@ "Fans" who left the game early

The use of a V in place of a U dates back to Roman times. The pronunciation is the same it was simply easier to write that way on stone tablets. There are more recent examples of this. Such as the United States silver Peace dollar. In these situations the designer wanted to give the writing a more classical appearance. What is more perplexing is the word placement And you say in this thread. I don't understand what an old Roman Catholic fornication law has to do with leaving the game early.

They put 'fvck' on a silver dollar? That is outrageous. I am going to write an angry email blaming <bush/obama/boehner/reid> and circulate it widely on the Internet, by which I mean my Mom's old bridge club friends.

No the word Trvst was on the silver dollar from 1921-1935. I was using that as a more modern example of an ancient Roman spelling. All the Presidents that served during that time as long since pasted on.

Figures a non-attendee makes a judgement when they're not there.

ISU games are easy to get up for and be all riled up.

A sucky MAC team, in which we play like Yakety Sax against all day, isn't.

I'd put a dollar down you'd of left too.
Your argument doesn't hold water. The poster said that it looks bad on our fanbase when TV is showing our fans leave early. What does that have to do with actually being there?

Me, I stayed until the end because I paid too much for season tickets to leave early. I would imagine that those who did leave early didn't buy a ticket to watch crappy football. To each their own, doesn't make anyone a bad fan.

Also, I'm in that shot of people leaving!

The main thing I don't like about fans leaving early is how the outside world portrays us as a fan base for it. On TV they made it a point to show and talk about the fans leaving. That saddens me. It can be used against us in recruiting and as how we are looked at as a loyal fan base. How loyal of a fan base are we in that we don't think we can win a winable game? This is just me. But when I pay to go to the game I go planning on seeing them till the end win lose or draw. Now others have the right to do what they want. Just too bad that other recruits and fan bases will see that and can use that against us....

Do you really think Iowa fans are the first to discover "leaving early?" ... Fans can do as they please. Just as you decide to stay until the very end. Not up to you or anyone else to call out other fans for leaving early, etc.

If only I keep working at it, maybe I can be as good of a fan as these guys some day.

george-wendt-signed-super-fans-snl-8x10-photo-wcoa5-119-t985530-500.jpg

It is amazing that every single person who left somehow has zero regrets missing a great 10 point comeback. Amazing.

If that is true, I don't know why they ever go to Kinnick.

Anybody listen to Dolph and ED , cracked me up when Ed said that the Iowa fans have been quiet for 3 quarters, and we would be too if we wernt getting paid to talk about this

It is amazing that every single person who left somehow has zero regrets missing a great 10 point comeback. Amazing.

I am amazed that this something you care about.

I think it must be my fault that the coaches decided not to overpower the ball st defense. I mean ferentz did specify my seat number as the reason they called such a bad game. My team support almost cost them.

Buffoons.

A 10 point comeback that was required against a team we should've beat teh everliving **** out of? Are you serious Clark? It's not like it was an epic comeback againt OSU or Wiscy or Indy even. It was Ball ******* State. Good on Riddick for mounting a superb comeback but after 53 minutes of dog **** football even winning wasn't going to be redeeming result.

A 10 point comeback that was required against a team we should've beat teh everliving **** out of? Are you serious Clark? It's not like it was an epic comeback againt OSU or Wiscy or Indy even. It was Ball ******* State. Good on Riddick for mounting a superb comeback but after 53 minutes of dog **** football even winning wasn't going to be redeeming result.

Its a game on our schedule. It counts on our record. They went 10-3 last year.

Iowa wins 7 or 8 games a year, and most of you fvckers are only happy after about two of them. I don't know why you follow football.

Iowa wins 7 or 8 games a year, and most of you fvckers are only happy after about two of them. I don't know why you follow football.

I'm very happy that Iowa won. However in 30 years I won't be regaling my grandchildren about teh totes awesome comeback I would have seen if I stayed. Happy Iowa won? Yes. Devastated I missed a two possession comeback over Ballsac State? Nada.

I don't care to eat crap sandwiches, even if they come from a fine french restaurant. If you want to enjoy your crap sandwiches feel free. Just because you get a toy at the end of the meal doesn't make it less crappy.

The offense they put out there was a crap sandwich with a large lazy malt. Having expectations is a good thing, being blind to bad football is an isu thing.

If you punt w/ 7 min left and down 2 scores, you are gambling that everything is going to go perfectly ... we needed two quick stops and 2 quick TDs, with no room for error (and no chance we go for a FG). We won that gamble yesterday, but it was just that, lucky.
I think I could make a pretty good argument that going for it in that situation is just as big of a gamble, if not more so.

Do you really think Iowa fans are the first to discover "leaving early?" ... Fans can do as they please. Just as you decide to stay until the very end. Not up to you or anyone else to call out other fans for leaving early, etc.
No I obviously don't think Iowa fans invented this. Good grief I never came close to saying or implying that. But I certainly can reserve judgement against those for leaving early. It's as much my right to do that as it is for those who do it is to leave. Sure you have the right to leave. But that sure makes you someone whos tickets I wished went to someone else instead. To me that's quitting on your team. It's that simple. I want my kid to not quit at anything he does. So I'm not going to do it. Is Iowa going to win every game and look good doing it? No but they are my team. Always have been and always will. I can't ask them kids to not quit playing hard if I'm going to quit on them. I just don't understand why if your willing to leave early why in the hell you go to begin with.

I just wish they'd stick it out from start to finish through thick and thin. Thats what true fans are to me. I felt embarrassed when I saw the fans flooding out of the stadium. Serves them right to have missed the comeback and I feel bad for those that are either kidding themselves when they say they don't feel bad for having missed it or truly are apathetic. Cause I wish the true fans would get those tickets instead.
I don't think there's any team in the country that would not have had some fans leave in a game like that.

Latest posts