Directed to Jon Miller

Or joins in because it's freaking twatter and it's completely meaningless. This is akin to someone killing my level 4 Palladin Mage with his level 7 Dragon-tiger just because he/she doesn't like me. Twitter is that level of stupid. The level of wtf you get if you had a funeral in real life for your level 4 Palladin Mage that was killed in World of Warcraft.

You certainly know a lot about WOW. Bet you were the king of Dungeons & Dragons back in the day.:cool:

There are some posters on here that are consistently negative, abrasive, confrontational, etc. They aren't going to change and I'm not interested in what they have to say so it's best if we just avoid discussions altogether. It doesn't mean we aren't all Hawk fans.

understood. I was curious because I never filter. I thought about filtering herby, but the in the end the entertainment value slightly outweighed the torrent of idiocy.

understood. I was curious because I never filter. I thought about filtering herby, but the in the end the entertainment value slightly outweighed the torrent of idiocy.

I should make one minor change in my other post. Some posters do change...posting habits anyway. I remove filters if the posts become more reasonable...don't have to agree just be reasonable about it.

The way I see it is nothing can offend you if you're comfortable with who you are. If a player was playing really good and someone told him he sucked, would he really be offended? I'm sure Zach is hurting but it has a lot more to do with his play than it does some random guy on Twitter. Be comfortable with who you are Zach, a decent 5-10 minute guy on a top 20 team in D1. That's better than most.

The way I see it is nothing can offend you if you're comfortable with who you are. If a player was playing really good and someone told him he sucked, would he really be offended? I'm sure Zach is hurting but it has a lot more to do with his play than it does some random guy on Twitter. Be comfortable with who you are Zach, a decent 5-10 minute guy on a top 20 team in D1. That's better than most.

I'm comfortable with who I am but can still be offended. I'm not a college age kid as my kid is in college. However, I can control my reaction and respond calmly...most of the time. When I was Zach's age my mouth could get away from me at times. I have no idea what I would have posted as a knee jerk reaction when I was 22...but I would have regretted some of it.

I don't think you understood what I meant by valid objection. I was saying you have a good point.

I apologize, I can't read AND comprehend. That is a lot to ask you know. I do agree that there really is no way to punish those types of people to make them change, they are who they are. We need TWITTER POLICE!

I apologize, I can't read AND comprehend. That is a lot to ask you know. I do agree that there really is no way to punish those types of people to make them change, they are who they are. We need TWITTER POLICE!

Can anyone on here explain to me the relevance of Twitter? If I want someone to know something I will email, text or call them. I don't need everybody or all my friends to know what I'm doing or thinking all the time. The same goes for Facebook. I just don't get the appeal of either. I would especially be careful of this type of social media if I were a high profile person of any kind.

With that said, it's almost time for Hawkeye basketball and that's about the only thing that can hopefully make this twitter mess go away along with the general tone of this board.

I'm comfortable with who I am but can still be offended. I'm not a college age kid as my kid is in college. However, I can control my reaction and respond calmly...most of the time. When I was Zach's age my mouth could get away from me at times. I have no idea what I would have posted as a knee jerk reaction when I was 22...but I would have regretted some of it.

Exactly. For example, I feel I am pretty good at what I do for a living, but if some doofus tries to tell me that I suck at it and am not doing my job, naturally I'm going to be thinking something along the lines of "Hey, now wait a second here. That's total BS." It has more to do with sticking up for myself than it does insecurity with who I am.

Can anyone on here explain to me the relevance of Twitter? If I want someone to know something I will email, text or call them. I don't need everybody or all my friends to know what I'm doing or thinking all the time. The same goes for Facebook. I just don't get the appeal of either. I would especially be careful of this type of social media if I were a high profile person of any kind.

With that said, it's almost time for Hawkeye basketball and that's about the only thing that can hopefully make this twitter mess go away along with the general tone of this board.

I don't have a Twitter account and never really understood the point of it, myself. From what I can tell, it's just a page where you can just post comments. Whatever is on your mind. Not that I think anybody cares what someone like me has to say, anyway.

