Danger! Danger! ISU Hoiberg!

Time will tell if ISU is a top 25 or top 10 team. I don't see ISU losing more than 1 game at home, and I said a few days ago if ISU goes .500 or better on the road against (KU, Kstate, Baylor, Okie St., Oklahoma, and Texas) that they will contend for a conference championship. So far they are 0-1 in that endevor.

I see ISU losing at home on Monday.

I'm a troll and a clown because I don't think ISU crap needs to be posted daily in the Hawkeye basketball thread? That makes perfect sense.

Because you act like the internet keystone kops in a number of threads Sparky.

th

Last edited:
Ok, guys...I'm a simple man. (as a number of posters would concur, beginning with Imported Ankle)... but help me out with something.

Why would uber-clones like Doublewide and Sparky be HERE...on a Hawkeye board...after one of their biggest games of the year?

Well this is disappointing...ISU seemed legit the other day but they turn around and lose on the road to a very pedestrian OU team. I guess Hilton magic is real, it can make a team magically appear a lot better than they are!

I wouldn't call a 15-3 team "pedestrian". Their losses are to Kansas (picked to win the Big 12), Michigan State (picked to win the B1G) and Louisiana Tech (picked to finish 2nd in C-USA). And ISU was exposed: when they can't hit their treys at a 40% or better rate, they are extremely average; they were 6-26 today.

Oklahoma lost at home to Louisiana Tech...so yes.

So Louisiana Tech was 27-7 last year and 15-3 this year and picked to be #2 in C-USA is pedestrian? Plus OU's other two losses were to Michigan State and Kansas. Pedestrian?

So hey Knight, how was Iowa State's three point shooting against Oklahoma? Also I was wondering who Oklahoma has lost to this season.

So Louisiana Tech was 27-7 last year and 15-3 this year and picked to be #2 in C-USA is pedestrian? Plus OU's other two losses were to Michigan State and Kansas. Pedestrian?

Louisiana Tech is number 43 on Kenpom. Not a horrible loss really.

OU is decent, but the kind of team a legit top ten team needs to beat on the road. ISU will lose several more times, they are a top 25 team but not a top ten team.

I think that pretty much sums it up. I pull for ISU when not playing Iowa and was hoping they would be undefeated going into the Kansas game.

i'm with you - i'm not saying i want them to win because that would be good for them - i guess i was thinking about iowa when i said that.

and if they would win out, what a better thing for them to lose early in the ncaa! nothing like seeing clownies cry...

I don't care if the clowns winning could be good for the hawks. I still want them to lose every game.

I was wondering who Oklahoma had best this year prior to yesterday's win.

They beat Texas @ Texas. That's the only win of consequence. I had to do a double and triple take at their schedule. Their only road game ALL SEASON was the win at Texas. I don't even know how that is possible through 16 games. So this obviously means all 3 of their losses have been at home...not impressed with 3 home losses. It's not like Iowa State was trying to do something no one has accomplished this season.

They beat Texas @ Texas. That's the only win of consequence. I had to do a double and triple take at their schedule. Their only road game ALL SEASON was the win at Texas. I don't even know how that is possible through 16 games. So this obviously means all 3 of their losses have been at home...not impressed with 3 home losses. It's not like Iowa State was trying to do something no one has accomplished this season.

You probably need to check another site for their schedule, as their home games vs road games numbers are about like ours: 12 home games vs 6 away games for them... 11 home games vs 6 away games for the Hawks so far.

Don't know where you came up with the idea they hadn't played any away games other than Texas?

You probably need to check another site for their schedule, as their home games vs road games numbers are about like ours: 12 home games vs 6 away games for them... 11 home games vs 6 away games for the Hawks so far.

Don't know where you came up with the idea they hadn't played any away games other than Texas?

No, he's right they've only played one true away game. Neutral site games aren't away games.

Yes, but the reason they lost is because they RELY on the three point shot. 6-26 doesn't cut it.

ISU doesn't rely on the 3 pointer as much as they did last year. The lack of defensive rebounding and stupid turnovers is what got them yesterday.

Latest posts