Devon Archie

theboat

Heard Dolph say on the radio that he has made huge strides this year since being healthy. That is pretty cool to hear to get some more athleticism on the court next year. Also said he didn't play organized bball til his SR year which I was not aware of. Hopefully he can be the diamond in the rough sorta thing.

I heard Gary compare him to Kurt Looby which isnt exactly exciting. I think he will provide good energy on the defensive end but will be a non factor on offense

Well, I guess if that means Archie can come in, block some shots and get some rebounds, then that is something that we basically are missing right now. It sounds like he is going to be pretty raw offensively, so any points we get from him will be a plus I think. I don't expect him to start, but if he could even be like a Doug Thomas type of guy where he can come in off the bench and provide a spark, I can live with that.

I heard Gary compare him to Kurt Looby which isnt exactly exciting. I think he will provide good energy on the defensive end but will be a non factor on offense

If this is the case then the injury was a blessing-in-disguise for him given he has an extra year to develop.

Also said he didn't play organized bball til his SR year which I was not aware of. Hopefully he can be the diamond in the rough sorta thing.

Yep that's why I was glad they decided to redshirt him after being ill. I agree with others on this board that Archie should be a solid defender who wont start.

I'd take Doug Thomas in a heartbeat

I'd take Kurt Looby in a heartbeat too. We desperately need an inside defensive presence. If he turns out to be Dennis Rodman and never scores but grabs rebounds and plays solid defense, hey, we could use plenty of that.

I'd take Kurt Looby in a heartbeat too. We desperately need an inside defensive presence. If he turns out to be Dennis Rodman and never scores but grabs rebounds and plays solid defense, hey, we could use plenty of that.

I can think of a more relevant example to that.......currently playing in the NBA, I believe.

He is thin...not what you need in the B10....at least for being a force inside like we need. I agree with the comments we should of played him this year and freed up a scholarship for the "new guy" down the road.

He is thin...not what you need in the B10....at least for being a force inside like we need. I agree with the comments we should of played him this year and freed up a scholarship for the "new guy" down the road.

I always agree with that thinking.

If they aren't good enough to play right away in DI basketball then just burn the shirt and free up the scholly in 4 years.

I always think redshirting Angle that year was one of the dumbest things we could have done.

If they aren't good enough to play right away in DI basketball then just burn the shirt and free up the scholly in 4 years.

I always think redshirting Angle that year was one of the dumbest things we could have done.

Archie has 2 years left I think - we need a defensive presence but we cant afford to have an offensive black hole either. It doesnt seem like he is a great fit on this team but it isnt like we have a ton of other options

Maybe over the summer he can add 30 pounds of muscle, a 15 foot jumper and some low post moves. That isnt too much to ask right?

Agree on Angle but for Archie, it wasn't a playing ability issue, it was an injury issue. The thought was that he had lost over half the season by the time he was cleared to play. What do you do at that point? Burn the scholarship and play him when its already apparent that this is going to be a losing season or redshirt him and get him all of next year?

I don't think the coaches WANTED to redshirt him but they felt it would be a waste to play him and have to try work him in the rotation (a slow process with Lick). It would have essentially been a wasted season.
________
property in Pattaya

Last edited:
I am in the minority but I think this team actually needs an interior defender more than a pg, if the choice came down to only choosing one position. I don't know if Archie should have been offerred initially, but it wouldn't take much to improve over the interior defense being played this year.

Latest posts