DC ANNOUNCEMENT

Could be Bradley with the extended time being the Regents took more time to look into the Sandusky thing to make absolutely certain he was no where near that thing.

I thought of him, too, but not sure if there is any direct connection w/ KF. I just cannot believe the complete blackout of news connected to this search. This fact brings me back to P. Parker. Any other guys would have friends/agents, etc. that could leak the news. Phil P. knows the Iowa blackout requirements.

If P. Parker was the man there would be NO reason to wait this long.

If P. Parker was the man there would be NO reason to wait this long.

Wrong. If P. Parker was Ferentz's clear-cut favorite from the get-go, there would be no reason to wait this long. Parker may still get it, but it's obvious that Ferentz gave serious consideration to someone else.

Wrong. If P. Parker was Ferentz's clear-cut favorite from the get-go, there would be no reason to wait this long. Parker may still get it, but it's obvious that Ferentz gave serious consideration to someone else.

Hey dipstick you just parroted what I said earlier and you're saying WRONG!

yes! jimmy leavitt. my bil was his left tackle in high school @ Dixie Hollins, st pete fla. He got hosed by the ungrateful bastards at USF.

Do you honestly believe they can advertise that applications will be accepted until a certain date and then suddenly stop the search and announce they've hired someone five days before that date?

You need to realize this isn't your typical job posting like it would be for say a professor or another job with the University of Iowa. So if they have found their man then yes they will announce it before the application period ends.

Just thinking out loud: if it's an outside hire, maybe Ferentz is trying to cajole some current defensive coaches to stay.

On the other hand, how would an outside hire feel about that?

IMO, if Ferentz wants to keep some existing defensive staff, it would be easier for that to occur if he hired an insider...
Making Ferentz the quasi-DC.

EDIT: Unless it's a coach that's lost his job due to an alleged scandal in the athletic department or a coach who's head coach has been let go.
That would still make Ferentz the quasi-DC.

Last edited:
i am not a fan of Ferentz jr becoming a DC yet, but i could see him as a OL coach, i hope the DC is a NFL coach, i don't follow the NFL so i have no clue as to when the Super Bowl is, if the deadline gets pushed back until then, Ithink it is a good possibility it is.
it makes no sense to even extended it in the 1st place if Phil was to be the new DC

Marc Morehouse said tonight that he thought the announcement would come within 48 hours...this was on the "On Iowa" TV show they do on KCRG 9.2 at 6:30.

FWIW...

Could it be a defensive coach from the Ravens or 49ers? Heard rumors about the Secondary Coach from Baltimore and Ed Donatell from the 49ers also a Secondary Coach. It'd make sense since the job was extended and their teams were playing up until yesterday.

I cannot confirm or deny that I had dinner with Jay Norvell recently and that I will be named the new DC at 2pm Iowa time tomorrow.

But it's beyond dispute that an anagram for "Billso, HN Legend" is "Hell, I Lend Bongs"

I cannot confirm or deny that I had dinner with Jay Norvell recently and that I will be named the new DC at 2pm Iowa time tomorrow.

But it's beyond dispute that an anagram for "Billso, HN Legend" is "Hell, I Lend Bongs"

A+ Billso.:D

Just wondering...when this is announced, should I plan to check here for the official announcement or should I look for a thread that says "OFFICIAL DC ANOUNCMENT" (sp error on purpose) or should I look at the one that says "The New DC is......" or should I look for the three threads in a row that have the name of the guy (or gal...shouldn't assume), or should I wait till later when Jon announces it?

So then you openly admit that you are in the habit of distributing drug paraphernalia
?

Just wondering...when this is announced, should I plan to check here for the official announcement or should I look for a thread that says "OFFICIAL DC ANOUNCMENT" (sp error on purpose) or should I look at the one that says "The New DC is......" or should I look for the three threads in a row that have the name of the guy (or gal...shouldn't assume), or should I wait till later when Jon announces it?

look for a thread title with jaleel johnson or JJ and twitter and i'm sure you will find what you're looking for

Latest posts