De'Andre Johnson in trouble again, arrested.

Funny thing was, Johnson passed Seth Olsen checking out a crime scene on his moped and the cops never even noticed. The cops are only interested in current Iowa players.

Also see racial bias.

In Iowa, eluding while traveling 20+ mph over the speed limit is a class D felony. Also, since the county attorney here does not find it necessary to review the charges filed by local officers, he could well start off with a felony charge.

Rob Howe ‏@HawkeyeInsider
K. Ferentz suspends De'Andre Johnson from all team activities effective immediately according to UI release #Iowa #Hawkeyes
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

So anyone here at Hawkeye Nation, run anything close to a 4.5 40 yard dash and NOT have a hankering to get arrested? If you do, feel free to give Kirk Ferentz call, I hear a position has opened up.

No, you do not "got this right."
He had a party at his house. No big deal there. But when the cops asked to speak with him to tell him to quiet down he refused to come to the door making things worse. A lot worse? No. Disorderly house charge. BFD.

Now he hops on his bike and takes off like a nut up to 60 mph in a 25 zone. Cop tries to stop him and he tries to elude him. He didn't just "pull over for the cops." He ducked into a parking lot and laid the bike down in some grass in an attempt to hide. Then made up some lie about why he was in the parking lot.

I now know some things about this kid. He is irresponsible. When he makes a mistake he tries to hide instead of manning up and accepting punishment. He has poor judgement and compounds bad situations into worse ones.

If I were KF I would be very tempted to boot him. He's young, and he's far away from home for the first time. At the very least there should be some suspension levied against him. It would all depend on his attitude.

It's nobody's fault but De'Andre's. It ain't the fault of the cops for picking on him. Yes, somebody needs to "put on big girl panties" and it aint the cops.

If you've seen more details than I have fine. Certainly sounds that way. He at a minimum is guilty of being an idiot. You are correct it's D'andre's no doubt. I'm NOT excusing him for being stupid and he should be punished for being stupid is as stupid does. My excoriation was more pointed at the fact that there is a double standard apparently. Do you REALLY believe that a trustee or regent's kid doesn't do the same things and I'm betting they don't get shown the door like athletes.

does anyone else think it's odd that he was "eluding" officers when he got pulled over literally 2 blocks from his house.... they said he pulled out of his driveway and thats when they saw him.

im not making excuses for the kid, but i know when im on my bike everyone once in a while i will get on it real quick in town. and im assuming he had a crotch rocket and im also going to assume its quicker than my harley, my point being my bike can get to 60mph really really quick.

the fact that he was pulled over after traveling no more than two blocks means, he went 0-60 and had to come to a complete stop in under 2 blocks, i feel like that is hardly trying to run from the police.

i know i dont know all the details, but honestly if you google map the distance, it says this ".2 miles, 24seconds OR walk 4 mins" that is not a a real long trip.

does anyone else think it's odd that he was "eluding" officers when he got pulled over literally 2 blocks from his house.... they said he pulled out of his driveway and thats when they saw him.

im not making excuses for the kid, but i know when im on my bike everyone once in a while i will get on it real quick in town. and im assuming he had a crotch rocket and im also going to assume its quicker than my harley, my point being my bike can get to 60mph really really quick.

the fact that he was pulled over after traveling no more than two blocks means, he went 0-60 and had to come to a complete stop in under 2 blocks, i feel like that is hardly trying to run from the police.

i know i dont know all the details, but honestly if you google map the distance, it says this ".2 miles, 24seconds OR walk 4 mins" that is not a a real long trip.

I think maybe the fact that they found him hiding under a car had something to do with it.................. Nah the police wouldn't have a problem with you ditching you're biking and then hiding under a parked car when they try and pull you over for speeding would they?

Latest posts