Does Tyler Cook get drafted?

Does Tyler Cook get drafted Thursday?

• yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • no

Votes: 42 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the big question is whether he showed he could play defense and rebound in the NBA during the trials. If he did that...he gets called. Board man gets paid. Let's face it at 6'9" and with his athleticism and size...he's there athletically. It's just work ethic and effort on the glass. Guys who can run the floor and dunk like he can, with defensive skills and rebounding are a needed commodity in the NBA.

^^Then my answer is no.^^

This secondary to no real mid game or outside game. I think he goes un-drafted then gets picked up as a free agent for a team to take a chance on. I don't think a team is going to take the chance and chuck out $$$$$$ on him right away.

Probably depends if he would want to agree to conditional terms for draft and stash/overseas(think Aaron White and the Wizards) or some sort of G League draft and stash agreement(think Abdel Nader and the Celtics). If he doesn't want to be limited to 1 team, he could take the Uthoff route and say he won't sign to keep his contract flexibility. That would allow him the ability to sign on with any team for the summer league to fight for a roster spot.

I think the big question is whether he showed he could play defense and rebound in the NBA during the trials. If he did that...he gets called. Board man gets paid. Let's face it at 6'9" and with his athleticism and size...he's there athletically. It's just work ethic and effort on the glass. Guys who can run the floor and dunk like he can, with defensive skills and rebounding are a needed commodity in the NBA.

These comments about effort/defense are fair. But with his professional basketball future up in the air, you have to think he'll show up defensively.

Tyler has certainly improved his position by advancing from the G league tryout to the actual combine. I'm also starting to realize that the NBA game probably better suites Tyler as he won't have as many double teams with the defensive 3 second rule.

Still comes down to jump shooting and defense. Tyler has to prove he has the mid-range game and can be a role player which means a solid defensive player and I think he falls just a bit short in these areas.

I don't expect him to get drafted but I think he has a chance at the NBA overall if he can show his value in the G League. Undrafted players can make it to the NBA just like they can in the NFL. It just takes the right situation and a team willing to give someone a chance.

I just don't think TC has the offensive game to be attractive to NBA teams. His natural position is as a 4 but he only has a partial 4 game. Most 4s now are expected to shoot the three, if you can't you'd better be exceptionally good at other things. Plus Tyler isn't tall enough, I've never believed he's 6'9" more like 6'7". With the strength of his game being an inside game in the NBA he would be banging inside with guys that are taller and just as strong.

I don't know that TC will ever have have the touch necessary to become a good shooter. Anybody remember that air ball free throw he shot down the stretch last year?

The guys that are going to make it in the NBA are the ones that really, truly work on their game on an ongoing basis. you can't measure heart. Fred VanVleet of Toronto comes to mind, hometown - Rockford, IL, college - Wichita St, draft status - didn't get drafted, height - 6'0" but there he was making a major contribution in the playoffs this year.

Another that comes to mind is PJ Tucker of the Rockets, hometown- Charlotte, NC, college - Texas, drafted *- second round by Toronto where he eventually got waived and was out of the league, spent 5 years playing in backwater overseas leagues where he developed his game. He never did become a good shooter although he developed an adequate corner 3 shot but he honed his defensive skills, always played with heart and effort and at 6'4" or thereabouts competes as a 4. He earned it.

Who knows where TCs game will take him.

Now watch me be wrong! I hope he gets drafted but I just don't see it.

I sure hope he does.

I like TC and it would be good exposure for the program. Even though he’s a long shot to make the league, hearing his name called on draft night is a moment he can cherish forever.

If Tyler Cook can be a Kevon Looney type, it's possible.

Was thinking that too bad he didn't mug things up a little more at Iowa, like Draymond Green did at MSU, to create a tough guy aura about himself and create that kind of niche. Not that he's not tough, but he doesn't have that kind of reputation right now.