Everyone is under the assumption that we are a "young team". Lets look at it.

There are only a few players that can potentially use the "young" excuse this year. No way the team as a whole can use that term. I guess we'll see where this list ends up by the end of the year. o_O

Iowa is not young, JW, Frederick, Connor and to point Garza and Nunge are all relatively young players, but the bulk of this team is no longer young. This is not a young team. For the core, this is their 3rd time around with the bulk of the minutes. There is NO excuse for this team not winning basketball games this season.

Baer: Born 3/1996, age 22 or a Graduate student.
Moss: Born 8/1996 age 22 or a SR
Cook: Born 9/1997 age 21 or a JR
Bohannon: Born 6/1997 age 21 or a JR
Connor: Born 7/1998 age 20 or a SO
Pemsl: Born 8/1997 age 21 or a JR
Garza: Born 12/1998 age 19 or a SO
Kriener: Born 4/1998 age 20 or a JR
Dailey: Born 2/1998 age 20 or a JR
Nunge: Born 2/1999 age 19 or a SO
Frederick: Born 7/1999 age 19 or a FR
Wieskamp: Born 8/1999 age 19 or a FR
That's 2 SRs. 5 JRs. 3 SOs. 2 FR. This is not a young team. Many of them are old for their class age range, with summer birthdays. This is not a young team.

I'm not under that assumption.

There's no way Fran can say that we are 'young' anyway. The JRs are experienced ones at that having played a lot their first two years. So it's not like they sat for a year or two watching they were playing most of the time. JW who I suspect will be starting if not day 1 really early(I think he will be because Fran already said Baer will come off the bench) it's between he and Dailey pretty much if that's the case. JW would be the only one with the 'young' excuse. Even Garza and Nunge played a bunch last yr.

Someone was already calling Moss a "young player" in another thread. Trust me, it's being used and will continue to be used. They'll point to Connor and JW's playing time as evidence of our team being young. Some people will make excuses every year. Regardless.
I hadn’t heard anyone saying this team was young.

My concern is that this team was so far away from even being decent last year that it’s going to take a mighty improvement to be a good team this year. Maybe Joe and a fresh season is the answer, but I’m still pretty skeptical.

I hadn’t heard anyone saying this team was young.

My concern is that this team was so far away from even being decent last year that it’s going to take a mighty improvement to be a good team this year. Maybe Joe and a fresh season is the answer, but I’m still pretty skeptical.

100% Skeptical for me.... but optimistic at the same time. It's hard to believe that it's as easy as a few new pieces and an off season concentrated on the defensive deficiencies. I gotta see it. Thank god we don't wait too much longer, they play their secret scrimmage THIS Sunday.

There are only a few players that can potentially use the "young" excuse this year. No way the team as a whole can use that term. I guess we'll see where this list ends up by the end of the year. o_O
tenor.gif

I didnt realize anyone was suggesting that Iowa was a young team this year. I don't think people should overreact to Wieskamp this year...even though they will...but everyone else should be fair game.

Jordan now has 2000 minutes of playing time and 2 college offseasons of experience. Cook has 1500 minutes, 2 offseasons, and an NBA evaluation. Moss has 1400 minutes, 3 offseasons and an NBA evaluation. This team is not young.

You start a post titled:
EVERYONE IS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE ARE A "YOUNG TEAM". LETS LOOK AT IT.

When no one has said anything about being a young team and now your going to start a list of who uses that as an excuse this year.

I want first on that list:
The only reason we will lose any games this year is because we're a young team

You start a post titled:

When no one has said anything about being a young team and now your going to start a list of who uses that as an excuse this year.

he has me blocked, so, I can say it all I want. We're just too damn young guys!. If we weren't so young, we'd probably win a title. These youngin's need time to mature, and become old. Youngest team in the country probably.

I'll keep a running list as the season goes on. It won't be short.
As long as you tally it against those who don't say anything about a young team - fair is fair. Anyone saying we're a young team prolly doesn't know much about the team or college hoops in general.

You start a post titled:

tenor.gif

OP must think it's last year.
Mark my words, I'll have copy/pasted posts from people calling this year's team "young". Especially after a bad loss. It's coming. It's as certain as the "refs screwed us again" posts from Husker fans.

Mark my words, I'll have copy/pasted posts from people calling this year's team "young". Especially after a bad loss. It's coming. It's as certain as the "refs screwed us again" posts from Husker fans.

You aren't going to hear it from me. This team has no excuses, NONE.

Not young in age but young when it comes to knowing how to play basketball in a fashion that resembles maturity! Is it ALL Frans' fault?

People might say we will be be better next year if Cook comes back because we only lose Baer. They might say Wieskamp will improve because he is young. But no one thinks the team is young.

Latest posts