Families of Former Black Iowa Football Players Organizing for Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...and didn't they have the car he was sleeping in. Jesus...just shoot because...I'm not going to run after him and get all sweaty and stuff. I'll just kill him for sleeping in his car...sure it's a lot of paperwork and everything...but I didn't have to break a sweat. Great training.
Exactly and his license. They knew who he was. He was drunk and groggy from having just woke up. How fast and far could he have possibly gotten..

KF, BF, Doyle, and Wallace will not be coaching football at the University of Iowa this fall.

BF, Doyle, and Wallace are the no-brainers. Ferentz was way too close with Doyle and Brian to not know what was going on and what was being said, his treatment of players behind closed doors is coming out more and more, and he's playing dumb in his presser and media statements. Playing dumb because he knows that if Doyle is going down, he has to go down as well.

Disagree on KF and probably BF as well. KF isn't going anywhere.

To go back to George Floyd, nobody really knows what happened between the time he was cuffed and in the car and what got him on the ground next to it.

No, there are people who know. There is body cam footage that Ellison ain't releasing because it would be destructive to The Narrative and his attempts to piss in the jury pool.

Haha, you think he started running because he was afraid if the cops? I highly doubt that. If he was so afraid he wouldn't have resisted the arrest in the first place.

To go back to George Floyd, nobody really knows what happened between the time he was cuffed and in the car and what got him on the ground next to it. Now in both cases did those guys deserve to die? Probably not. But it happened as unfortunate as it was.

The moral of the story is that first of all, don't commit a crime and there is a really high probability that you will be ok. Will you get pulled over from time to time, or have to get out of line at the airport to get searched, or randomly drug tested? Yeah, it happens, and guess what, to white people too. But if you have nothing to hide and aren't doing anything illegal, then chances are you will be just fine.

And second, if you do commit a crime, if you do what the police ask and don't do anything stupid, then chances are you will be ok with that too. Do people get wrongfully blamed or accused of things? Sure, it happens, it's not a perfect world or system. But if you comply without giving up your constitutional rights, it will more than likely get worked out in the end.

But this Atlanta guy, I don't care if you think the cops should have done this or shouldn't have done this, the bottom line is that he is dead now and nothing is going to make that different. And if he didn't act stupid, we wouldn't be talking about it. I know, for a lot of people accountability is a bitch.

You know what...I was drunk as hell one time in Iowa City...last day of finals my sophomore year. I got mistakenly caught up in a brawl that started outside the old Fieldhouse. I wasn't involved but just on the cusp of the melee. Next thing I know I'm plastered up against a window on a store front...I didn't know it was a cop that had me because he came from behind...and I threw an elbow and pushed back...should he have shot me?

Don't be a dip stick.

You know what...I was drunk as hell one time in Iowa City...last day of finals my sophomore year. I got mistakenly caught up in a brawl that started outside the old Fieldhouse. I wasn't involved but just on the cusp of the melee. Next thing I know I'm plastered up against a window on a store front...I didn't know it was a cop that had me because he came from behind...and I threw an elbow and pushed back...should he have shot me?

Don't be a dip stick.

Did you overpower him, then steal his taser and aim it at a law enforcement officer?

The guy killed in Atlanta is not without blame. He resisted arrested, threw down with officers, grabbed a taser and fired it at one of them.

Technically, they were within their rights to arrest him, but why didn't they just give the guy a ride home or arrange for someone to pick him up? Just should have let the guy go with the taser as well. Especially in the hyper-sensitive climate on race we have with a 24 hour news cycle.

Technically, they were within their rights to arrest him, but why didn't they just give the guy a ride home or arrange for someone to pick him up? Just should have let the guy go with the taser as well. Especially in the hyper-sensitive climate on race we have with a 24 hour news cycle.

Am I to read this as advocacy to start to get soft on drunk driving or a different standard of punishment depending on the race of the suspect? Like if this was a white guy, would you want him arrested?

Haha, you think he started running because he was afraid if the cops? I highly doubt that. If he was so afraid he wouldn't have resisted the arrest in the first place.

To go back to George Floyd, nobody really knows what happened between the time he was cuffed and in the car and what got him on the ground next to it. Now in both cases did those guys deserve to die? Probably not. But it happened as unfortunate as it was.

