Davis is the OC

with results he had with Young and McCoy that alone should be enough to endear him with alot of the fan base as i recall many complained how the Iowa QB's regressed under O'Keefe

I have never heard anyone outside of the message board folk sing the praises of Soup beyond being a position coach. I have heard opinions to the contrary from others involved in the program.

I think it has something to do with the large amount of melanin in his skin.

Yeah and we didn't want Alford and boy has he stunk since leaving meaning fan opinions aren't very reliable. The guys ten year offensive numbers are sick. KOK never even sniffed this guy's performance. Are you kidding? Texas has better talent well maybe he's part of the reason they had great offensive talent? They sure have stunk since he left even with all that talent.

Yeah and we didn't want Alford and boy has he stunk since leaving meaning fan opinions aren't very reliable. The guys ten year offensive numbers are sick. KOK never even sniffed this guy's performance. Are you kidding? Texas has better talent well maybe he's part of the reason they had great offensive talent? They sure have stunk since he left even with all that talent.

Do you slick back your hair??

If it means we finish in the top 15 in offense every year I'm good with it. He was a scapegoat for 2010, and we will reap the rewards of that.
I think that is just too much to ask for; but if he can get us even a top 25-30 ranked offense, it will be a large improvement over what KOK did most of the time.

Last edited:
you guys are far to wrapped up in stats. we don't need a top 25 offense, we need an offense that can close the deal with a lead in the 4th.

I was reading comments about him on the Texas Rivals site. Seems many didn't like how predictable he was with his playcalling.

Sounds like KOK Part II.

Heard Chip Brown on the radio today. He had great things to say about Davis and claimed it was a mutual decision that he moved on. He almost went to Minnesota after the '09 season because he and Mac had a falling out. The biggest thing that struck me during that interview was Chip's praise of Davis as a QB coach. He mentioned Colt McCoy was a fall back 3 star recruit. He ended up being the most accurate passer in school history. I think the guy can coach.

I was reading comments about him on the Texas Rivals site. Seems many didn't like how predictable he was with his playcalling.Sounds like KOK Part II.

imagine that, idiots on Texas message boards sound a lot like idiots on Iowa message boards.

The Big 12 is a second tier conference now. With his Texas connections we should add a couple 5 star Texas kids each year. All the new hires are about recruiting. Kirk knows what to do once the kids get to Iowa City.

imagine that, idiots on Texas message boards sound a lot like idiots on Iowa message boards.

idiots on iowa board magnified by 1000 gives you the idiots on a texas board, i would imagine. all the same guy, however, with his name spelled exactly the same - idiot.

The Big 12 is a second tier conference now. With his Texas connections we should add a couple 5 star Texas kids each year. All the new hires are about recruiting. Kirk knows what to do once the kids get to Iowa City.

interesting, but ok not sure I buy it. Texas and Oklahoma are still Texas and Oklahoma, A&M is now in the $EC so that's a draw, plus TCU is good and Baylor and SMU are both respectable.

I'd argue recruiting in Texas is stronger than its ever been.

interesting, but ok not sure I buy it. Texas and Oklahoma are still Texas and Oklahoma, A&M is now in the $EC so that's a draw, plus TCU is good and Baylor and SMU are both respectable.

A&M is going to be a bottom dweller in the SEC. TCU, SMU, and Baylor are small religious who attract kids who don't want to go to big state schools. We have a chance to steal the blue chip UT and OU kids because the big 12 sucks and is only getting worse.

I just hope he has some recruiting connections remaining in Texas if this is true.

This is kind of a silly Cyclone statement. Do ya think a guy who was the TEXAS OC for 13 years might have more connections in Texas than KOK? Think farmer before typing.

Texas does less with more talent then any team in the history of college football.They lose to fricking Rice? The whole 1st team are high school All Americans.The whole second team are high school All Americans.They are the worst coached team ever ! Seriously,with their facilities and money! If I was a donor Mac Brown would be out on his rear end !

Texas does less with more talent then any team in the history of college football.They lose to fricking Rice? The whole 1st team are high school All Americans.The whole second team are high school All Americans.They are the worst coached team ever ! Seriously,with their facilities and money! If I was a donor Mac Brown would be out on his rear end !

Seriously, this post is full of awful.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on pulling many high star recruits out of there.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on pulling many high star recruits out of there.

Who said he was hired to pull 5-stars out of Texas? You definitely are Dwight Schrute's backward cousin.

If all he does is help us land another Babineaux or Solomon I'd say he was a smart hire.

Latest posts