De'Andre Johnson in trouble again, arrested.

I must be officially done caring who our running backs will be, because when I saw this it didn't elicit much of a response of any kind... I just expect it now.

I've adopted the running back philosophy of the NFL teams that get their running backs off the waiver wire. Whoever is here will play... don't really care who it is.

Soooo let me see if I've got this right. A 20 yo had a party-ok like 3/4 of the student body at Iowa. It was noisy...nothing else illegal apparently happened but they found my Red Solo cups in the front yd and a couple of beer bottles. Hmmm that's very serious indeed..you are sighted for "DISORDERLY HOUSE"!!! The IC police need to put their big girl pants on and quit trying to make headlines where there aren't any.

#2 hmmm he was caught speeding. Police turned on lights and sirens and he began to pull away...thought better of it and pulled over for the cops. Ok that's usually a fine...my wife was picked up speeding 2x times last year does that mean she's a threat to society?! He lied about visiting a friend at the place he pulled over at. Are YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! Fine him suspend his license and be FREAKIN done with it. Again IC cops need to put on the big girl panties and handle things appropriately. YOU ARE IN A COLLEGE TOWN KIDS DO STUPID **** LIKE THIS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME! Are you going to kick every kid out of school because stuff like this! Seems somewhat discriminatory by the U to chase athletes only off.

Yeah, it's all the cop's fault. Jezzuz, he was going 60 in a 25. Are they supposed to look the other way?

What an idiot.

You are correct stupid thing to do fine him, suspend his license teach him a lesson. Are you going to chase every kid off campus for the same incident? Or just athletes?

This is interesting considering the University Heights cops are the more lenient ones on game days. Unlike IC you can walk down Melrose in UH with an open beer and they just walk on by.

I must be officially done caring who our running backs will be, because when I saw this it didn't elicit much of a response of any kind... I just expect it now.

I've adopted the running back philosophy of the NFL teams that get their running backs off the waiver wire. Whoever is here will play... don't really care who it is.

This is the correct answer & has been for many many years.
RB is the most overrated position on the field.

Soooo let me see if I've got this right. A 20 yo had a party-ok like 3/4 of the student body at Iowa. It was noisy...nothing else illegal apparently happened but they found my Red Solo cups in the front yd and a couple of beer bottles. Hmmm that's very serious indeed..you are sighted for "DISORDERLY HOUSE"!!! The IC police need to put their big girl pants on and quit trying to make headlines where there aren't any.

#2 hmmm he was caught speeding. Police turned on lights and sirens and he began to pull away...thought better of it and pulled over for the cops. Ok that's usually a fine...my wife was picked up speeding 2x times last year does that mean she's a threat to society?! He lied about visiting a friend at the place he pulled over at. Are YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! Fine him suspend his license and be FREAKIN done with it. Again IC cops need to put on the big girl panties and handle things appropriately. YOU ARE IN A COLLEGE TOWN KIDS DO STUPID **** LIKE THIS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME! Are you going to kick every kid out of school because stuff like this! Seems somewhat discriminatory by the U to chase athletes only off.

I agree. They should just let people in IC break the law whenever they choose. They should also just get rid of the cops because they do their jobs to well.

This is the correct answer & has been for many many years.
RB is the most overrated position on the field.

Really, I would have loved to have a shonn green most every year who could have taken us to a near undefeated record in 2008.

And last year if Adam Robinson is the starter with Coker giving him big bash relief I bet we win a couple more games.

And freddy russell and jermelle lewis ran all over people in 02 and 03.

Should be kicked off for just being an idiot if not for the running from cops. Damn that's crazy. I say show him the door and open up a scholly for some kid that's willing to work hard and keep his nose clean for a week strait not just 1 day out of 3. Doesn't Penn ST have some RBs looking around?? haha

Well, there are so many IC cops that you have to consider that they have very little to do during the summer so they enjoy targeting football players. Also, with the rest of the black students leaving during the summer it is likely that their race targets are football players.

Wow. STupid reply above. If there were credible correlational evidence of Johnson county law enforcement doing racial and sports profiling you would have the story all over the papers especially the DI.

Were you there to see if you could even observe he was a young black man on the cycle. With long jeans, long shirt sleeves and a helment how can you tell?

Going 60 in a 25 zone in residential area is totally stupid and the police BETTER pick him up and cite him. Fine him if first offense or suspend his license if multiple offenses. If he had hit a little kid every ones reaction would be totally different.

As far as the noisy house, maybe it was noisy and rude to the neighbors. Why would they all run from the cops and not answer the door.

And I think Ferentz at first said the right thing "there will be consequences" but then blew it by saying the sarcastic "did he also sneeze". Somewhat belittling the police's work and trying to minimize the issue when college campuses have the spotlight on them.