The moral of the story is that first of all, don't commit a crime and there is a really high probability that you will be ok. Will you get pulled over from time to time, or have to get out of line at the airport to get searched, or randomly drug tested? Yeah, it happens, and guess what, to white people too. But if you have nothing to hide and aren't doing anything illegal, then chances are you will be just fine.

And second, if you do commit a crime, if you do what the police ask and don't do anything stupid, then chances are you will be ok with that too. Do people get wrongfully blamed or accused of things? Sure, it happens, it's not a perfect world or system. But if you comply without giving up your constitutional rights, it will more than likely get worked out in the end.

But this Atlanta guy, I don't care if you think the cops should have done this or shouldn't have done this, the bottom line is that he is dead now and nothing is going to make that different. And if he didn't act stupid, we wouldn't be talking about it. I know, for a lot of people accountability is a bitch.
Great, obviously you're the armchair expert here. I'm glad that you're ok with shooting a man in the back as he's trying to run away (you apparently don't care that a bystander's car was hit also) I mean he shot a taser behind himself up in the air in the general direction of a police officer as he was running away! That's punishable by death right?? The good news is that the actual experts disagree with your dog shit analysis, fired the cop and will likely bring charges. Another "bad apple" down.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...ng-misconduct-records-police-cops/3223984002/

Last edited:
Did you watch the doctored CNN version or the actual video where he turns to point a taser at the police officer who is in pursuit?
CNN version wasn't doctored, good effort though. Did you watch the Fox version where they photo shopped an AK in the dangerous criminal's hands?

Last edited:
The good news is that the actual experts disagree with your dog shit analysis, fired the cop and will likely bring charges.

If that cop gets charged, there is a damned good chance that Atlanta will look about as it did on Sherman's March to the Sea when the PD suddenly all develops blue flu at the same time.

Why dont you answer my question smart ass? Thats right, you cant, because all you do is bitch and offer no solutions or alternatives.
Ooh, smartass - that hurts my feelings. "And I am going to ask you nicely, and just once, to never call me a derogatory name on here again."

Disagree on KF and probably BF as well. KF isn't going anywhere.

What do you think happens if Barta fires Brian after the investigation is over? Or tells Kirk that Brian has to go? I'm not sure who officially controls Brian's job.

What do you think happens if Barta fires Brian after the investigation is over? Or tells Kirk that Brian has to go? I'm not sure who officially controls Brian's job.

Kirk has 5 million reasons to stay regardless of what happens to BF. He might not like it if BF has to go but I can't see him leaving as well. BF will land on his feet somewhere else no question. KF has enough contacts to make that happen.

"CNN version wasn't doctored, good effort though. Did you watch the Fox version where they photo shopped an AK in the dangerous criminal's hands?"

Defending CNN and denouncing FOX kind of gives it away.
As shown repeatedly by your posting history, you are just terrible with your assumptions. I think you have me confused with O'Keefe, he's the one that watches CNN. After he said the CNN version was doctored/cut I went and watched it, didn't see anything like that compared to the other versions I had seen so I called out his lie. Then followed up with the major news outlet who actually had a proven recent issue with photo shopping images to try to instill fear. You probably remember:

Or wait a sec, you probably didn't even know. Poor guy.

https://gizmodo.com/fox-news-tries-to-make-seattle-protests-seem-scarier-wi-1844027456

As shown repeatedly by your posting history, you are just terrible with your assumptions. I think you have me confused with O'Keefe, he's the one that watches CNN. After he said the CNN version was doctored/cut I went and watched it, didn't see anything like that compared to the other versions I had seen so I called out his lie. Then followed up with the major news outlet who actually had a proven recent issue with photo shopping images to try to instill fear. You probably remember:

Or wait a sec, you probably didn't even know. Poor guy.

https://gizmodo.com/fox-news-tries-to-make-seattle-protests-seem-scarier-wi-1844027456

I don't support propaganda or agitprop, so I don't have cable, and consequently no CNN or Fox News. I was just curious as to how someone could be as ill informed as you were about the facts surrounding this particular police shooting.

I don't support propaganda or agitprop, so I don't have cable, and consequently no CNN or Fox News. I was just curious as to how someone could be as ill informed as you were about the facts surrounding this particular police shooting.
What was I wrong about, the guy wasn't running or trying to get away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts