Dochterman’s Tweet...I Didn’t Even Know It Was This Bad.

Did we have any fast break points vs Purdue? How many fast break points the last 2 gms?
I was gonna post this 'til I realized we can't score fast breaks following dunks and lay-ups. My bad. Never mind.

Wade...go home...your drunk if you think they can win 5 in a row....
They may not, in fact they probably won't, but he knows what it takes to win in the B1G and those road venues more than most of us.

I'd be more respectful to Wade. He was a pretty competitive dude. Very similiar to Zach McCabe in terms of talent and skill set but much more even keeled.

Wade...go home...your drunk if you think they can win 5 in a row....

Well, NW, PSU and ILL have yet to win a conference game and Neb/OSU are at home, so there is some logic in his reasoning. I know, I know, only the mighty Cyclones can pull off 5 in a row.

----------- Signed, Mr. Literal.

I believe it was Scott Hastings, while he was a sports talk host for KOA in Denver, who made the comment "The only sentence where you can use Larry Bird and Scott Hastings together is: That Scott Hastings is no Larry Bird".

They may not, in fact they probably won't, but he knows what it takes to win in the B1G and those road venues more than most of us.

I'd be more respectful to Wade. He was a pretty competitive dude. Very similiar to Zach McCabe in terms of talent and skill set but much more even keeled.

One of the nicest players I've ever met. Back when I was teaching and coaching, Bandag (a Muscatine business started by Roy Carver - yes, that Roy Carver - and was later sold to Bridgestone) sponsored a week long basketball camp where the Iowa players came down and coached the kids (5th through 8th grade). Wade was not known as a three point shooter, but I watched him run a three point drill (player gets the ball from a coach, shoots a 3 from the wing, goes under the basket, touches the floor with both hands, goes to the opposite wing, gets the ball from a coach, shoots 3 three from the wing, etc.) I watched him swish - no rim - five in a row before three more where he hit the rim, then swished two more before hitting the back iron on the ninth shot.

I believe it was Scott Hastings, while he was a sports talk host for KOA in Denver, who made the comment "The only sentence where you can use Larry Bird and Scott Hastings together is: That Scott Hastings is no Larry Bird".
My favorite Larry Bird story. Celtics call time out to set up a potential game winning shot. KC Jones starts diagramming the play. A few seconds into the timeout, Bird leans over, wipes the greaseboard clean with his towel, and mumbles "Give me the ball."

They did and he delivered.

My favorite Larry Bird story. Celtics call time out to set up a potential game winning shot. KC Jones starts diagramming the play. A few seconds into the timeout, Bird leans over, wipes the greaseboard clean with his towel, and mumbles "Give me the ball."

That's great. I recorded a top 50 moments show on him on NBA channel. Highly recommend everyone to check it out. Dude was amazing all the way around

Here it is in video form.

Latest posts