Des Moines Lincoln High School Coach Update

He had a drill where he would tell the players they needed to get low, like Chris Street did when he got hit by the snowplow. He would tell guys they just got ran over like Chris Street as well.

You got to be ******* kidding me! What does Chris Street have to do with this guy and his football program at all? And what kid in this day and age knows Chris Street and who he was? That is a slap in the face to the Street family and to Chris's memory.

He had a drill where he would tell the players they needed to get low, like Chris Street did when he got hit by the snowplow. He would tell guys they just got ran over like Chris Street as well.

wow, that's classy. the only people that talk like that have some huge ax to grind. wonder what his problem is?

Anyone who thinks this is normal beahvior is wrong. I'm ok wiht making the kid apologize and do some running but that coach should never coach again let alone be anywhere near a school and influencing any child.

Anyone who thinks this is normal beahvior is wrong. I'm ok wiht making the kid apologize and do some running but that coach should never coach again let alone be anywhere near a school and influencing any child.

I think Mihavolich is toast. Humiliating teenagers in front of their peers just isn't done anymore. Times have changed and the old ways aren't used anymore. He should have approached the kid one-on-one in private and disciplined him that way.

He will be fired by the Des Moines School System. They are taking their time to assemble the strongest possible case against him.

I think Mihavolich is toast. Humiliating teenagers in front of their peers just isn't done anymore. Times have changed and the old ways aren't used anymore. He should have approached the kid one-on-one in private and disciplined him that way.

He will be fired by the Des Moines School System. They are taking their time to assemble the strongest possible case against him.

If the kid didn't want to be humiliated in front of his peers he should have said he nasty things about them in a tweet that anybody can read. Add on top of it he did it while at the valley/dialing game instead if going to watch his teammates play. I say the kid got what he deserved and he should have been made to applogize for the crap he said about them. As for the other stuff it has no effect on what he did here and the sissy kid go what he deserved.

If the kid didn't want to be humiliated in front of his peers he should have said he nasty things about them in a tweet that anybody can read. Add on top of it he did it while at the valley/dialing game instead if going to watch his teammates play. I say the kid got what he deserved and he should have been made to applogize for the crap he said about them. As for the other stuff it has no effect on what he did here and the sissy kid go what he deserved.

don't hold back now...

do you know the kid or the situation?

Although deep down I kinda agree with you, times have changed. You can't use these tactics anymore on teenagers. Heck, coaches are now taking training from "experts" telling them what to do and what not to do when disciplining their kids. The old days of Bob Knight and Woody Hayes are long gone. Mihavolich should have known that. This was inevitable and was going to happen sooner or later.

Who the hell thinks like this while simultaneously living in civilized society. A school football coach shouldn't act like a prison gang leader.

Hey dudes, I looked at the report to read about the "Chris Street drill." In the ultimate sign of competence of whoever "redacted" that thing, if you cut and paste the text into a word document, all the black boxes they put in it are removed and you can read it in its entirety. If that thing is supposed to be "redacted" for purposes of complying with some law against disclosing the names of minors, the morons who published it better go back and actually redact it. This is document production 101 stuff here.

Who the hell thinks like this while simultaneously living in civilized society. A school football coach shouldn't act like a prison gang leader.

I guess i holding a kid responsible for being stupid is a prison gang leader....shows how little you know about everything.

The Des Moines Public Schools Human Resources Department is a joke, seriously they say corperal punishment because the kid was made to run because he messed up. To me the kid got minimal punishment for the crap he did. The kid and his mommy should be ashamed of themselves here....good lord what a total joke this is.

For real??

I'm guessing you don't have kids.

Last edited:
I guess i holding a kid responsible for being stupid is a prison gang leader....shows how little you know about everything.

So if one of these varsity players beats the living hell out of this kid with a bat on a dark street, I suppose he's just getting what he deserves. If you think kids at Lincoln are above this, look at the rap sheet of Lil' Bernstein. Mihalovich's actions were reckless and grossly negligent, way beyond reasonable conduct as a professional.

Ghost wins. TC loses. Badly. It's 2012, brother.

So if one of these varsity players beats the living hell out of this kid with a bat on a dark street, I suppose he's just getting what he deserves. If you think kids at Lincoln are above this, look at the rap sheet of Lil' Bernstein. Mihalovich's actions were reckless and grossly negligent, way beyond reasonable conduct as a professional.

Ghost wins. TC loses. Badly. It's 2012, brother.

Exactly!! I don't know anyone who would think this is okay. I'm actually shocked by the first 3 or 4 post to this thread, blasting this, really wtf. That is crazy....

Although deep down I kinda agree with you, times have changed. You can't use these tactics anymore on teenagers. Heck, coaches are now taking training from "experts" telling them what to do and what not to do when disciplining their kids. The old days of Bob Knight and Woody Hayes are long gone. Mihavolich should have known that. This was inevitable and was going to happen sooner or later.

You should a little nostalgic about the days when sadism was swept under the carpet because the coach was a "winner".

Ugh..the more I read into this the more I think my initial assessment was wrong. Guy does sound like a nut job.

The kid did something stupid. And maybe he is a mouthy little sh**, I don't know. He's a kid.

But you... act like an adult (and a teacher) and discipline him properly. Maybe he runs, maybe you bench him or suspend him from the team, make him apologize to his teammates before you allow him to rejoin. Lots of acceptable ways to get it done, and be 100% in the right.

You DON'T act like an abusive *** and sick the whole varsity team on him, humiliate him repeatedly, and you sure as hell don't threaten him (either directly or thru your other kids) with violence. You act like an adult, and handle it like an adult.

The Coach has sunk to the same level of that which he is criticizing...actually worse. Because the bar is higher for an adult...and especially for a teacher.

I do apologize. When the initial news report hit this afternoon, the full transcripts weren't included. It basically said the kid got ran for a while and so on. After more got released, I definitely see some things that weren't on the up and up. I've been busy tonight so this is the first I have been able to read further into it. Guess the coach really was a wacko.

The kid did something stupid. And maybe he is a mouthy little sh**, I don't know. He's a kid.

But you... act like an adult (and a teacher) and discipline him properly. Maybe he runs, maybe you bench him or suspend him from the team, make him apologize to his teammates before you allow him to rejoin. Lots of acceptable ways to get it done, and be 100% in the right.

You DON'T act like an abusive *** and sick the whole varsity team on him, humiliate him repeatedly, and you sure as hell don't threaten him (either directly or thru your other kids) with violence. You act like an adult, and handle it like an adult.

The Coach has sunk to the same level of that which he is criticizing...actually worse. Because the bar is higher for an adult...and especially for a teacher.

Seems like a good time to teach these kids about the Nuremburg Defense, too. I mean, they did engage in a conspiracy to harm this other kid, the fact they were told to do so by an adult is irrelevant. Any of them that is 18 should get rung up, they ain't exactly innocent.

Latest posts