Dev: I was best B1G guard, not Stauskas

Was this attitude showing up in the Iowa locker room and at practices?? He has great career stats and he probably was the top or 2nd best guard but all this boasting now makes me wonder.

He got a lot of points on a lot of shots and a lot of free throw attempts.

Eh. It's his way of motivating himself. So many people are afraid to express high expectations out loud because fear of failure. By stating things out loud you are committing yourself to trying to obtain your goals. Devyn was First Team All Big 10, he's got an arguable claim, so it is not ridiculous. If he wants to play in the NBA he's going to need to play with confidence and carry himself with the confidence that he belongs there.

Last edited:
Two head to head games:

Marble 19.5 ppg, 8/15 3's, 9/10 FT's
Stauskas 18 ppg, 5/12 3's, 9/10 FT's

Interesting way of determining the best guard in the conference.....

There were a lot of good guards in the league this past year. Each were great at different things. I would put Devyn up there with any of them.

2014 NCAA Tournament:

Marble vs Tennessee - 7 points

Stauskas vs Wofford - 15 points
Stauskas vs Texas - 17 points
Stauskas vs Tennessee - 14 points
Stauskas vs Kentucky - 24 points

Sorry Dev, when the lights were the brightest, Stauskas was the better player.

2014 NCAA Tournament:

Exactly. Marble made 1, ONE, game-winning or tying shot his entire career, and it was the very last game of his career. And it wasn't for lack of opportunities that he didn't have more...

There's no way you're the best B10 guard when you can't come through in the clutch.

Eh. It's his way of motivating himself. So many people are afraid to express high expectations out loud because fear of failure. By stating things out loud you are committing yourself to trying to obtain your goals. Devyn was First Team All Big 10, he's got an arguable claim, so it is not ridiculous. If he wants to play in the NBA he's going to need to play with confidence and carry himself with the confidence that he belongs there.

c'mon, drew, this isn't the football board. ;)

2014 NCAA Tournament:

Pretty easy to come through when you have NBA wings on each side of you to take the pressure off, let's see Stauskas do it with a point guard who finished the year making 12 of his last 55 shots, a 2 guard who was the worst shooter in the country the previous year, the barroom brawler, and a ginger who won't take a shot outside of 5 feet from the hoop. I'd like to see that hoser come through then!

Latest posts