Do we want Iowa State to win tonight?

Real Hawk fans don't like Iowa State. It is an impossibility.

I've been a 'real' Hawk fan since I was 8 years old... 52 years ago. I like Iowa State, as long as they're not playing the Hawks. So it's not impossible, just unlikely.

If you hold out hope that Iowa can get into the tournament just winning 2 of the next 3 then you want Iowa State to win in order to help the RPI. It is possible Iowa could get an RPI below 70, IMO, giving them a chance at getting in. Iowa State winning gives Iowa another win over a top 50 RPI team.

If you are one that thinks Iowa needs to win the next 3 (or more) then you either do not care or want Iowa State to lose tonight.

No.

Earlier in the season when they were closer to a lock for the NCAAs, yes.

Now they are directly competing with Iowa for a bubble bid. You probably want to root against ISU the rest of the way.

I%2Bdon%2527t%2Bcare.jpg

You've got feminine hands.

You've been pretty quiet today bud, I was hoping for some extended analysis of Iowa's defense today from you.

Actually pretty busy today. Great scrum. I mentioned Iowa's size was a concern w/o MG in the lineup for IL. I mentioned IL didn't like scrum and it showed. I mentioned IL and IA were both over rated based on recent wins (suspect). Oh yea, I still think the perimeter D stinks. IL missed a lot of open looks. Bertrand and Griffey are up and down emotionally and they didn't handle the scrum or HC very well.

I still think Hawk fans are way over concerned about officiating.

I think Iowa is becoming more Wisconsin than is Wisconsin equipped with a similar coach. Soft spoken caring guy who becomes insanely high on non very communication.

If 2 equally deserving bubble teams by RPI are being considered for the dance, Iowa and IL set themselves back last night on style points.

Biggest concern? We will face a Mid Major with a JO type who will actually light it up for 27 points due to our lack of real defense.

Loved Woody's perimeter D on half court (which shouldn't mean 1/2 court literally)....btw, sarcasm.....my consistently attitude is showing. :D

Actually pretty busy today. Great scrum. I mentioned Iowa's size was a concern w/o MG in the lineup for IL. I mentioned IL didn't like scrum and it showed. I mentioned IL and IA were both over rated based on recent wins (suspect). Oh yea, I still think the perimeter D stinks. IL missed a lot of open looks. Bertrand and Griffey are up and down emotionally and they didn't handle the scrum or HC very well.

I still think Hawk fans are way over concerned about officiating.

I think Iowa is becoming more Wisconsin than is Wisconsin equipped with a similar coach. Soft spoken caring guy who becomes insanely high on non very communication.

If 2 equally deserving bubble teams by RPI are being considered for the dance, Iowa and IL set themselves back last night on style points.

Biggest concern? We will face a Mid Major with a JO type who will actually light it up for 27 points due to our lack of real defense.

Loved Woody's perimeter D on half court (which shouldn't mean 1/2 court literally)....btw, sarcasm.....my consistently attitude is showing. :D

I would say 13 blocks is pretty stylish.

Actually pretty busy today. Great scrum. I mentioned Iowa's size was a concern w/o MG in the lineup for IL. I mentioned IL didn't like scrum and it showed. I mentioned IL and IA were both over rated based on recent wins (suspect).

Overrated by who exactly? The RPI, do you really feel Iowa is not one of th 80 best teams in the country? The B10 standings?

Oh yea, I still think the perimeter D stinks. IL missed a lot of open looks. Bertrand and Griffey are up and down emotionally and they didn't handle the scrum or HC very well.

You're just wrong here, I have no doubt that you think that, but you're wrong. There's a 30 game sample size to back up that Iowa's perimeter D is solid. Illinois had a terrible game plan and took more contested jumpers early in the shot clock than I've seen any team take against Iowa this year.

I still think Hawk fans are way over concerned about officiating. No one cares what Illini fans think about Hawk fans.

If 2 equally deserving bubble teams by RPI are being considered for the dance, Iowa and IL set themselves back last night on style points. Winning over a top 40 RPI team without your starting pg looks good to the comittee, I'll take the win, not worried about style points, style points never kept Wisconsin out of the tournament.

I think you should have much bigger concerns, mainly that your team is a bad shooting team whose game plan consists of jacking up 3's all game. That would have me concerened about the long term health of the program and that maybe the Groce hire was a mistake.

Oh - did you mean Iowa, no I wouldn't be concerned about that, we have a top 5 national defense against 3 pointers, our main concern is obviously the prolonged scoring droughts we run into each game. Our defense is terrific.

I hope ISU loses out. For no other reason that I hate them and also it'd be an open spot. If Iowa is to sneak in now they'll have to win 2 tourny games if not 3. Doesn't really matter what ISU does if Hawks don't win at this point. It could have been more borderline for us if Iowa hadn't lost to Nebby earlier or the VA tech game. That loss hurts since it was a non conference loss against what's turned out to be a crappy team. If Hawks win those 2 winnable games. I think Hawks could win just 1 tourny game and have been in at this point but it is what it is.

Iowa needs to take care of themselves, we don not need the ISU win to look any better due to the fact that Iowa can finish 9-9 in conference play and win one or two in the tourny and that will be enough to get in.

Iowa needs to take care of themselves, we don not need the ISU win to look any better due to the fact that Iowa can finish 9-9 in conference play and win one or two in the tourny and that will be enough to get in.

Had they taken care of business the first time against Nebraska, they'd probably only have to win one next weekend. Now they will more than likely have to win 2.

Overrated by who exactly? The RPI, do you really feel Iowa is not one of th 80 best teams in the country? The B10 standings?

Specifically about quality of wins regardless of RPI. MN was a bad team that day. IL is at times a bad team. IL caught IU on a bad night and IU wasn't taking them seriously.

Iowa has a credibility problem based on schedule as discussed on TV last night. IL wins are credible, but the team itself has huge gaping holes.

No one cares what Illini fans think about Hawk fans. You also don't care what a lot of Hawk fans think either, of which I am one. Just don't carry pom poms.

Winning over a top 40 RPI team without your starting pg looks good to the comittee, I'll take the win, not worried about style points, style points never kept Wisconsin out of the tournamente There will always be asterisks and committee approval. Neither team helped their style points last night. Iowa was in a close game with a team that has really struggled to score at times last night and throughout the season. Outside of team fans, people in general don't like to watch games where neither team can hit layups. Kind of like wrestling. Last night was a scrum game.

Groce's hire was likely a mistake for Illini fans of which I am not. Both Fran and Groce have similar backgrounds except for the connection to OSU and Motta. Groce has a stellar class coming on with this years high school juniors. Fran can't say the same.

We can disagree about D. I don't count scrum as anything but a gimmick defense that works against teams that aren't complete teams. Iowa plays scrum. If you are observant you would be really concerned about the lack of fundamentals on o and d with foot work, blocking out, screens, and posting. JO is really inconsistent on how he releases the ball. Why can he hit in practice but not in games. Some has to do with the fundamentals of the team he is practicing against. A bad 3 point d team jumps out and lunges making the shooter release more properly. Iowa does not properly/technically defend well. A lot of teams against Iowa don't need the 3 or are chucking 3's late to catch up like NW. Skews the stats as does playing them 2x.

Latest posts