Eric Graham, RB commit to the Hawkeyes, today

I love how a recruit pops up ... that pretty much nobody has heard of ... on the radar on signing day and some fans are ready to turn him into the next Barry Sanders. Not saying the kid can't or won't have a career at Iowa, but just funny the fans who watch one or two HIGHLIGHT videos and then all of a sudden say he looks better than Higdon ... Let's temper expectations. There has to be some reason coaches haven't been flocking all over this kid ... especially a kid that lives in SEC country ... and then this kid is waiting on standby for a last-minute offer from Iowa ... Again, not saying the kid won't or can't have a decent career, but let's wait until he takes the field first.

Maybe the truth is Higdon flipped because he knew he'd be behind Graham on the depth charts his entire career. All joking aside I hope they both have good careers.

One thing I will not be rooting for is for a Michigan player to have a good career.

He admitted in the interview following his junior season having some grade problems. That right there might be why he was so under the radar — the red flag was raised pretty early. The kid ended with 2500 yards in two seasons at an private school.

There are reasons to be optimistic about him after watching hudl and max prep video. He has skills, nice (not world class) speed and does some really nice things toting the rock. He also does a nice job reading the line.

How good he can be will depend on how much work he puts in. I don't see him as a four year starter at this point, but he is a nice back to have in the stable as he develops.

I'm sure our coach, who can't recruit or evaluate talent to save his life, strolled right on into SEC country and nabbed a hidden gem on signing day. We better keep this staff around here a little longer, I think this is the beginning of something special.

I'm sure our coach, who can't recruit or evaluate talent to save his life, strolled right on into SEC country and nabbed a hidden gem on signing day. We better keep this staff around here a little longer, I think this is the beginning of something special.

He's not a great recruiter but considering the number of NFL players he's produced to say he can't evaluate talent is pretty stupid

At first I rolled my eyes at those saying this is better than the guy we lost to UM.. but then I watched his tape and saw 3 break away tds in the first 3 plays, which was more than I saw from the other guy so.. it appears that you guys are right, this kid looks better.

Well, they aren't going to put 2 yrd off tackle Weisman runs on the tape. Just saying.

Looks good on video but have to remember he played against Class 2A competition.
(Alabama now has 7 HS football classes)

Glad he passed his ACT's and hopefully he stay's eligible once he is enrolled at Iowa.

I love how a recruit pops up ... that pretty much nobody has heard of ... on the radar on signing day and some fans are ready to turn him into the next Barry Sanders. Not saying the kid can't or won't have a career at Iowa, but just funny the fans who watch one or two HIGHLIGHT videos and then all of a sudden say he looks better than Higdon ... Let's temper expectations. There has to be some reason coaches haven't been flocking all over this kid ... especially a kid that lives in SEC country ... and then this kid is waiting on standby for a last-minute offer from Iowa ... Again, not saying the kid won't or can't have a decent career, but let's wait until he takes the field first.

Welp, you guys have convinced me he's a better fit for Iowa than Higdon. Here's hoping for the best.

Who said he is Barry Sander, or better than Higdon? Watch his tape, it is just surprising to nab this quality of a recruit this late in the game.

The defenses that I saw him running through were not good and likely had few D-1 prospects on them. That's how Iowa can go into SEC country, in Alabama no less, and get this commit. Alabama, Auburn, SC, Clemson and Georgia know what kind of competition Graham faces every week and they didn't see him as a real difference maker. Which actually fits into what we know about KF's recruiting skills. Another average player for an average team. Nothing that I'm going to get excited about.
Daniels will be toting the rock next season, who I like a whole lot better than this kid. Wadley will tote the rock when Daniels gets injured in the 2nd game of the season, running behind this O-line. By the 5th game, Wadley will be limping and Plewa will be the starting RB for the remainder of the season. Graham will RS and Iowa fans will be wondering what Capt Clueless is doing, once again.
Sorry for not offering the "spoiler alert" before I posted next season's likely scenario. If anyone here expected something different, I'm sorry for your ignorance.

If I have to be Debbie Downer I will be. Anyone saying this guy is going to be great is speculating and probably going to be wrong. He didn't have a profile on most scouting websites and he was Kirk's equivalent of a safety school. Other schools have pretty smart people and there is a reason nobody else wanted him

To say he looks better than Higdnon is just drinking the kool aid, there is barely any tape on him and none of us know how to interpret tape anyway.

We needed a running back and we knew he would be waiting for us when we lost our real target, that simple. Kirk has developed one great RB his entire career in the form of Shonn Greene, so I am not hopeful he can do it with this guy.

All the same I look forward to "Dallas Clark!" as a response.

There's a reason why no one wanted him. Knowing our luck with RBs, he probably never sees the field.

Adam robinson and brandon wegher didn't have great competition either in highschool and they did well at Iowa. I like this RB a lot. He sounds like a good kid and he will do what it takes to be succesful.

How many highlight videos of Higdon did you see? I saw about the same for each kid. Each kid looks to be B1G caliber. It is a huge relief to get a kid equally as talented as Higdon after Higdon flipped. No one has mentioned Barry Sanders, that I've read...other than your post.

If I have to be Debbie Downer I will be. Anyone saying this guy is going to be great is speculating and probably going to be wrong. He didn't have a profile on most scouting websites and he was Kirk's equivalent of a safety school. Other schools have pretty smart people and there is a reason nobody else wanted him

To say he looks better than Higdnon is just drinking the kool aid, there is barely any tape on him and none of us know how to interpret tape anyway.

We needed a running back and we knew he would be waiting for us when we lost our real target, that simple. Kirk has developed one great RB his entire career in the form of Shonn Greene, so I am not hopeful he can do it with this guy.

All the same I look forward to "Dallas Clark!" as a response.

I believe this kid is at least as good as Higdon. Which is better? Only time will tell. Harbaugh having a limited time to put a staff together and recruit only means that Higdon is likely B1G caliber...not elite, but B1G caliber. I believe the same of Graham. To me, that makes them equal.

How many highlight videos of Higdon did you see? I saw about the same for each kid. Each kid looks to be B1G caliber. It is a huge relief to get a kid equally as talented as Higdon after Higdon flipped. No one has mentioned Barry Sanders, that I've read...other than your post.

There was another post that said "who said he's Barry Sanders".