De'Andre Johnson dismissed

It's not even a hypothetical. He's done it before. DJK, Coker, Robinson come to mind.
KF didn't get rid of Coker. I am not completely sure he is even the one that suspended him for one game. That was probably done above the athletics department level, I have a feeling. You can tel by comments he made at the time he was not behind those decisions and felt Coker was not being treated fairly.

A lot has opened up at Iowa too. It will be a tough call, but I would want to start fresh.
"...I would want to start fresh," said the Iowa fan who hopes the player goes to Iowa and rationalizes that the player from the east coast must think the same way.

Last edited:
"...I would want to start fresh," said the Iowa fan who hopes the player goes to Iowa and rationalizes that the player from the east coast must think the same way.

It's official. The HAWKEYE fan base has gone full ****** and is rooting for the kid NOT to come to Iowa.

Yes. I'm not an airbag believer. I'm not a believer in shanks either. And I prolly shouldn't mention either word, but just did. And guess what? We'll all still be fine tomorrow.

yikes...you just typed the S word, which may be worse that saying it. I got a tee time on Saturday darn it ! it's a money game....

Steve Batterson ‏@sbatt79
#qctimes #hawkmaniaqc FB Brad Rogers shares top spot at RB with Damon Bullock on revised Iowa depth chart, 2 true freshmen share backup spot

Regarding Coker....this still bothers me. I may be a bit biased as I believe that kid had enormous potential and was going to be special....beyond that I think he really was that good of a kid.

I say we try to get him to come back(only half-joking as I don't think he would come back even if he could). Remember, the coaches did not suspend him (or at least not by choice) and he left the program on his own - why - because he had integrity (imo).

basically, somebody messed up bigtime here and I don't think it was Marcus...again (imo)...I think the kid got really screwed.

I don't think it is time to start worrying that there are too many RBs and that we need them to switch to WR.

Be honest with me here. Do you think that there was some extra motivation to drop the hammer on De'Andre, knowing that it would provide an extra incentive to Akeel to choose Iowa?

No. He messed up twice. My guess is that the "Come to Jesus" meeting between De'Andre and KF did not go well. And of course, we don't know what ELSE may be figuring into the whole thing.

Seriously, if KF operated this way, there would not have BEEN a Sam Brownlee to hero-worship, and Paki O'Meara's name would appear NOwhere in Iowa football historical data.

And how does this provide any incentive for Akeel? "I just left the scourge of college football...for a place that, on the surface, deals pretty harshly with 'offenders'..."

i just see it as a thing of getting as many playmakers on the field as possible and garmon is a playmaker (not sure if he is a true rb). i see him as the likely canidate to move if anyone. i think he could end up like marvin in that you could convince him his best shot at nfl is as a wr...if it comes to that.

i would love to see hill (or lynch if he comes) at the single back with kmm and keenan on the outsides and cjf at te with garmon in the slot. that would give a lot of problems to match up and reverse options with garmon. some speed (garmon), some power (hill/lynch), some size (cjf), some skill (kmm and keenan). could be as versatile and tough personnel as iowa has walked onto the field recently.

Substitute Rogers for Hill in that scenario.

Latest posts