Devon Archie

How would you all rate coles offensive skills(or even Brommer)? The only reason Jarryd is playing is because he works hard. He doesn't have very good hands. He is very very limited with his back to the bucket. And on defense I think is ok. If we add an athletic player that can block shots & rebound, then I will take him in a heartbeat. Our offense is based on our post players being able to set screens & crash the boards. Our offense is not based on catching the ball with your back to the bucket.

If Kurt Looby was a Hawkeye today, I think he would be starting over cole.

We shall see next year but as of now I am saying just let him play the BT season and use up his eligibility next year.

I hope Lick made the right choice but I be skeptical until next year. Hope I am wrong thinking this but I have a feeling I may be right.

How would you all rate coles offensive skills(or even Brommer)? The only reason Jarryd is playing is because he works hard. He doesn't have very good hands. He is very very limited with his back to the bucket. And on defense I think is ok. If we add an athletic player that can block shots & rebound, then I will take him in a heartbeat. Our offense is based on our post players being able to set screens & crash the boards. Our offense is not based on catching the ball with your back to the bucket.

If Kurt Looby was a Hawkeye today, I think he would be starting over cole.

True Cole is limited by lack of height and limited hands but he has shown the ability to catch the ball on the move and take a couple of dribbles to score. This is important in the offense since he sets so many screens. Plus he can use his muscle to finish around the basket. He also has hit some 15 foot jumpshots at times. On defense he has been good at positioning and using his strengh even though certain matchups he can't make up for the lack of height and gets called for a lot of fouls.

To address your question, Archie and Brommer may compete for the 4th post players minutes getting 5 minutes a game on average and more in certain matchups. The other will ride the pine unless an injury occurs.

Kind of my thinking. People here seem to think Archie is hogging the schollie of the second coming of Oscar Robinson. This team needs more role players who can contribute to the team positively, and less assuming we are going to start recruiting the best players in the country.

Iowa is now a school where projects end up.

What's interesting... most of the same people would have said the same about Lohaus - as a freshmen when he missed the dunk. Granted he had 4 years to develop... The point is still the same... players (especially bigs) need time to develop anyway... so I say why not redshirt him and get some needed depth at the post and allow the rest to continue to gain experience.

Latest posts