Iowa
2010 - 52
2009 - 83
2008 - 48
2007 - 105
2006 - 32
2005 - 27
2004 - 83

You tell me, is this even close? Iowa's best season was worse than all of TX's worse season except the 2010 outlier.

Preaching to the choir.

Final season offense rankings
Texas
2010 - 74
2009 - 11
2008 - 11
2007 - 13
2006 - 26
2005 - 2
2004 - 11

Iowa
2010 - 52
2009 - 83
2008 - 48
2007 - 105
2006 - 32
2005 - 27
2004 - 83

You tell me, is this even close? Iowa's best season was worse than all of TX's worse season except the 2010 outlier.

This seems pretty telling to me. To say he did not have favorable results seems inaccurate.

Final season offense rankings
Texas
2010 - 74
2009 - 11
2008 - 11
2007 - 13
2006 - 26
2005 - 2
2004 - 11

Iowa
2010 - 52
2009 - 83
2008 - 48
2007 - 105
2006 - 32
2005 - 27
2004 - 83

^ Great point. If DAvis it is and he can move iowa's offensive rank up even to an avg of 50 then we are in good shape. If the defense rebounds and the new OC can move us to 40th on this list then look out pasadena!!!!

Re: Davis New OC

His results are what scare me. He won't have the recruits he did at Texas and he wasn't liked there.

This will go down as the worst move Ferentz ever made. Timestamp that.

Yeah, a few BCS appearences, National Championship and consistant top 10's really suck. You obviously know what you are talking about.

OC's and DC's are the easiest targets for mouthbreathers everywhere, 99% of college football fans think one, or both, of their coordinators suck, and the 1% that don't will unless they win the title for the second consecutive year.

WORD

There is a reason why he is referred to as GDGD.

After you witness Iowa run its fifth straight 7 yard hook on 3rd and 10, you'll understand.

Re: Davis New OC

His results are what scare me. He won't have the recruits he did at Texas and he wasn't liked there.

This will go down as the worst move Ferentz ever made. Timestamp that.

This will go down as one of the dumbest posts ever made. TIMESTAMP THAT!

The play book was all Kirk, the play calling is what will hopefully improve.

Im just glad to be bringing in some new ideas and some new recruiting connections.

Correct. Let's see the NY Giants just won their second super bowl in 4 or 5 years with and I-formation offense with a burly fullback and a great defense. The cowboys in the 90s, the steelers twice recently with pro-style offense and great defense.

If the hawks can get some great defenses again and just improve this very average offense by 7 points a game then here come the double digit win years.

Soup be gone.

Well.....bye.

Seriously this infatuation with Soup is puzzling. If he was ready or capable I don't think KF would have any issue handing him the keys. Obviously he didn't think this was the case. If he wants to pout about it (which we have no evidence of, and I highly doubt) and take his ball and go home, so be it. The list of guys that can do what he does is LONG.

I have never heard anyone outside of the message board folk sing the praises of Soup beyond being a position coach. I have heard opinions to the contrary from others involved in the program.

Correct. Let's see the NY Giants just won their second super bowl in 4 or 5 years with and I-formation offense with a burly fullback and a great defense. The cowboys in the 90s, the steelers twice recently with pro-style offense and great defense.

If the hawks can get some great defenses again and just improve this very average offense by 7 points a game then here come the double digit win years.

I could see this being correct considering Iowa losses by less than 7 quite often when they do lose.

I also could see them being elite again on defense considering only two years ago they were.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Iowa does score 7 more points a game with this new coordinator as I like his track record.

Basically, I think things are looking up for the program.

Well.....bye.

Seriously this infatuation with Soup is puzzling. If he was ready or capable I don't think KF would have any issue handing him the keys. Obviously he didn't think this was the case. If he wants to pout about it (which we have no evidence of, and I highly doubt) and take his ball and go home, so be it. The list of guys that can do what he does is LONG.

I have never heard anyone outside of the message board folk sing the praises of Soup beyond being a position coach. I have heard opinions to the contrary from others involved in the program.

My understanding is he was not interested in taking the job.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but the fans were pretty happy to get rid of him. As I said, only time will tell.

Much the same could be said of Coach Kaz.

The fans were happy to get rid of him because they needed a scapegoat for the 2010 season. It was too much to realize that the team had given up, and that Gilbert isn't a good QB. Davis' results in all of the years before that as OC are what is telling, not one outlier season where there were many other factors in play.

There is a reason why he is referred to as GDGD.

After you witness Iowa run its fifth straight 7 yard hook on 3rd and 10, you'll understand.

If it means we finish in the top 15 in offense every year I'm good with it. He was a scapegoat for 2010, and we will reap the rewards of that.

Because of UT Iowa may have struck gold and will be bringing in a much needed shot in the offensive arm. Let's give the guy an honest try if he in fact is the next OC.

I didn't know we were hiring a head coach.
I'd love to hear how his being a poor head coach for 3 years in the late 80's and early 90's would mean he'd be a bad offensive coordinator in 2012 and beyond after he has already had successful offenses at one of the best football programs ever.

Being a poor head coach means you're a bad coordinator. Everyone knows that.

Signed,
Romeo Crennel,
Norv Turner,
& Don Capers

Latest posts