Families of Former Black Iowa Football Players Organizing for Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, at this point, what good is it going to do to point out that the squeaky wheel is the one getting the oil? We now live in a society where an intoxicated black man resists arrest, steals a police officer's taser, runs away and fires the taser back at the face of the police officer, so the police officer shoots him dead, and now the police officer is facing felony murder charges. The liberal ambulance chasing media has fucked the police. They have fucked any white man in an authority and mentor role. And they have fucked white people as a whole.
All for the horrendous and very dangerous crime of sleeping in a car while black. Thanks for proving the point.

You know, at this point, what good is it going to do to point out that the squeaky wheel is the one getting the oil? We now live in a society where an intoxicated black man resists arrest, steals a police officer's taser, runs away and fires the taser back at the face of the police officer, so the police officer shoots him dead, and now the police officer is facing felony murder charges. The liberal ambulance chasing media has fucked the police. They have fucked any white man in an authority and mentor role. And they have fucked white people as a whole.

LMFAO...wait...are you serious? Dude...crawl back under the rock you came from. I'm white...I don't feel I'm fucked at all. I think there is a backlash going on that was long overdue. Everything needs to be examined, because there is systemic racism in this country. It needs to be addressed...and when cops are trained to always go the route of excessive force...it's going to be a problem.

Now...you are going to have the opportunists...those that prey upon public opinion and those that aren't so much interested only in change...they are interested in getting something out of it. That's where we are now. You have to listen and let the process play out.

White people have enjoyed privilege ever since this country was created. Whether you took advantage of it or not...it was afforded to you. We can either divide or come together...but if you don't think changes are needed...you either aren't paying attention, or you are delusional. Or maybe worse...prejudiced.

KF, BF, Doyle, and Wallace will not be coaching football at the University of Iowa this fall.

BF, Doyle, and Wallace are the no-brainers. Ferentz was way too close with Doyle and Brian to not know what was going on and what was being said, his treatment of players behind closed doors is coming out more and more, and he's playing dumb in his presser and media statements. Playing dumb because he knows that if Doyle is going down, he has to go down as well.

I'm still leaning toward Chicken Little here. Let's see what Barta has to say today.

All for the horrendous and very dangerous crime of sleeping in a car while black. Thanks for proving the point.

I personally know 3 white people who have been arrested for sleeping in a car while drunk, 2 of whom didn't even have the keys in the ignition. The DUI laws use a concept of constructive control. Without it, someone could crash, fall asleep in their car and avoid DUI arrest. We had a societal fight about this in the 1980's. Have you ever heard of a group called MADD? Drunk driving deaths have been cut in half bince the early 1980's. Do you remember that?

So yes, the police interaction was started with him merely just "sleeping" in the drive through lane at Wendy's. But it ended with him gathering a litany of charges and aiming a taser at a police officer.

How do you suggest society handle a guy passed out in the drive through lane in the future? Should we just let him be and hope it isn't an opiod overdose or medical emergency like a stroke or heart attack? If so, how long should we leave him there, 8 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours? Should we just send a social worker to wake the guy up and let him drive home? Does your answer change depending on his race?

This is an interesting situation. I keep thinking eventually...people are going to come out and start defending the program. It's not popular...but if the tear it down crowd is the only one talking...people tend to believe what they are hearing because of the silence on the other end.

I don't think former white players are going to step up right now due to the coverage. It's going to have to be the Mike Daniel's of the world, etc to say something along the lines of...yes...there were issues...but...this isn't what I remember.

This is an interesting situation. I keep thinking eventually...people are going to come out and start defending the program. It's not popular...but if the tear it down crowd is the only one talking...people tend to believe what they are hearing because of the silence on the other end.

I don't think former white players are going to step up right now due to the coverage. It's going to have to be the Mike Daniel's of the world, etc to say something along the lines of...yes...there were issues...but...this isn't what I remember.
They clarified in their initial posts that they didn't want anyone fired. Hell, they didn't start calling for Doyle's head until it became popular (not saying it was wrong either).

