game. I'll be in my seat an hour before the game till the final gun.

Figures a non-attendee makes a judgement when they're not there.

ISU games are easy to get up for and be all riled up.

A sucky MAC team, in which we play like Yakety Sax against all day, isn't.

I'd put a dollar down you'd of left too.

I did not attend, but I can guarantee that I would never leave until the game was over...too many years of experience with Kirk's teams under my belt. Those fans that left early deserve what they got and that is missing a great comeback win!

:mad: You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your lack of faith and confidence in your team. It was a two score game with plenty of time left. You missed IMO the greatest comeback and quarterback performance since 2011. You missed dominant play by the Iowa defense forcing a 3 and out then a turnover late. I stuck with the team yelling and screaming until the last snap. I unlike you was confidant in victory from start till finish despite the early and mid game setbacks. Next time reclaim your status as loyal Iowa fans by sticking with your team. These kids work their tails off for victory please do your part. That is all.

:rolleyes:

I don't blame anyone for leaving early, that was absolutely brutal football for over three quarters. You drop around $100 to go to a game, you can leave whenever you darn well want to, and not give a rats you know what about what superfans like you think about it. Anyone who paid the price of admission did their part. Besides, bottom line is it isn't life or death, it's just a football game.

Any fan that left early just does not understand football. I have no angst towards them, they're just not intelligent.

Couple things. Not going to read the whole thread . . . too long.

First, I remember thinking as they showed the fans leaving in the 4th quarter, "those guys might regret that when they start hearing cheers". This was purely my fan-dom hoping Iowa would figure something out. I don't really blame people for losing.

Second, for those saying our hand was forced and KF wasn't throwing early . . . did you watch the game? How many times did they throw to Vandeberg down field. Not saying I like the receiver option, but they were trying to throw.

Third. mark this up as a comeback win to help gel the team and a bump in the road. As an optimist in Iowa, I choose to see this as a learning experience that didn't have to happen in a loss.

Oh lookie here...we got us a SuperFan(TM)

People pay a lot of money for those tickets, they can leave whenever the hell they want.

You're a screamer, eh? Can't stand screamers.

I have a modest suggestion. Identify a life, and then get it.

uYN4nEc.gif

Latest posts