Dev: I was best B1G guard, not Stauskas

c'mon, drew, this isn't the football board. ;)

I don't get this comment or why everyone is offended by his comments and feels the need to attack a guy who they just cheered on for the last 4 years. Most successful people in competitive environments are successful, in part, because they think are the best. Confidence is a prerequisite for success. Marble just said it out loud. And he made similar comments during the season.

Pretty easy to come through when you have NBA wings on each side of you to take the pressure off, let's see Stauskas do it with a point guard who finished the year making 12 of his last 55 shots, a 2 guard who was the worst shooter in the country the previous year, the barroom brawler, and a ginger who won't take a shot outside of 5 feet from the hoop. I'd like to see that hoser come through then!

Well said. Stauskas also didn't have to facilitate/run offense like Marble did either. Marble had to play with the ball in his hands far more often.

They've played head to head a few times and know each others games. They aren't the same player and didn't have the same roles on their teams. I'm sure Stauskus would think the same thing if not say it too. He has a much more consistent jumper then Devin. His defense and ball handling isn't as good as Marble. What their potential is going forward is anyones guess. Marble is more versatile with his ball handling and experience of running the point. He's not as put together as Stauskus he really beefed up this last yr. So it will be interesting to see who has the better pro career. I don't see one way ahead of the other.

Exactly. Marble made 1, ONE, game-winning or tying shot his entire career, and it was the very last game of his career. And it wasn't for lack of opportunities that he didn't have more...

There's no way you're the best B10 guard when you can't come through in the clutch.

That is an astounding statistic!

They've played head to head a few times and know each others games. They aren't the same player and didn't have the same roles on their teams. I'm sure Stauskus would think the same thing if not say it too. He has a much more consistent jumper then Devin. His defense and ball handling isn't as good as Marble. What their potential is going forward is anyones guess. Marble is more versatile with his ball handling and experience of running the point. He's not as put together as Stauskus he really beefed up this last yr. So it will be interesting to see who has the better pro career. I don't see one way ahead of the other.

This makes sense.....

:rolleyes:

Eh. It's his way of motivating himself. So many people are afraid to express high expectations out loud because fear of failure. By stating things out loud you are committing yourself to trying to obtain your goals. Devyn was First Team All Big 10, he's got an arguable claim, so it is not ridiculous. If he wants to play in the NBA he's going to need to play with confidence and carry himself with the confidence that he belongs there.

Gotta have that confidence if you want to succeed.....

:rolleyes:

Pretty easy to come through when you have NBA wings on each side of you to take the pressure off, let's see Stauskas do it with a point guard who finished the year making 12 of his last 55 shots, a 2 guard who was the worst shooter in the country the previous year, the barroom brawler, and a ginger who won't take a shot outside of 5 feet from the hoop. I'd like to see that hoser come through then!

Yeah that true freshmen guard for Michigan really made Stauskas job easier......

Stauskas is a better shooter and passer. I'd even say he's more athletic and plays with more bounce too. I'd take him in the NBA over Devyn and so would every GM in basketball.

2014 NCAA Tournament:

Marble vs Tennessee - 7 points

Stauskas vs Wofford - 15 points
Stauskas vs Texas - 17 points
Stauskas vs Tennessee - 14 points
Stauskas vs Kentucky - 24 points

Sorry Dev, when the lights were the brightest, Stauskas was the better player.

Dammit, Miller, whar like button?

Exactly. Marble made 1, ONE, game-winning or tying shot his entire career, and it was the very last game of his career. And it wasn't for lack of opportunities that he didn't have more...

There's no way you're the best B10 guard when you can't come through in the clutch.

Stauskas had a killer instinct. Dev? Not so much.

Marble was definitely the most consistently good guard among the top 5, but he's not the best of the bunch and I really don't think that's debatable.

Yeah that true freshmen guard for Michigan really made Stauskas job easier......

Stauskas is a better shooter and passer. I'd even say he's more athletic and plays with more bounce too. I'd take him in the NBA over Devyn and so would every GM in basketball.

The guy who shot 41% from 3, yeah he sure did. I'd like to see what Marble could do surrounded by athletic wings who can shoot and drive.

The guy who shot 41% from 3, yeah he sure did. I'd like to see what Marble could do surrounded by athletic wings who can shoot and drive.

I, and most people, would argue he shot 41% because defenses were forced to focus on Stauskas and Stauskas did a good job of passing the ball (led the team in assists). Walton wasn't better than Gesell this year. Gesell was a better passer, pushed the ball down court as good as any PG in the Big 10 and was a better defender.

Walton was nothing more than a spot up shooter

I, and most people, would argue he shot 41% because defenses were forced to focus on Stauskas and Stauskas did a good job of passing the ball (led the team in assists). Walton wasn't better than Gesell this year. Gesell was a better passer, pushed the ball down court as good as any PG in the Big 10 and was a better defender.

Walton was nothing more than a spot up shooter

I don't think Gesell could shoot 41% from 3 if he was all alone in the gym. Not to mention Robinson and Levert are both better than anyone else on Iowa.

NBA vs. Turkey......I'll take even a bench player in the NBA over the Turkish league MVP.

Just not sure you have to tell people your the best if you are the best. People tend to already know it

Latest posts