I do have a Facebook account, but I don't honestly do much with it. I use it mainly to reconnect with a few old high school buddies, or to follow local restaurants and stuff that post info about certain events that are going on, etc. It's not a bad way to stay up to date on some stuff. Twitter seems utterly pointless to me, though.

If I was a public figure, I wouldn't have a social media account. I wouldn't want people contacting me directly, and if I posted comments, I would inevitably say something stupid sooner or later.

My attitude is that "privacy" and "internet" don't go together. If I don't want anybody knowing about it, I don't post it. I don't care what kind of privacy settings these sites claim to have.

I use Twitter solely to follow Iowa media, I have on sent a handful of tweets most arguing with cyclone fans. I get instant info regarding anything Iowa sports related.

Exactly. For example, I feel I am pretty good at what I do for a living, but if some doofus tries to tell me that I suck at it and am not doing my job, naturally I'm going to be thinking something along the lines of "Hey, now wait a second here. That's total BS." It has more to do with sticking up for myself than it does insecurity with who I am.

But imagine if you sucked at your job and people ripped on you. I would feel bad for you if that was the case. I have a hard time feeling bad for a person for getting made fun of for something he's better than 99% of the population at.

For the record I think the people that tweet at a person are douches and I don't think its that big of a deal he defended himself.

But imagine if you sucked at your job and people ripped on you. I would feel bad for you if that was the case. I have a hard time feeling bad for a person for getting made fun of for something he's better than 99% of the population at.

For the record I think the people that tweet at a person are douches and I don't think its that big of a deal he defended himself.

The only mistake Zach made is calling out Iowa fans as a whole. Whomever tweeted him is not what I would consider a fan, and does not represent 99.9% of the fan base. Iowa fans are a loyal group and one of the best fan bases in the county. Unfortunately it is the .1% that gives everyone else a bad name.

For the coaches, players, media, website guys, and others to try to turn this into an Iowa fan thing is dumb and irresponsible. It is a couple people who did this. Not the entire fan base.

The only mistake Zach made is calling out Iowa fans as a whole. Whomever tweeted him is not what I would consider a fan, and does not represent 99.9% of the fan base. Iowa fans are a loyal group and one of the best fan bases in the county. Unfortunately it is the .1% that gives everyone else a bad name.

For the coaches, players, media, website guys, and others to try to turn this into an Iowa fan thing is dumb and irresponsible. It is a couple people who did this. Not the entire fan base.

Not to mention the possibility that they weren't even fans at all or some college kids who were black out drunk and don't even remember doing it.

Or joins in because it's freaking twatter and it's completely meaningless. This is akin to someone killing my level 4 Palladin Mage with his level 7 Dragon-tiger just because he/she doesn't like me. Twitter is that level of stupid. The level of wtf you get if you had a funeral in real life for your level 4 Palladin Mage that was killed in World of Warcraft.

dude, I have no fricking clue what you just said. All I got was twitter is stupid and completely meaningless.

but i also feel that the 99.9% of the unrepresented fanbase is rational enough to understand where zach was coming from and didn't take it personally

dude, I have no fricking clue what you just said. All I got was twitter is stupid and completely meaningless.

Level up for you then.

I would have also accepted: Twitter is internet. Internet is serious business. or Wouldn't the cyber-bullying stopped if you got out of cyberspace?

Last edited:
but i also feel that the 99.9% of the unrepresented fanbase is rational enough to understand where zach was coming from and didn't take it personally

EXACTLY, this has been made into a bigger deal than it needs to be. I don't care what Jon Miller, Fred Hoiberg, or Melvin Ejim think about the situation. A couple knuckleheads tweeted at him, he responded, and then realized he shouldn't have and deleted it. ( I am sure I would have responded much worse than he did when I was 22) Who cares. It is over and done with. Time to move on, beat Minnesota tonight, and make a move deep in the NCAA tourney. BTW this team is going to the NCAA tournament. We should all be celebrating that.

Latest posts