De'Andre Johnson in trouble again, arrested.

link to police report?

the des moines register article has the addresses in it.... its funny though because they say he "finally came to a stop at 1016 w. benton" even they make it sound like the dude was on the run... but he traveled all of 2 blocks. it also says he pulled into a parking lot, which to me says: atleast he was pulling of the road so a cop doesnt get hit....

i dunno, the whole thing just sounds bizzare to me.

the des moines register article has the addresses in it.... its funny though because they say he "finally came to a stop at 1016 w. benton" even they make it sound like the dude was on the run... but he traveled all of 2 blocks. it also says he pulled into a parking lot, which to me says: atleast he was pulling of the road so a cop doesnt get hit....

i dunno, the whole thing just sounds bizzare to me.

If I had to guess, I think the eluding charge gets dropped, I would challenge the radar as well just on the mere fact that it was only a couple of blocks so he would have had to got up to 60 and then slowed all the way down in a short amount of time. The radar could have been inaccurate. Im sure he was still going way over the speed limit though. Probably gets a suspended license and a big fine.

If I had to guess, I think the eluding charge gets dropped, I would challenge the radar as well just on the mere fact that it was only a couple of blocks so he would have had to got up to 60 and then slowed all the way down in a short amount of time. The radar could have been inaccurate. Im sure he was still going way over the speed limit though. Probably gets a suspended license and a big fine.

I agree. I'm not saying he wasn't speeding. Anyone who's ever been on a motorcycle knows how easy it is to get to 50-60mph in very little time. Nearly everyone is guilty of it who's ever driven one. I only brought this up because I just can't grasp the "eluding" part in only two blocks... thats two blocks at 60mph back to 0, it takes longer to get back to stopped than anything. If the addresses are correct, eluding is a crock.

Am I the only one that thinks this is the proverbial mountain out of a molehill here? The party is a non-issue for me. The "eluding" I don't even understand. Are they trying to say he (1) didn't pull over fast enough or (2) was actually trying to outrun the police?

The combo of events and the attention is what got him suspended. However, at the end of the day, these instances seem fairly benign. The eluding charge might be just complete BS.

Am I the only one that thinks this is the proverbial mountain out of a molehill here? The party is a non-issue for me. The "eluding" I don't even understand. Are they trying to say he (1) didn't pull over fast enough or (2) was actually trying to outrun the police?

The combo of events and the attention is what got him suspended. However, at the end of the day, these instances seem fairly benign. The eluding charge might be just complete BS.

Given our issues in the past, this isn't a good sign. Cut him now and keep TRYING to send the message that this crap doesn't fly here!

I'm actually starting to align with this thinking too. He's still a dumb *** and I wouldn't care if we booted him.

I agree

guys, he tried to hide from thr cops behind a parked car. its not ab issue of how far he ran.

At the end of the day, the kid is still a 19 yo teenager. kids make mistakes and misuse judgement often. It is not new, and unfortunately is how lessons are taught. Not saying was smart or it is okay, just saying things happen. The whole eluding thing sounds pretty fishy though. I hope he is able to work past these things and rejoin the team soon, whether he is an asset to US [;)]or not.

I agree. I'm not saying he wasn't speeding. Anyone who's ever been on a motorcycle knows how easy it is to get to 50-60mph in very little time. Nearly everyone is guilty of it who's ever driven one. I only brought this up because I just can't grasp the "eluding" part in only two blocks... thats two blocks at 60mph back to 0, it takes longer to get back to stopped than anything. If the addresses are correct, eluding is a crock.

He accelerated very quickly to put some space between him and the cop, then quickly pulled into a driveway between a car and a hedge, hoping not to be seen. Then claimed a false name lived at the address.

Totally not eluding.

At the end of the day, the kid is still a 19 yo teenager. kids make mistakes and misuse judgement often. It is not new, and unfortunately is how lessons are taught. Not saying was smart or it is okay, just saying things happen. The whole eluding thing sounds pretty fishy though. I hope he is able to work past these things and rejoin the team soon, whether he is an asset to US [;)]or not.

He is 20 years old, but I do agree with the fishiness. I bet he just zipped forward and then the cops turned their lights on, I don't think he was trying to outrun them in that short time.

He accelerated very quickly to put some space between him and the cop, then quickly pulled into a driveway between a car and a hedge, hoping not to be seen. Then claimed a false name lived at the address.

Totally not eluding.

remind me of any official report that said be pulled in to a drive way behind a car and a hedge hoping not to be seen...

everything i've read said he pulled into a parking lot...

im not saying the kid is smart, im not saying he's not guilty.
im saying eluding in 2 blocks in damn near impossible according to the info the report gives.

Latest posts