De'Andre Johnson dismissed

August 1, 2012

JOHNSON DISMISSED FROM IOWA FOOTBALL

IOWA CITY, IOWA - - University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz announced Wednesday that sophomore running back De’Andre Johnson has been dismissed from the program.

“I am disappointed that things didn’t work out better for De’Andre,” said Ferentz. “We wish him all the best moving forward.”

Johnson played in four games in 2011, rushing 18 times for 79 yards.

Dang. Ban Hammer. kakkert said this would happen when I heard him on the radio yesterday but I didn't believe it.

You can't mess up twice in three days like that when eyes are on the program, especially the RB position. What is more sad is KF took a chance on him when they could have had James White (wisky) instead. Whichever committed first was Iowa's and White was said to be down to Iowa/Wisky (of course no guarantee he would choose Iowa).

I suppose this is a stupid question but: Does something like this void the young mans' scholarship as well?

Well so we know one of the freshman will be in the 2 deep right away. Probably Hill since he has been here all summer.

I agree that any kid that trips up like that isn't too bright and probably isn't worthy of a scholly. That said if a high profile kid lets throw out Vandenberg for the sake of hypothetical land had done same thing...Would Ferentz do the same thing? I hope he would.

I have a feeling that he was already in Kirk's doghouse to begin with. He got passed by a lot of freshman. Probably wasn't just do to running ability.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. The next player who returns to the team after being "suspended indefinitely from team activities" will be the first.

I have a feeling that he was already in Kirk's doghouse to begin with. He got passed by a lot of freshman. Probably wasn't just do to running ability.

That's true he'd been around long enough to have been in it already. Could have been that when they had a sit down about what all had happened the two didn't see eye to eye either.

Johnson earned the dismisal and should only be upset with himself. Just idiotic decisions. Kudos to Kirk for making the right move and for making it now.

Latest posts