But when they posted on social media, they basically tossed the keys to this thing to the mob, and we got a lot of half-baked, unverifiable stories to go along with the legitimate claims.

I'm still leaning toward Chicken Little here. Let's see what Barta has to say today.
Barta's not going to say anything. It's going to be vague dodging like KF did. There will be a whole lot of "no comment because we're doing an independent investigation." Mere lip service.

You can call me chicken little all you want, but we both know you believe in the Cult Of Kirk before all else. If you saw KF rob a bank, then followed him home, saw him unload a bag of cash onto his kitchen table and then get a hug from Mary you'd still deny it because it couldn't possibly happen.

I personally know 3 white people who have been arrested for sleeping in a car while drunk, 2 of whom didn't even have the keys in the ignition. The DUI laws use a concept of constructive control. Without it, someone could crash, fall asleep in their car and avoid DUI arrest. We had a societal fight about this in the 1980's. Have you ever heard of a group called MADD? Drunk driving deaths have been cut in half bince the early 1980's. Do you remember that?

So yes, the police interaction was started with him merely just "sleeping" in the drive through lane at Wendy's. But it ended with him gathering a litany of charges and aiming a taser at a police officer.

How do you suggest society handle a guy passed out in the drive through lane in the future? Should we just let him be and hope it isn't an opiod overdose or medical emergency like a stroke or heart attack? If so, how long should we leave him there, 8 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours? Should we just send a social worker to wake the guy up and let him drive home? Does your answer change depending on his race?

I think we should shoot them all. Who care they have their name and their car. Shoot them all in the back.

He may have been over the legal let not....no blood test. He obviously was confused and usually .01 doesn't make you that confused. Shoot em all......sarcasm.

Many believe KF should be allowed to remain but I'm not one of those. He is overall responsible for the culture of the program, past and present. I could care less if the entire staff was released.

Ya I think this is the beginning of the end for Ferentz and Iowa football. Ending may not happen this year, but soon. Also pretty much slams the door on Brian Ferentz ever leading this program and thank god for that.

I don't agree with the police encouraging him to drive as they did initially. I got "pulled over" in my own driveway once and had already been in the garage with a drink and a cigarette. The officer didn't have line of sight when I pulled in, parked or got out. As soon as he pulled up he wanted me to get back in the driver's seat. F that coercive garbage. I refused but I ended up taking a breathalyzer to get him to leave and came in at a .04.

I don't agree with drunk driving or fighting against police, but I think shooting somebody in the back three times while they're trying to get away is a lot worse. At what point was the officer's life in danger? I thought tasers were not supposed to be life threatening?

I don't agree with the police encouraging him to drive as they did initially. I got "pulled over" in my own driveway once and had already been in the garage with a drink and a cigarette. The officer didn't have line of sight when I pulled in, parked or got out. As soon as he pulled up he wanted me to get back in the driver's seat. F that coercive garbage. I refused but I ended up taking a breathalyzer to get him to leave and came in at a .04. I don't agree with drunk driving or fighting against police, but I think shooting somebody in the back three times while they're trying to get away is a lot worse. At what point was the officer's live in danger? I thought tasers were not supposed to be life threatening?

So let me get this straight. The police were "coercive" with this guy by asking him to move the car in which he was passed out at the time they approached the scene to a spot that didn't block the drive through?

Tasers are "less than lethal." Are you saying that if a guy overpowers two cops and blasts one with a taser, the cops shouldn't shoot? Mexico has a standard that police can't shoot unless someone draws an actual gun on them. Is that the standard that you are in favor of? I guess the tourist places in Mexico where the army guards a perimeter with M-16s are pretty nice, so maybe we should aspire to that same standard in the US. We can just build a couple of crime free zones in each state and pull the police out of the rest of the country. That sounds good to me, I just hope my house is fortunate enough to be in a crime free zone.

