Derrell Johnson-Koulianos

There is nothing I have seen that has made me think what he was doing was causing rifts in the team. Like Jon had said, the only issue that would really warrant all of this. It really just seemed like an old traditionalist personality clashing with a young flamboyant personality. How do you not let this kid stat his final regular season game? It really seems like KF took one last petty shot at showing him who the boss is. Disappointing to say the least. Thanks for all the years of hard work DJK. You are my favorite Hawkeye since Bob Sanders hands down! DJK ALL THE WAY BABY!

Did KF really say that Sandeman "had a better week of practice?"
What a joke if true.
If so, I just lost 50% of the respect I have for KF. Sorry but that's downright idiotic.
I love Sandeman but he's not 1/10 of the player DJK is.
All DJK has done for 4 years is play his *** off, give 100% for the team and become the greatest Hawk receiver of all time.

Pardon me but give me an F-ing break Kirk.

DJK will always be known as the guy that made a coach go out of his way to punish him for being different. Ferentz did a disservice to DJK and to this team by being so hellbent on punishing him and making him not speak his mind.

DJK > Ferentz.

Thank You.
You played your butt off.
You showed tremendous heart, you showed fire.
You lived up to the MPOD name that you created.
Heck of a game today. yes football is not an individual sport but you stood out today.
Gonna hate to see this guy go.

Hope to see the same in the Bowl game.

Thanks for being a Hawk.
If DJK had done some of the things James has done he probably would've been kicked off the team. But all DJK did was make plays and refuse to adopt KF's ethic of "losing with class".

Obviously noone buys Ferentz's reasoning for starting Sandeman. What I don't understand is why Ferentz was okay with telling the world that AROB was screwing up in class last week, but can't ever give us a straight answer with Koulianos. Really, given all that has gone on with these 2 over the last four years, Koulianos has no choice but to speak his side b/c right now the only inference we can conclude is that Koulianos is a selfish screwup who can't be trusted to speak to the media and can't practice hard enought to keep a starting spot. Right now that is the only side of the story, so Ferentz is leaving Koulianos with no choice but to defend himself once he is free to speak to the press. Makes no sense. If Koulianos is such a screwup than Ferentz should have benched him for a longer period of time when he was younger and give some ultimatiums to fix the behavior instead of these ever other week nonsensical personnel decisions. If DJK is falling asleep in meetings or mouthing off to a coach, or flat out loafing it in practice his butt should be benched, period. If he's not doing these things, and we know he's not breaking the law like, for example, the coache's kid, then everything should be in-house instead of publicly not starting him for a series. By doing this Ferentz is specifically making it a public display of punishment and, therefore, needs to explain (just like he did with AROB last week).

I dont know all of what has put him in the doghouse...but unless he is dividing the team, sometimes you have to let stars be stars. John Freaking Wooden once said that not all players are treated equal.

Sometimes you have to admit that you are older, and dont get the younger crowd...and let a player be a player.

The key of what you have to say is your first line. You don't know the situation, so why compare KF to JW, or comment at all?

Thank You.
You played your butt off.
You showed tremendous heart, you showed fire.
You lived up to the MPOD name that you created.
Heck of a game today. yes football is not an individual sport but you stood out today.
Gonna hate to see this guy go.

Hope to see the same in the Bowl game.

Thanks for being a Hawk.

+1

DJK is one of my favorite players of all time. I really hope that after the bowl game that DJK either comes out with a book or gives a huge interview to tell about all of the BS going on in the program and obviously why coach ferentz treated him so poorly.

If DJK had done some of the things James has done he probably would've been kicked off the team. But all DJK did was make plays and refuse to adopt KF's ethic of "losing with class".

That is awsome man!
yes DJK is > than coach ferentz

On the topic of thanking seniors I am thankfull for Reisner. I feel that he gave his best all year long.

The key of what you have to say is your first line. You don't know the situation, so why compare KF to JW, or comment at all?

He made it pretty clear that if he's not dividing the team, then perhaps KF should have let him be himself a little more. That's pretty fair, IMO. He's never been arrested, and Ferentz came out and said A-Rob was having academic issues last week (never done that in DJK's case). The coaches have also praised DJK's practice habits (Soup did that when I called into the Wednesday call-in show a few weeks ago). So what is it?

And KF's reasoning for not starting DJK was "Sandeman had a better week of practice." I think KF and his fat cat salary underestimate this fanbase...We're not as dumb as we look.

Wait...do you mean to tell me that Colin "Fair Catch" Sandeman started over DJK?

Is that true?

OMFG. That is just indefensible.

Allen Iverson was dead on right about "practice."

No wonder we suck.

Part of me wishes he won't have a "tell-all", but he almost has to.

Kinda like Drew Tate spilling his guts in a that interview/article after he left the program......Probably needs to be said......debating on if I really need to know.

Latest posts