Dochterman’s Tweet...I Didn’t Even Know It Was This Bad.

If you fire Fran today you owe him $9,000,000. If you wait until July 1st you still owe him $7,600,000. Iowa is not doing either of those.

I've defended Fran for most of his time here despite the ups and downs. If Iowa doesn't turn it around this season you have to put him on the hot seat for next season saying you have to make the NCAA's. Fran isn't getting fired this season and you can thank Barta for that.

Barta should be fired and then you let the new AD make the call next season.

If you fire Fran today you owe him $9,000,000. If you wait until July 1st you still owe him $7,600,000. Iowa is not doing either of those.

Granny-Burning-Stacks-Of-Money-Like-a-Boss-On-Looney-Tunes-With-Tweety-Bird.gif

OK, I knew it was bad but it feels like we're back to Lickliter levels once again. If Fran can't get this thing back on track, have to say I'm officially done with him. I'm willing to let the year play out - but it doesn't look real promising.

Didn't they pay Lick a big chunk of money to go away?

Yep. I don't remember the numbers but think they'd owe Fran even more. Thanks, Barta.

EDIT:

The 54-year-old Lickliter had four years left on a seven-year contract that paid him $1.2 million a year. Barta said the Hawkeyes will pay Lickliter roughly $2.4 million for the remainder of the contract.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4997052

So they'd owe Fran WAY more. Thanks, Barta.

I don’t understand this argument. It’s not my problem how much money they owe him. I’m not writing the checks. I’m just the one watching games and being pissed. How much money Iowa department has on hand is meaningless to me...oh and they have more than enough....

What's sorta interesting is Barta's current deal goes thru June 30th 2021, and Fran's buyout goes down to $4,700,000 on July 1st 2021. So that would probably be the most "ideal" time to clean house. Fire Barta on June 30th and fire Fran the next day. However, that also means at least 2 more seasons of Fran

I don’t understand this argument. It’s not my problem how much money they owe him. I’m not writing the checks. I’m just the one watching games and being pissed. How much money Iowa department has on hand is meaningless to me...oh and they have more than enough....

Because its completely unrealistic to think Fran will get fired. You are certainly entitled to your opinion that they SHOULD fire him, but its not going to happen. We can all thank Barta and the secret extension he gave Fran with the ridiculous buyout.

It's tough to build a solid tournament resume if you don't win on the road. It's tough to win on the road when you consistently allow the opposing team to lead by 17 points.

Last night's performance was very disheartening...

Purdue was doing ANYTHING they wanted to do on offense. They'd just run their motion offense or a set play and right thru Iowa's defense to the hoop. It's pretty f'ing embarrassing when a 5' 10" guard cuts thru Iowa's defense like a hot knife thru butter, then after making the shot runs down to the other end of the court smiling and laughing.

it was such a breeze for them. Iowa was doing absolutely fucking nothing on defense.

Latest posts