Do we want Iowa State to win tonight?

Overrated by who exactly? The RPI, do you really feel Iowa is not one of th 80 best teams in the country? The B10 standings?

Specifically about quality of wins regardless of RPI. MN was a bad team that day. IL is at times a bad team. IL caught IU on a bad night and IU wasn't taking them seriously.

Iowa has a credibility problem based on schedule as discussed on TV last night. IL wins are credible, but the team itself has huge gaping holes.

No one cares what Illini fans think about Hawk fans. You also don't care what a lot of Hawk fans think either, of which I am one. Just don't carry pom poms.

Winning over a top 40 RPI team without your starting pg looks good to the comittee, I'll take the win, not worried about style points, style points never kept Wisconsin out of the tournamente There will always be asterisks and committee approval. Neither team helped their style points last night. Iowa was in a close game with a team that has really struggled to score at times last night and throughout the season. Outside of team fans, people in general don't like to watch games where neither team can hit layups. Kind of like wrestling. Last night was a scrum game.

Groce's hire was likely a mistake for Illini fans of which I am not. Both Fran and Groce have similar backgrounds except for the connection to OSU and Motta. Groce has a stellar class coming on with this years high school juniors. Fran can't say the same.

We can disagree about D. I don't count scrum as anything but a gimmick defense that works against teams that aren't complete teams. Iowa plays scrum. If you are observant you would be really concerned about the lack of fundamentals on o and d with foot work, blocking out, screens, and posting. JO is really inconsistent on how he releases the ball. Why can he hit in practice but not in games. Some has to do with the fundamentals of the team he is practicing against. A bad 3 point d team jumps out and lunges making the shooter release more properly. Iowa does not properly/technically defend well. A lot of teams against Iowa don't need the 3 or are chucking 3's late to catch up like NW. Skews the stats as does playing them 2x.

So now you are finding ways to diminish good wins??

Overrated by who exactly? The RPI, do you really feel Iowa is not one of th 80 best teams in the country? The B10 standings?

Specifically about quality of wins regardless of RPI. MN was a bad team that day. IL is at times a bad team. IL caught IU on a bad night and IU wasn't taking them seriously.

Iowa has a credibility problem based on schedule as discussed on TV last night. IL wins are credible, but the team itself has huge gaping holes.

No one cares what Illini fans think about Hawk fans. You also don't care what a lot of Hawk fans think either, of which I am one. Just don't carry pom poms.

Winning over a top 40 RPI team without your starting pg looks good to the comittee, I'll take the win, not worried about style points, style points never kept Wisconsin out of the tournamente There will always be asterisks and committee approval. Neither team helped their style points last night. Iowa was in a close game with a team that has really struggled to score at times last night and throughout the season. Outside of team fans, people in general don't like to watch games where neither team can hit layups. Kind of like wrestling. Last night was a scrum game.

Groce's hire was likely a mistake for Illini fans of which I am not. Both Fran and Groce have similar backgrounds except for the connection to OSU and Motta. Groce has a stellar class coming on with this years high school juniors. Fran can't say the same.

We can disagree about D. I don't count scrum as anything but a gimmick defense that works against teams that aren't complete teams. Iowa plays scrum. If you are observant you would be really concerned about the lack of fundamentals on o and d with foot work, blocking out, screens, and posting. JO is really inconsistent on how he releases the ball. Why can he hit in practice but not in games. Some has to do with the fundamentals of the team he is practicing against. A bad 3 point d team jumps out and lunges making the shooter release more properly. Iowa does not properly/technically defend well. A lot of teams against Iowa don't need the 3 or are chucking 3's late to catch up like NW. Skews the stats as does playing them 2x.

Fortunately there are no statistics to back up this opinion. Probably also why nobody seems to take you seriously.

Don't forget our bet ILHawk!

remind me exactly what it was. The key is in the wording....

If I remember right, neither of us will win based on what we agreed to. Then again I always tell my kids....listen to what I mean, not what I say.

Regardless hope I lose. Need a break.

and I'm not an Illini fan. I do know the family of one of the players and have known several assistants over the years. I also think Jerry Hester is a great commentator and gives great insight to what is going on and not a homer. I do have some more than passing interest due to my connections. I do not miss Lou Doo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now you are finding ways to diminish good wins??

It was a great win and a fun one. Not on the band wagon yet that we are a good team and Fran will be successful. You are right about RPI, but was mentioning nitty gritty. It was ugly. I don't want to look like the Bad gers.

Most times the answer is "never"

If they lose, it opens up a spot in the dance. One that we could hopefully fill

If they win though, their RPI improves and our win over them looks better and helps our struggling RPI

At this stage in the year you want them to lose if they a bubble team. That is a FACT JACK!!

At this stage in the year you want them to lose if they a bubble team. That is a FACT JACK!!

I want Iowa State to lose because I hate them, their band of rogue transfer outlaws and their pretty boy coach who doesn't even make them run a basic motion offense. They're a pimple on the rear of college basketball.

Iowa has a better resume than them win or loss.

I want Iowa State to lose because I hate them, their band of rogue transfer outlaws and their pretty boy coach who doesn't even make them run a basic motion offense. They're a pimple on the rear of college basketball.

Lol.

This is funny.

If they win - looks like they are going to roll OSU - then hope they win out including Big 12 tourney to really boost Iowa's resume. Plus them beating OSU will put them squarely in NCAA tourney anyway. If they lose, then hope they lose the rest of the season to keep them off the bubble.

Of course we want the cyclones to win. Duh

LikeABoss-41-nope.gif

Ehh i never want ISU to lose unless they are playing Iowa, of course my friends that are ISU fans also have a brain unlike all the ISU trolls on this board.

Latest posts