End of an IC/Coralville Era (?)

I'm just gettin' out in front of this. The day I hear Pagliai's is closing... we're buying it. Can't wait for 1 week from tonight. My first Pag's in months.
I have had some nice chats with the new owner. He knows full well what he has. He is a shirt tail relative to the original family. He is smart enough to know that major changes in the pizza would be a disaster. I may see you there unless I delay my visit until Saturday post game. Yahoo!

I have had some nice chats with the new owner. He knows full well what he has. He is a shirt tail relative to the original family. He is smart enough to know that major changes in the pizza would be a disaster. I may see you there unless I delay my visit until Saturday post game. Yahoo!
I did not realize that it had changed hands. I'm not sure when that happened but I have not noticed any difference in the quality of the product there. As always, outstanding!

I did not realize that it had changed hands. I'm not sure when that happened but I have not noticed any difference in the quality of the product there. As always, outstanding!
Likely longer ago than I think. 2-3 years is a guess. Outstanding pizza has not changed! (It is also clear that he interacts very positively with staff)

My taste and smell took roughly three months to come back, and the smell isn’t 100% back. My sense of smell isn’t altered that I can tell, but it’s maybe 75% as sensitive as it was the rest of my life till now.

Taste is pretty close to the same to where I don’t notice any difference, but there are a couple things that are weird. I used to love ranch but I can’t stand it now. Has a tinny, metallic flavor. I’ve tried almost every brand. I’d also say flavors aren’t as strong as they used to be. I have to season certain things more heavily now.

I feel your pain, it sounds like a dumb simple thing that isn’t a big deal, but mentally it’s agonizing. I was honest to god somewhat depressed for a while there. Eating satisfies hunger, but it also gives enjoyment with the dopamine good food gives you. When you eat just because you need calories and can’t enjoy anything, that sucks big time.
Just saw this. I was a heavy salt consumer during my entire life. Now I find many foods too salty, especially meat. The change came while I had Covid.

Last edited:
George’s = good Shiner Bock on tap. Then walk across the parking lot and enjoy a Pagliai’s pizza.

Going by the typical billable rates I see from day to day, that’s a $500 post for a lawyer spending that kind of time on it.

I’m starting to doubt whether you’re a lawyer in reality. I’ve met plenty but never one who’d spend that kind of time and effort being butthurt over an anonymous internet message board.
My gawd, this thread turned into a good read!

Latest posts