De'Andre Johnson dismissed

If Lynch comes, don't you just about have to redshirt one of them? Three guys bunched up at the same position in the same class isn't ideal.

Hopefully Lynch transfers to Iowa. Right now UNI's depth chart at RB looks better then Iowa's. Really need to keep all current RB's healthy through the non-conference portion of the schedule.

If Lynch comes, don't you just about have to redshirt one of them? Three guys bunched up at the same position in the same class isn't ideal.

Didn't somebody say something like this last year? "Three RB'S? What in the world are we going to do with three RB's?" :p

You know, anyone on the team right now that is a hafway decent running back has got to know that the carries and playing time are there, as long as they can stay injusr free and eligible academically , while keeping their nose clean from a legal standpoint. At this point, how stupid would a RB on our team be if he couldn't stay out of legal trouble.

Of course, you could have said that before Johnson had his issues as well. But at that point he was one of the people keeping others from getting more PT, supposedly. Not anymore.

Didn't somebody say something like this last year? "Three RB'S? What in the world are we going to do with three RB's?" :p

Exactly. What are the odds all RBs make it out of camp healthy? It'll be our luck one of them goes swimming at Coralville and contracts the flesh eating virus and loses a leg...

gotta swim in the river for the flesh disease.

coralville is where you get water mites swimming up your wang hole

Last I checked Coralville Lake is there because they dammed the Iowa River. So technically if you swim at Coralville Lake you are swimming in the Iowa River.

Hope there is more to this story because I would hate for a two strike precedent to be in place should Garmon get in trouble sometime soon.

So, by my count, for the season opener we've got...Barkley HillDamon BullockAndre DawsonMichael Malloy (in a pinch?)Brad Rogers...as possible running backs, barring any transfers.

Are wet more just openly mocking and challenging airbhg!? May as well list their addresses too. we're screwed.

I know this is most likely not why Johnson was dismissed, but what if Lynch told Ferentz he will transfer to Iowa without making it public. Then Ferentz could have decided to open a spot up for him by dismissing Johnson who was already in trouble. It makes sense, but I don't see it as something Kirk would do.

Lynch > Iowa. Book it. Why else would he be waiting til Aug 5th to make a decision? He's waiting til August 5th to announce his decision...to transfer to Iowa.

I am glad you clarified that (>), because at first I took that as (is greater than or bigger than Iowa). I agree with the thought process here. It would make no sense to drag it out if he was staying at the State Penn. It seems very logical just as the Woodbury going to Iowa reasoning was. Not to rub salt in the wounds of those of you who took your one week ban in a gentlemanly and honorably fashion.

I bet he stays, a lot of playing time just opened up in front of him

Hmmmmmm, let's see. At one place I get to avoid playing in a bowl game for my career and watch my program deteriorate. At the other place I get to play in 4 straight bowl games and watch the program get stronger.

(Jeopardy music) AL: "Which one will I take?"

"At the other place I get to play in 4 straight bowl games and watch the program get stronger."

I'll take "Iowa" for 500......... It's the daily double!! :eek:

A true sophomore who had no other BCS offers, saw more action at receiver than back, and when he was at back was ineffective - with a whopping 2.0 average. A frosh who was already busted for pot possession, a fall-back recruit we took from the Clowns, and 2 more walk-ons.

It really is getting truly comical.

"At the other place I get to play in 4 straight bowl games and watch the program get stronger."

I'll take "Iowa" for 500......... It's the daily double!! :eek:

You win and move on to the "genius" round.:D

Latest posts