Well, there are so many IC cops that you have to consider that they have very little to do during the summer so they enjoy targeting football players. Also, with the rest of the black students leaving during the summer it is likely that their race targets are football players.

Or they attempt to stop people that are stupid enough to do 60 in a 25.

Athletes are watched by the cops, theres no doubt about it. I know the cops are "doing" their jobs, but football players cant take a **** without the cops checking in if theyre doing it properly.

But the IC cops are bad, "No smoking in the parking lots during tailgating."? Ya up by finkbine cops told a bunch of people to put out their cigs because its university property? Wow what rule!

You cant even carry a beer around without some dbag cop forcing you to take a breathalyzer. "im 21 officer and were tailgating, what am I doing wrong?" But ya 60 in a 25 is stupid though.

Yes, the police made him go 60 in a 25...

Athletes are watched by the cops, theres no doubt about it. I know the cops are "doing" their jobs, but football players cant take a **** without the cops checking in if theyre doing it properly.

But the IC cops are bad, "No smoking in the parking lots during tailgating."? Ya up by finkbine cops told a bunch of people to put out their cigs because its university property? Wow what rule!

You cant even carry a beer around without some dbag cop forcing you to take a breathalyzer. "im 21 officer and were tailgating, what am I doing wrong?" But ya 60 in a 25 is stupid though.

You know, the smoking thing is a state law, right? If you want to change that, complain to your state reps, not the UI.

That being said, one of the key problems with Kinnick is the lack of good off campus tailgate spots that are close to the stadium. While people at Iowa are used to partying on campus, at a lot of other schools the partying happens off campus.

Athletes are watched by the cops, theres no doubt about it. I know the cops are "doing=" their jobs, but football players cant take a **** without the cops checking in if theyre doing it properly. But the IC cops are bad,="No smoking in the parking lots during tailgating.="? Ya up by finkbine cops told a bunch of people to put out their cigs because its university property? Wow what rule!You cant even carry a beer around without some dbag cop forcing you to take a breathalyzer.="im 21 officer and were tailgating, what am I doing wrong?=" But ya 60 in a 25 is stupid though.
You know, the smoking thing is a state law, right? If you want to change that, complain to your state reps, not the UI.That being said, one of the key problems with Kinnick is the lack of good off campus tailgate spots that are close to the stadium. While people at Iowa are used to partying on campus, at a lot of other schools the partying happens off campus.
=

I thought theres no smoking inside public places, but outside is ok.

07-29-2012 10:39 AMBergHawk7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAARHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergHawk7
Athletes are watched by the cops, theres no doubt about it. I know the cops are "doing=" their jobs, but football players cant take a **** without the cops checking in if theyre doing it properly. But the IC cops are bad,="No smoking in the parking lots during tailgating.="? Ya up by finkbine cops told a bunch of people to put out their cigs because its university property? Wow what rule!You cant even carry a beer around without some dbag cop forcing you to take a breathalyzer.="im 21 officer and were tailgating, what am I doing wrong?=" But ya 60 in a 25 is stupid though.
You know, the smoking thing is a state law, right? If you want to change that, complain to your state reps, not the UI.That being said, one of the key problems with Kinnick is the lack of good off campus tailgate spots that are close to the stadium. While people at Iowa are used to partying on campus, at a lot of other schools the partying happens off campus.
=

I thought theres no smoking inside public places, but outside is ok.

Can't smoke on any university property. Inside or out.

No, you do not "got this right."
He had a party at his house. No big deal there. But when the cops asked to speak with him to tell him to quiet down he refused to come to the door making things worse. A lot worse? No. Disorderly house charge. BFD.

Now he hops on his bike and takes off like a nut up to 60 mph in a 25 zone. Cop tries to stop him and he tries to elude him. He didn't just "pull over for the cops." He ducked into a parking lot and laid the bike down in some grass in an attempt to hide. Then made up some lie about why he was in the parking lot.

I now know some things about this kid. He is irresponsible. When he makes a mistake he tries to hide instead of manning up and accepting punishment. He has poor judgement and compounds bad situations into worse ones.

If I were KF I would be very tempted to boot him. He's young, and he's far away from home for the first time. At the very least there should be some suspension levied against him. It would all depend on his attitude.

It's nobody's fault but De'Andre's. It ain't the fault of the cops for picking on him. Yes, somebody needs to "put on big girl panties" and it aint the cops.

Can we all agree on the following assertion?
DeAndre Johnson has displayed flagrant immaturity lately, and needs to recognize this (own it) and make some changes (ie, grow the fk up ASAP).

Latest posts