@ "Fans" who left the game early

:mad: You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your lack of faith and confidence in your team. It was a two score game with plenty of time left. You missed IMO the greatest comeback and quarterback performance since 2011. You missed dominant play by the Iowa defense forcing a 3 and out then a turnover late. I stuck with the team yelling and screaming until the last snap. I unlike you was confidant in victory from start till finish despite the early and mid game setbacks. Next time reclaim your status as loyal Iowa fans by sticking with your team. These kids work their tails off for victory please do your part. That is all.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself (or an innocent bystander) patting yourself on the back.

When the fools leave I'm the idiot sitting there thinking "you're gonna miss the comeback..."

Today I was lucky enough that it came true.

Go hawks!!!!

I was not confident at all that Iowa would pull it out. But I got a chance for the first time to watch the game from the press box to see how the other half lives..My My..that press box is sweet. All you could eat buffett,beverages and my very own seat. TVs for replay ..Of couse I watched the jumbo for that. I don't want to ever sit in the bleachers again. I was staying to the bitter end and eat that last of that buffet..Damn it.. Oh and it was nice to see Iowa pull it out at the end. How many times have we seen this team squander away victories here recently. Fans leave games early for many reasons. For those who left ,they missed out on a great come back. I would like Rudock to trust his WRs more and go to them early and often. This should open up the running game.

:mad: You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your lack of faith and confidence in your team. It was a two score game with plenty of time left. You missed IMO the greatest comeback and quarterback performance since 2011. You missed dominant play by the Iowa defense forcing a 3 and out then a turnover late. I stuck with the team yelling and screaming until the last snap. I unlike you was confidant in victory from start till finish despite the early and mid game setbacks. Next time reclaim your status as loyal Iowa fans by sticking with your team. These kids work their tails off for victory please do your part. That is all.

Off the high horse. This was an ugly performance and a game that should have been decided by the third quarter. As a previous season ticket holder of 9 years, I would have left this game at halftime.

Off the high horse. This was an ugly performance and a game that should have been decided by the third quarter. As a previous season ticket holder of 9 years, I would have left this game at halftime.

It's 'Iowa Football'... no matter who we play, great team, FCS, top of league, bottom - the game will be close entering the 4th qtr and could go 1 play either way. I've resigned to the fact that Hawkeye games are going to be 60 minute affairs. Just enjoy the experience!! These last 2 games were loud & fun the last 5 minutes....

Yup....40+ year fan, season ticket holder, been to every away league stadium, 5 bowl games....I left when we punted with 5 mins left after seeing nothing but Yakety Sax for the other 3 quarters and 7 minutes.

Shame on me.

Yes shame on you. You missed a great ending.

I've seen plenty of great endings in person (too many to list). Can't bat 1.000.

Yeah, a W in the win column.

No, not something I'm proud of. We played worse on offense than the first week.

Not a great product in 2014 for sure.

I'm ashamed I walked away when the 4th quarter began. I was posting on the game thread all afternoon but when my frustration hit an all time high and I didn't see anything that looked like we could do to change the game I left. I decided it was better to leave than post things built of frustration and anger. If that makes me a bad fan I can accept it. I've been following the Hawkeyes since 1977 and this was one of the least satisfying wins I've seen. I don't think leaving makes you a bad fan, instead I think it's more about the love and passion you have. If it means you're a bad fan to leave I guess we lost 10,000 fans a game during the Lickliter years.

Latest posts