Ya I think this is the beginning of the end for Ferentz and Iowa football. Ending may not happen this year, but soon. Also pretty much slams the door on Brian Ferentz ever leading this program and thank god for that.

I've said this bince the first allegations broke. They're too late in the cycle now to promote O'Keefe to his rightful position of head coach, but it is very unlikely that absent a miracle double digit win season this year that Ferentz is the head man on opening day 2021.

Well anyone would have been dragged out for that and given a breathalyzer. It didn't escalate till after that and they deemed him over the limit and began arresting him. Then he began resisting and running off with the tazer. Should they have shot him over it? Hell no not twice in the back killing him like they did. Lazy cops run after him geez. Use your radio the dude wasn't goin to hop the fence to an embassy was he?

So let me get this straight. The police were "coercive" with this guy by asking him to move the car in which he was passed out at the time they approached the scene to a spot that didn't block the drive through?

Tasers are "less than lethal." Are you saying that if a guy overpowers two cops and blasts one with a taser, the cops shouldn't shoot? Mexico has a standard that police can't shoot unless someone draws an actual gun on them. Is that the standard that you are in favor of? I guess the tourist places in Mexico where the army guards a perimeter with M-16s are pretty nice, so maybe we should aspire to that same standard in the US. We can just build a couple of crime free zones in each state and pull the police out of the rest of the country. That sounds good to me, I just hope my house is fortunate enough to be in a crime free zone.
I'm saying they did a terrible job controlling and de-escalating the situation for an incredibly minor infraction which ended up with an officer cowardly shooting a man in the back when his life was not threatened at all.

I'm saying they did a terrible job controlling and de-escalating the situation for an incredibly minor infraction which ended up with an officer cowardly shooting a man in the back when his life was not threatened at all.
You haven't watched the video, have you? How the hell do you "de-escalate" a guy who is resisting arrest and steals a taser and points it at a cop? I honestly think that was a textbook interaction right up until the point the decedent started fighting with the police to avoid being arrested.

You haven't watched the video, have you? How the hell do you "de-escalate" a guy who is resisting arrest and steals a taser and points it at a cop? I honestly think that was a textbook interaction right up until the point the decedent started fighting with the police to avoid being arrested.
I sure have. He is clearly just trying to get away, not to hurt them. Have you actually watched it? It's ironic that many black people are afraid of police, of being beaten or killed by them. The fear he had actually got him killed.

Barta's not going to say anything. It's going to be vague dodging like KF did. There will be a whole lot of "no comment because we're doing an independent investigation." Mere lip service.

You can call me chicken little all you want, but we both know you believe in the Cult Of Kirk before all else. If you saw KF rob a bank, then followed him home, saw him unload a bag of cash onto his kitchen table and then get a hug from Mary you'd still deny it because it couldn't possibly happen.

See...this is where you see one thing and I see something different. KF isn't robbing the bank...he's withdrawing his own money (which may be the entire bank by way) and you feel based on his won-loss record...he's robbing it.

Are you also a big believer in the DEEP STATE?

Well anyone would have been dragged out for that and given a breathalyzer. It didn't escalate till after that and they deemed him over the limit and began arresting him. Then he began resisting and running off with the tazer. Should they have shot him over it? Hell no not twice in the back killing him like they did. Lazy cops run after him geez. Use your radio the dude wasn't goin to hop the fence to an embassy was he?

Um...and didn't they have the car he was sleeping in. Jesus...just shoot because...I'm not going to run after him and get all sweaty and stuff. I'll just kill him for sleeping in his car...sure it's a lot of paperwork and everything...but I didn't have to break a sweat. Great training.

I sure have. He is clearly just trying to get away, not to hurt them. Have you actually watched it? It's ironic that many black people are afraid of police, of being beaten or killed by them. The fear he had actually got him killed.

Did you watch the doctored CNN version or the actual video where he turns to point a taser at the police officer who is in pursuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts