Dochterman’s Tweet...I Didn’t Even Know It Was This Bad.

If you fire Fran today you owe him $9,000,000. If you wait until July 1st you still owe him $7,600,000. Iowa is not doing either of those.
how much to fire the ass hat that gives out contact extensions like halloween candy?

The difference between Lick and Fran is that I get a feeling that Barta is intimidated by Fran. Witness his siding with Fran on the Gary Dolphin incident. In summary; Barta doesn't have the balls to fire Fran.

Barta and balls should not be used in the same sentence.

Anyone know if Lick's teams even had a run this bad?

No. Remember Lick's teams actually played pretty good defense and games were often in the 50's. They could play good defense but never had the ingredients to have a kick-ass offensive team. The complete opposite of Fran's teams.

how much to fire the ass hat that gives out contact extensions like halloween candy?

Not exactly sure. I know after his 5 year extension back in 2016 he was guaranteed $4.6M.

Sadly, I assume as long as the football team is successful and pulling in the "phat dolla dolla billz"...Barta isn't going anywhere

No. Remember Lick's teams actually played pretty good defense and games were often in the 50's. They could play good defense but never had the ingredients to have a kick-ass offensive team. The complete opposite of Fran's teams.

Lick's teams did NOT play good defense. We need to dispense with that theory. The scores of the games were due to pace of play, not lock down D.

Defensive efficiency Lick's 3 years:

2007-08: 58 (OK this was solid)
2008-09: 214 (Ooops)
2009-10: 289 (Ugh...)

Link:
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

That said, I don't recall Lick's teams having a run of this many games in a row getting blown out on the road.

Not exactly sure. I know after his 5 year extension back in 2016 he was guaranteed $4.6M.

Sadly, I assume as long as the football team is successful and pulling in the "phat dolla dolla billz"...Barta isn't going anywhere

You may be right. But if so, this will be CHA during our games the next few years:

6227201117_51ba8b94df_b.jpg

Lick's teams did NOT play good defense. We need to dispense with that theory. The scores of the games were due to pace of play, not lock down D.

Defensive efficiency Lick's 3 years:

2007-08: 58 (OK this was solid)
2008-09: 214 (Ooops)
2009-10: 289 (Ugh...)

Link:
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

That said, I don't recall Lick's teams having a run of this many games in a row getting blown out on the road.

Yea, I was going to mention that as well, but, it is a game philosophy or strategy that plays into the overall game. The point is that they could keep games close, whether by D or by a game strategy.

What's sorta interesting is Barta's current deal goes thru June 30th 2021, and Fran's buyout goes down to $4,700,000 on July 1st 2021. So that would probably be the most "ideal" time to clean house. Fire Barta on June 30th and fire Fran the next day. However, that also means at least 2 more seasons of Fran

And that's how it will likely play out. Unless, Fran has a incredible run these next 2 years.

And that's how it will likely play out. Unless, Fran has a incredible run these next 2 years.

I think its by far the most likely scenario. If Iowa misses the dance this year my guess is Barta forces Fran to fire an assistant or two. Basically a stalling tactic to try and appease the fans in the short term.

I think its by far the most likely scenario. If Iowa misses the dance this year my guess is Barta forces Fran to fire an assistant or two. Basically a stalling tactic to try and appease the fans in the short term.
You may be right but man that wouldn't make bit of difference.. Which coach would fall on the sword and who would he replace him with? There'd be no appeasing this fan with a move like that.. In college hoops the HC can't pass any of the buck to me. Even though guys like Pitnio try doing just that for everything that's ever gone wrong with his programs..

You may be right but man that wouldn't make bit of difference.. Which coach would fall on the sword and who would he replace him with? There'd be no appeasing this fan with a move like that.. In college hoops the HC can't pass any of the buck to me. Even though guys like Pitnio try doing just that for everything that's ever gone wrong with his programs..

We are talking about Barta here. He has no self awareness. He would think a move like that would give him time.

We are talking about Barta here. He has no self awareness. He would think a move like that would give him time.
True he just might think that. And it'd be his call to 'force' Fran to do it. Fran wouldn't preemptively do that I don't think. Which makes me think he might just flex his muscles. Remind Barta of his contract being what it is and say nope. Either I'm here in charge of my staff or I'm not.... I could see it going down that way too.

Well soon the arena will have fewer and still fewer people attending games. And that may cause more noise

If you fire Fran today you owe him $9,000,000. If you wait until July 1st you still owe him $7,600,000. Iowa is not doing either of those.

Proving he is over paid to begin with!

Latest posts